Surrender Vote in SPVP

Bloadsoaked.6792

If i would always team up with guild members, I would see no need for this because you are the ones that crush teams. However there a games that are 20 - 180 points, so no realistic chance with randoms. Ppl will now post their insane comebacks - unless they are a significant percentage of those situations and with randoms - spare your breath. Carrying the team is also not possible with the rezz mechanics that revives the foes when a team member dies. It is a total time waste as you get only 1/3 of the rank points.I have seen the surrender vote before, its very useful and a win-win for all players.

My suggestion: If their is a point difference of 150 points, players have the possibility to vote, 3 of 5 is needed to end the game. If the vote is unsuccessful, it has a cd of 4 or 5 minutes. For the ppl that argue about the 150p; it could be rather 100p but not 200p. Why? Bc there are surprisingly many players that enjoy time wastes if it comes to a vote, half the time it fails - i played games with surrender vote before, ik.

Be kind, dont hate, be chill

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, absolutely not. 150 points is not unwinnable. It’s the attitude of giving up in resignation to a loss that makes it unwinnable.

I hate when people give up in a match, no matter how great or small the point difference. If you want to give up mid game, go play Tetris or something that you can just set down and walk away from the moment you become frustrated because giving up in a team game mode is a disservice to the other 9 people stuck playing with you.

Nope. I've had games where we cleared a 300 point lead and won. I've had games where we cleared a 100 point lead while the enemy was stuck at 495. Comebacks exist and the way to win is not to give up, but to keep fighting and playing well regardless of how hopeless the game may seem. I once fought a team where they had 465 points and we had 200 and their revenant stopped playing because he thought it was clear he was going to win. He didn't.

I would love such option. Imagine so many rewards with just a simple PvP button. It's the best idea ever for farming PvP, because every loss will bring fast pips and rewards.

+1 for this. Great idea. Anet please add a surrender button, it totally makes sense because we already have AFK in teams, and it's not fair to waste gameplay time. We need faster rewards and jump to the next PvP match, and then the next. We need this surrender option. Totally awesome!!

@"Sinful.2165" said:Lol, absolutely not. 150 points is not unwinnable. It’s the attitude of giving up in resignation to a loss that makes it unwinnable.

I hate when people give up in a match, no matter how great or small the point difference. If you want to give up mid game, go play Tetris or something that you can just set down and walk away from the moment you become frustrated because giving up in a team game mode is a disservice to the other 9 people stuck playing with you.

I wish I could still reference that one thread that somebody made about how there was something like a 74% that the team reaching 250 first would win. This game is such a snowballing memefest. Midfights often determine the winner before the first minute of the match resolves, especially if the losing team manages to lose 3 players. While it's not impossible to come back, it's mostly because the leading team makes a series of huge mistakes that should never happen rather than the trailing team somehow just "gettin gud" at the game.

It'd probably be much better if matches just ended at 250 points.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Resign = automatic reward lost.Makes sense.. :+1:

resign with all team mates = no pips, lose ratingresign with a dc beyond the threshold = no pips, no rating loss (except for dc, which is the same as now)

resign is on 30 minute cooldown afterwards

i mean it would be fair if it is just about getting out of a bs match.....lol

Your way, I could abuse that. Think about it.

@Swagg.9236 said:

@"Sinful.2165" said:Lol, absolutely not. 150 points is not unwinnable. It’s the attitude of giving up in resignation to a loss that makes it unwinnable.

I wish I could still reference that one thread that somebody made about how there was something like a 74% that the team reaching 250 first would win. This game is such a snowballing memefest. Midfights often determine the winner before the first minute of the match resolves, especially if the losing team manages to lose 3 players. While it's not impossible to come back, it's mostly because the leading team makes a series of huge mistakes that should never happen rather than the trailing team somehow just "gettin gud" at the game.

Just because 74% of matches don't comeback does not mean that we should eliminate the 26% that do. Also changing the end score to 250 is a huge problem because it would put stupidly high emphasis on the outcome of the first teamfight, since the first teamfight can easily result in 100 -125 points if played properly.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Resign = automatic reward lost.Makes sense.. :+1:

resign with all team mates = no pips, lose ratingresign with a dc beyond the threshold = no pips, no rating loss (except for dc, which is the same as now)

resign is on 30 minute cooldown afterwards

i mean it would be fair if it is just about getting out of a bs match.....lol

Your way, I could abuse that. Think about it.

i'm i.q. of mosquito ...please explain

@Crinn.7864 said:

Just because 74% of matches don't comeback does not mean that we should eliminate the 26% that do. Also changing the end score to 250 is a huge problem because it would put stupidly high emphasis on the outcome of the first teamfight, since the first teamfight can easily result in 100 -125 points if played properly.

Except there IS a STUPIDLY HIGH emphasis on the outcome of the first teamfight. That's just the reality of GW2 PvP. If you want to fix the finality of the midfight outcome, then the game mode needs a lot of overhauling. Otherwise, the reality is the fluke 26% shouldn't be the anecdotal defense of the rest of the boring 74% of the matches. Just kill the match at 250. Anything beyond that is going to be, 3 out of 4 matches, a waste of everyone's time. That's a lot of matches. Oh, and on top of that, shorter matches mean faster rewards.

No way, theres a lot of situations where you can change a 150 + score. Most times its either:

The other group lost a player.Your group coordinate/ miraclously spam at the same time and go in team.The other team started good, later overexpand and either its snowballed or was a good mid comp that gets rekked if its not in group.

Plus considere that maps like the one with Svanir and the Chieftain can have huger shifts of points.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@STIHL.2489 said:I give this an
Up Vote

It would save time when you know you're gonna lose.

All it would really do is accentuate and legitimise culture that has already been condemned and moaned about by this community.

If you are talking about people that throw matches, this just gives some poor sucker that got stuck on the wrong team a fast path out.

Hi everyone, I have already made topic about it with evidence (screenshots and video). Unfortunately reveal these players publicly is against our rules. My topic gets deleted and i received this messages:

! You've been warned. Accusing players of abusive in-game behavior is not allowed on the forums. etc...

Okay i dont want to break your rules but if i blur their names. It will be fine ? I did many screenshots and videos. Maybe you trust me so no evidence is needed. At end you can do pvp yourself and you will experience same.

!1) I can show you matches that starts with 4vs5. Maybe just DC ? I dont think so...!2) I can show about fifty players idle for the last few weeks on screenshots. Usually some players get upset about pvp progress and to boycott match they stay idle and they uses bad language to blame others.!3) I can show you players with lvl 1 armor that do nothing just dying and now please dont get me wrong about judging player by lvl-1 armor. I dont really talk about inexperienced players. This is very important. Im talking about players that do nothing and i mean exactly nothing. Im not sure if these ppl are even real players or some prescipted bots that just run into middle and than die... and repeat.!4) I can show you multi account bots. Same names / same look /same outfit. One character follow other one.

From my experience. There is more than 50% chance that automaticky assembled will contain about 1-3 afters/bots/lvl-1 players. Damn its serious problem!

I know its not your fault. I know theres probably no way to fully protect game against bots, afkers , ... but do not let unpaid accounts participate in pvp at 1st place that will fix about 90% bots and exploits. At least i believe so.

Your report system do nothing.. i reported players (without any doubt) using bots and afkers and 3 days later i meet them again.

Just give us surrender or leave button OR let us assemble private group and join as group. Im sick of this broken randoms.

Today i did 3 pvp matches. 1st start with 4vs5. Other one with afk player (i can show you sreenshot). And im not going to lie i left 3th one.

I thing gw2 is best themepark mmo on market and pvp is actually really good if teams are balanced. But matches with 5v5 active/real players are rare.

This is my feedback to you. I dont want to be rude. But it have to be spoken.Its completely up you if you decide to do something with it. I know im not important person and you might not care about my suggestion or opinion. But i tried...

And please. All other players. Pls share your experience in comments below. If you feel it same or im just unlucky ?!

Personally, i'm against a "surrender tool" because it will bring toxic players to ruin other players experience by just spamming "concede" button mid game.

Usually, i have these types of afk players: "oh it it 150-250" now, we lost, concede, gg". While even 100-400 comebacks are manageable. So, I think it would be better to benefit comeback matches with some improved rewards and stuff.

I have afkers every 1/30 to 1/50 games. I find this to be very manageable.

The amount of players willing to AFK as soon as the game doesn't go their way increases in low rating. It happens the same in high rating, but only if the game really is looking like a stomp.

Archived