How to fight Weavers?

Hiki.9310

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@witcher.3197 said:You don't. Embrace the eternal 1v1 and never +1 a weaver. He's useful only if he can keep people busy, weaver otherwise isn't a danger.

only kitten think this way. A weaver can't 1v2 and keep the node capped just like a spellbreaker and holo cant

That's really depending on the composition. But in most cases I totally agree.

But without further information, there are just way too many options on how to fight weavers... I do agree though, many people seem to not know about them. Happens even in Plat3.

@Hiki.9310 said:What do I do against a Weaver that is cycling though evades?

They don't cycle through evades....it's you who is spamming all its attacks without even watching what the enemy is doing.

1- You don't play an ele if not you'd recognise the difference between riptide and twist of fate( I assume majority of players at this point know that earthen vortex evade only vertically)2- You bait their only stunbreak : twist of fate and then you CC lock them3- You're not a bunker yourself if not why are you trying to 1v1 a mender bunker? you haven't got the dmg to finish him off

In the end you bait their only stunbreak and CClock/burst from there and they will explode in 4s because they have no passive invulnerability or stunbreak-no block-no stealth and natural squishiness compared to other professions

But really they only have 2 evade skills +1 stunbreak...stop spamming your rotation and actually look what's going on

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@witcher.3197 said:You don't. Embrace the eternal 1v1 and never +1 a weaver. He's useful only if he can keep people busy, weaver otherwise isn't a danger.

only kitten think this way. A weaver can't 1v2 and keep the node capped just like a spellbreaker and holo cant

Who said anything about keeping the node capped. It's all about keeping 2 people busy so your team can 4v3 the enemy and win the other 2 caps. That's the only thing weaver's good for.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Hiki.9310" said:What do I do against a Weaver that is cycling though evades?

They don't cycle through evades....
it's you who is spamming all its attacks without even watching what the enemy is doing

1- You don't play an ele if not you'd recognise the difference between riptide and twist of fate( I assume majority of players at this point know that earthen vortex evade only vertically)2- You bait their only stunbreak : twist of fate and then you CC lock them3- You're not a bunker yourself if not why are you trying to 1v1 a mender bunker? you haven't got the dmg to finish him off

In the end you bait their only stunbreak and CClock/burst from there and they will explode in 4s because they have no passive invulnerability or stunbreak-no block-no stealth and natural squishiness compared to other professions

But really they only have 2 evade skills +1 stunbreak...stop spamming your rotation and actually look what's going on

Honestly fam, i wont question your knowledge, i havent played ele since before auramancer was nerfed in pvp so i know nothing of their skills. But i kinda agree with OP... it feels, note the feels, like the weaver goes through tons of evades while healing back up.

They have that thingy where they burrow into the ground, the 2 spinny stunbreaks on utility bar, that one spin with the waterfield thingy, not to mention the arcana traitline that heals them whenever they switch attunements. So it's like " yes bois i got them to 15% hp, now to finish them off- oh god, they're evading everything i do and now they're back on 90% HP."

It just feels like they have that period of time when theyre evading everything whilst also recovering all the damage you did. I ain't saying that's what is happening, just what it looks like is happening :v

@ChartFish.1308 said:

it's you who is spamming all its attacks without even watching what the enemy is doing

Honestly fam, i wont question your knowledge, i havent played ele since before auramancer was nerfed in pvp so i know nothing of their skills. But i kinda agree with OP... it
feels
, note the
feels
, like the weaver goes through tons of evades while healing back up.

They have that thingy where they burrow into the ground, the 2 spinny stunbreaks on utility bar, that one spin with the waterfield thingy, not to mention the arcana traitline that heals them whenever they switch attunements. So it's like " yes bois i got them to 15% hp, now to finish them off- oh god, they're evading everything i do and now they're back on 90% HP."

It just feels like they have that period of time when theyre evading everything whilst also recovering all the damage you did. I ain't saying that's what is happening, just what it looks like is happening :v

Do you think it's fair to assess if a class is too bunkery if you admit you don't know it's moves nor how to fight / counter it? It's a bunker without pressure. If you duel it like a duellist, it doesn't really kill other builds. If it gets +1'd it still dies. In bad matchups it still gets pressured off node - which is enough against low-pressure bunkers.

You don't need to be able to 1v1 it. You need to know when to push into it, and half the fights against weaver are just surviving the stalemate until they realise nothing will happen or either of you get a +1. And a weaver +1 is still ... not very high on damage.

Essentially, hold decapped or full capped nodes against them and don't push into a 1v1 unless you can get a +1 soon; or you can outpressure the 1v1 to decap. Their only goal is to bait you into being greedy and trying to kill them half the game.

@"ChartFish.1308" said:

"i havent played ele since before auramancer was nerfed in pvp"

And that's the problem...people don't play the actual class......I don't know what to say honestly, there are reasons why this spec is not seen competitively anywhere from AT in PvP to wvw roaming, whoever interested can PM me in game, anything I would say here would be taken as an offence knowing the GW2 playerbase....

Typical sword weaver has only one stunbreak and no passive lifesavers so it's stupid easy for any well played burst spec to wreck them in no time...again PM me in game, the spec is super easy to shut down

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"ChartFish.1308" said:

And that's the problem...people don't play the actual class......I don't know what to say honestly, there are reasons why this spec is not seen competitively anywhere from AT in PvP to wvw roaming, whoever interested can PM me in game, anything I would say here would be taken as an offence knowing the GW2 playerbase....

Typical sword weaver has only one stunbreak and no passive lifesavers so it's stupid easy for any well played burst spec to wreck them in no time...again PM me in game, the spec is super easy to shut down

People like to scream OP at everything that anything they have a problem beating. I wont lie, spellbreakers get on my nerves because I have a hard time beating them, and it's easy to accuse something you don't even play of being OP just because you can't beat it.I try not being a hypocrite :p i see people that have never touched ranger cry about how soulbeast has perma condi cleanse and how it hits like a truck while also being unkillable. A lot of these things are people who dont know the class, weaknesses and strengths, saying it's more unbalanced than it really is.

Anyway. Feel free to tell me the ways of shutting down sword weavers lol :D

People like to scream OP at everything that anything they have a problem beating. I wont lie, spellbreakers get on my nerves because I have a hard time beating them, and it's easy to accuse something you don't even play of being OP just because you can't beat it.I try not being a hypocrite :p i see people that have never touched ranger cry about how soulbeast has perma condi cleanse and how it hits like a truck while also being unkillable. A lot of these things are people who dont know the class, weaknesses and strengths, saying it's more unbalanced than it really is.

I play ranger too, 2.8k hrs on it and I use :

-core power gs/lb : MM-BM-WS with rock gazelle and smokescaleIt depends who starts but typically the weaver will either start to dodge needlessly ( 1 sign you're facing a nab ) or charge with primordial stance up ( again a sign they're noobs) , simply buy yourself time with GS counterattack and wait for the 1 stab to end ( which does before primordial stance ends) , follow with hilt bash and now the weaver will either use first ToF or eat a maul into rock gazelle into..death....switch to lb amd knockback..weaver will use last ToF...from here is a skill matchup for 40s, it should be fairly easy to kill a no pressure semi bunker with no stunbreaks on your marauder/berseker power burst

-soulbeast s/w-lb : smokescale ++ XX and one wolf packSame strategy, force the use of ToF than charge OwP and smokeassault the weaver for 3x the normal dmg, follow with either knockdown/world impact or rapid fire....really easy strategy, weaver uses no passive stunbreaks and has no passive invulnerability..easy pick... just the less burst you are and the more annoying they get, they're full bunker after all

@ChartFish.1308 said:

Honestly fam, i wont question your knowledge, i havent played ele since before auramancer was nerfed in pvp so i know nothing of their skills. But i kinda agree with OP... it
feels
, note the
feels
, like the weaver goes through tons of evades while healing back up.

That opinion is totally valid. And I can understand why it feels this way - but that is a basic misunderstanding. If you played it, you would see when the moment to burst has come. And you would know his CDs. And know what he relies on to survive. As long as people will just spam their skills, yes, then it does become hard. But that does not work in higher tiers.

Apart from that, yeah, ele doesn't do much damage. It can wear some classes down though when not at equal skill level.

As long as the damage is increased significantly, I would even be fine with lower evade frames. Or move survivability elsewhere if you like. But the barrier output right now is ridiculously low, prot only comes from earth and ele has that one stunbreak+spin. Yes. It is one. With 5s CD but 40s recharge time. Check the CDs, watch the attunements! That's all it takes.

Archived