Is it allowed to put the [NA] Server and the [EU] Server into a challenge?

It says a Server will win; do you mean whoever comes in first will announce which server he/she is currently residing on?Or did you mean between the NA region and the EU region? (Which can not play together.)And if those walking without Roller Beetles are faster, are they disqualified?Is it really a race? Or just an community event highlighting Roller Beetles?

Whichever, good luck.

Maybe it's against the rules to invoke a connection between the two servers beyond the shared forums?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Or did you mean between the NA region and the EU region?ThisOr just an community event highlighting Roller Beetles?This

It's not a race, it's a promenade-event with as many of red, green, blue, grey, colorful beetles as possible.

There are actually several connections between the two regions. The Trading Post and gem store are game-wide and it's possible to add friends who are in a different region and send them mail (including items). If I remember correctly there's also been at least 1 PvP tournament which came down to an NA team fighting against an EU team (I think they actually flew the teams out to a convention or something so they could fight against each other).

The only reason you can't play with people in the other region is because it's not technically possible, not because Anet don't want us associating with each other.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Unless you have an organizer on both servers it’s going to be a bit awkward for the people that show up and stand around wondering where the head guy is.

You mean on [NA]? Yes, that could happen ... :-D

Well, if you’re not going to have someone organizing one of the servers then you should edit your other thread to remove that server from the event so you don’t have people showing up and being disappointed.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Unless you have an organizer on both servers it’s going to be a bit awkward for the people that show up and stand around wondering where the head guy is.

Well, if you’re not going to have someone organizing one of the servers then you should edit your other post to remove that server from the event so you don’t have people showing up and being disappointed.

Everything important is written there. It should work without a leader. Just commence the first step. If it fails because of that, then [EU] deserves the win either way.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

Well, if you’re not going to have someone organizing one of the servers then you should edit your other post to remove that server from the event so you don’t have people showing up and being disappointed.

Everything important is written there. It should work without a leader. Just commence the first step. If it fails because of that, then [EU] deserves the win either way.

Uh huh. If you say so.

What’s going to happen is a few people may show up. They’ll mill around a bit looking for the organizer and then when he doesn’t show they’ll wander off. You can consider it a win if you wish but the people that show up on the NA side will consider it poor planning.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Out of curiosity, let’s say the NA side manages to organize itself and start on time with no organizer and they finish the event. How are you going to know which side won? You won’t know anybody’s name on the other side to ask them.

Like I said it's not a race. The screens and vids and what's visible on them will determine the winner. If, say, on [EU] 100 beetles walk and on [NA] 5 beetles walk, [EU] will clearly win. This event is some sort of "beetle fashion wars walk" but not individually but in a crowd. The more walkers join, the more likely the win. But if [NA] would wait for a leader and never start to walk, well, then this challenge is decided before it even has started.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Out of curiosity, let’s say the NA side manages to organize itself and start on time with no organizer and they finish the event. How are you going to know which side won? You won’t know anybody’s name on the other side to ask them.

Like I said it's not a race. The screens and vids and what's visible on them will determine the winner. If, say, on [EU] 100 beetles walk and on [NA] 5 beetles walk, [EU] will clearly win. This event is some sort of "beetle fashion wars walk" but not individually but in a crowd. The more walkers join, the more likely the win. But if [NA] would wait for a leader and never start to walk, well, then this challenge is decided before it even has started.

It’s human psychology. You get random unrelated people show up where an organized event is supposed to happen then they’re going to expect an organizer to show up. To think that one of the random people waiting for the event leader is going to suddenly take command and start telling other people when to start and reading off/enforcing the rules is unrealistic. It’s poor planning on your part to not have an organizer on both servers. If you’re not willing to do so you should at least edit your other thread so that people know what to expect.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:To think that one of the random people waiting for the event leader is going to suddenly take command and start telling other people when to start and reading off/enforcing the rules is unrealistic. It’s poor planning on your part to not have an organizer on both servers.

Well, it's what I told here, no more no less. If [NA] is not able to find a leader and also not willing to participate without one, then [EU] already has won - though we will walk nevertheless. But I encourage everyone who participates to start walking when s/he feels fine to do so. The crowd will self-organize, I'm pretty sure about that.

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:To think that one of the random people waiting for the event leader is going to suddenly take command and start telling other people when to start and reading off/enforcing the rules is unrealistic. It’s poor planning on your part to not have an organizer on both servers.

Well, it's what I told here, no more no less. If [NA] is not able to find a leader and also not willing to participate without one, then [EU] already has won - though we will walk nevertheless. But I encourage everyone who participates to start walking when s/he feels fine to do so. The crowd will self-organize, I'm pretty sure about that.

Be sure to contact the members of the NA group to get the screenshots.

So, the challenge will take place today. I hope that as many of us as possible will participate.I didn't get a confirmation about it, but I think the 5k Boss Blitz Challenge was inspired by the Bulletstorm Challenge. Having two megaservers and not taking advantage of it for special events seems to be a waste^^

See u at Kraitbane Haven at 18h UTC+1. Call me what you like, but It will be pretty fantastic, a parade of colorful walking easter eggs in august! :-D

Archived