condi mirage vs condi mirage?

necromaniac.7629

Brahhh am I the only one that avoids fighting other condi mirages.(no offense to my fellow elite sexy condi mirages ;) ;). I just feel so nervous confused irritated annoyed paranoyed and disgusted when fighting other condi mirages so I just started avoiding them... :/ (WvW) and its just so dumb to me, its like a battle of who gets the most successful evades or whatever -_-

Fighting bunker condi mirages as a power bruiser with lots of condi cleanse is generally one of the easiest opponents there is in WvW. Only the really good one come close to hurting you and can be a hard fight. The rest die while you maintain around 100% hp.

I've had bunker mesmers do alot more damage to me while they where downed due to the time it takes to stomp (if you dont need invouln its a waste to spend it), as opposed to the fight itself.

Even bad bunker scourges can be a pain in comparison if they get in just one good burst that give you cripple for days.

It is a battle of evades/ports and cleanses, with plenty of juking and kiting, and it is also a very fun and exhilarating fight. I like fighting against mesmers in general because it's easier to understand exactly what is happening in a fight, and pure condi mesmer gives you more chance to counter than power.

Also the "Highlander" syndrome kicks in and you tend to play with more emotion! xD

Particularly if the builds aren't identical - ie using different weapons like sword/x. It's interesting to see who counters who and how.

Far more enjoyable to fight against condi mesmers than against bunker warriors/rangers/eles, anyone with a pet firebrand, condi thieves or even holo right now.

Edit - from seeing the other thread you should really think about a different build because double staff has no burst pressure, especially with trailblazer, assuming the opponent builds in some cleanse.

Since my condi mirage build has Arcane Thievery in it, fights with other condi classes tend to be a lot of fun. There's this moment when I get hit with a condi spam, and then I send it back. Of course, every now and then, I fail on sending back the condi's because the other mirage happened to dodge at that moment - that's less fun...

@eldenbri.1059 said:Since my condi mirage build has Arcane Thievery in it, fights with other condi classes tend to be a lot of fun. There's this moment when I get hit with a condi spam, and then I send it back. Of course, every now and then, I fail on sending back the condi's because the other mirage happened to dodge at that moment - that's less fun...

yessss I thought people were sleeping on aracane thievery so then I tried it out but its kinda hard to land so its kinda useless, it would be better if it didn't have a cast time(just instantly sends conditions) so then for example if you had confusion, you wouldn't take any damage when casting it

@"Curunen.8729" said:It is a battle of evades/ports and cleanses, with plenty of juking and kiting, and it is also a very fun and exhilarating fight. I like fighting against mesmers in general because it's easier to understand exactly what is happening in a fight, and pure condi mesmer gives you more chance to counter than power.

Also the "Highlander" syndrome kicks in and you tend to play with more emotion! xD

Particularly if the builds aren't identical - ie using different weapons like sword/x. It's interesting to see who counters who and how.

Far more enjoyable to fight against condi mesmers than against bunker warriors/rangers/eles, anyone with a pet firebrand, condi thieves or even holo right now.

Edit - from seeing the other thread you should really think about a different build because double staff has no burst pressure, especially with trailblazer, assuming the opponent builds in some cleanse.

Well I guess you like fighting condi mesmers :)But to me when i'm fighting ,its like my condis just constantly burst just my auto attack inficts 12secs of bleed and torment and 4 sec burn, when I get mirage mirror all of that is doubled and that's coming from three clones! =) (cause I always got 3 clones up) when I see the, trying to cleanse or heal I just interrupt them with chaos vortex or domination signet to get a nice 4sec immobilize or jaunt on them to get a lil confusion. I think that the playstyle is definitely slow and seems to have no pressure but the condis definitely do

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:i do stay cool since i run illu/insp/mirage. Got waaaay more sustain then othe condi mirages, and dont care for the condis. Just watch for Confu.

nice, so i'm guess youre using the mantra heal skill

not even ; 1000 Healing Power with Heal on Shatter + Perma Regen + False oasis. I experimented with mantras , but still dislike the insane prep-time, even with MC as cover. (wvw)

TBH right now im using a pretty strange build, which will probably make some of you look twice. (pvp)Persistence of Memory + Phantasmal Haste + Phantasmal Force + Illusionary Inspiration.axe/sword - Staffwhenever i start a fight i will usually be on staff and simply spawn an illusion with 2 and then i like to use Mirror Images. Most likely dodge to keep clones alive into ambush into 3 clone F4. Chaos storm under your feed, start staff 3. As soon as you get Quicknesss swap to axe/sword, and use your sword 5(+1 if you hit it).Now activate your signet of inspiration IF you are in range of your Phantasms, and shortly before Warlocks finished theire animation.

Have fun with 8 boons for the next 20 seconds.

I played leadership runes , cele amulet in Gold 3 with this build x)usually 300k damage -250k heal - both can spike

Btw ; since im playing this build RNG favours me a lot ; Often times i randomely get alacratiy from signet, just before sharin it with my phants. This rougly gets me 8-10 seconds alacrity while beeing on my axe, as a Mirage. Amazing feelling.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:i do stay cool since i run illu/insp/mirage. Got waaaay more sustain then othe condi mirages, and dont care for the condis. Just watch for Confu.

not even ; 1000 Healing Power with Heal on Shatter + Perma Regen + False oasis. I experimented with mantras , but still dislike the insane prep-time, even with MC as cover. (wvw)

TBH right now im using a pretty strange build, which will probably make some of you look twice. (pvp)Persistence of Memory + Phantasmal Haste + Phantasmal Force + Illusionary Inspiration.axe/sword - Staffwhenever i start a fight i will usually be on staff and simply spawn an illusion with 2 and then i like to use Mirror Images. Most likely dodge to keep clones alive into ambush into 3 clone F4. Chaos storm under your feed, start staff 3. As soon as you get Quicknesss swap to axe/sword, and use your sword 5(+1 if you hit it).Now activate your signet of inspiration IF you are in range of your Phantasms, and shortly before Warlocks finished theire animation.

I played leadership runes , cele amulet in Gold 3 with this build x)usually 300k damage -250k heal - both can spike

Btw ; since im playing this build RNG favours me a lot ; Often times i randomely get alacratiy from signet, just before sharin it with my phants. This rougly gets me 8-10 seconds alacrity while beeing on my axe, as a Mirage. Amazing feelling.

interesting build, I personally never use mantras overall though, just not my thing.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Interestingly I've been thinking of Duelling/Inspiration/Mirage with mantras, testing a few things for wvw although the gaps in vigour become noticable as soon as you go away from Chaos. That's a pretty neat play with signet of inspiration though to duplicate the boons for the phantasms to die and transfer them back to you.

How do you find axe without Deceptive Evasion? I personally find it awkward and with less flow, although maybe it's just something I'd get used to if persevering with not using it.

@Curunen.8729 said:

Interestingly I've been thinking of Duelling/Inspiration/Mirage with mantras, testing a few things for wvw although the gaps in vigour become noticable as soon as you go away from Chaos. That's a pretty neat play with signet of inspiration though to duplicate the boons for the phantasms to die and transfer them back to you.

How do you find axe without Deceptive Evasion? I personally find it awkward and with less flow, although maybe it's just something I'd get used to if persevering with not using it.

yes, I think its a cool idea too to use inspiration signet with your clones

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:It is a battle of evades/ports and cleanses, with plenty of juking and kiting, and it is also a very fun and exhilarating fight. I like fighting against mesmers in general because it's easier to understand exactly what is happening in a fight, and pure condi mesmer gives you more chance to counter than power.

Well I guess you like fighting condi mesmers :)But to me when i'm fighting ,its like my condis just constantly burst just my auto attack inficts 12secs of bleed and torment and 4 sec burn, when I get mirage mirror all of that is doubled and that's coming from three clones! =) (cause I always got 3 clones up) when I see the, trying to cleanse or heal I just interrupt them with chaos vortex or domination signet to get a nice 4sec immobilize or jaunt on them to get a lil confusion. I think that the playstyle is definitely slow and seems to have no pressure but the condis definitely do

One trouble with double staff and IH (which I assume you're using) is if the opponent has both Evasive Mirror and enough cleanse (ie Elusive Mind, mantra, etc) it just completely shuts it down. The staff orbs will be constantly reflected, and any condis that stick will be cleansed.

It's a fun playstyle, sure, but traditionally both mesmers and thieves are best countered by burst (power or condi, and this means real burst like GS2+F1, or old style Scepter 2 into F2, etc), due to their evasiveness (ports, evades, anti-cc, stealth and now also target breaks). You kind of have to catch them by the scruff of the neck and hit hard, otherwise they just kite out of it. Mirage especially - chaos storm and signet of domination aren't going to hold someone in place even with Chaotic Interruption immobilise (granted CI is very cool, especially if you play full condirupt, although in the current state of the game there are too many ways to negate it) - at most they might give you a moment to unload (heavy) damage, but between blink, jaunt, illusionary ambush and potentially other ports like phase retreat, stealth and condi clear, nevermind just being able to dodge as a mirage, you've really got to capitalise on those windows of opportunity.

Not wanting to be a kitten, just trying to help so you might enjoy fighting mesmers in the future. :)

Edit - if you're really wanting to play with CI, I'd strongly recommend taking either Sword/Pistol or Axe/Pistol (together with staff) for magic bullet, and then also maybe mantra of distraction, as well as Ineptitude. The trouble here is then being countered by passive anti-cc from things like stability, so swings and roundabouts. It would work better against mesmers though as you could punish them hard with all the interrupts and condi.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:It is a battle of evades/ports and cleanses, with plenty of juking and kiting, and it is also a very fun and exhilarating fight. I like fighting against mesmers in general because it's easier to understand exactly what is happening in a fight, and pure condi mesmer gives you more chance to counter than power.

One trouble with double staff and IH (which I assume you're using) is if the opponent has both Evasive Mirror and enough cleanse (ie Elusive Mind, mantra, etc) it just completely shuts it down. The staff orbs will be constantly reflected, and any condis that stick will be cleansed.

It's a fun playstyle, sure, but traditionally both mesmers and thieves are best countered by burst (power or condi, and this means real burst like GS2+F1, or old style Scepter 2 into F2, etc), due to their evasiveness (ports, evades, anti-cc, stealth and now also target breaks). You kind of have to catch them by the scruff of the neck and hit hard, otherwise they just kite out of it. Mirage especially - chaos storm and signet of domination aren't going to hold someone in place even with Chaotic Interruption immobilise (granted CI is very cool, especially if you play full condirupt, although in the current state of the game there are too many ways to negate it) - at most they might give you a moment to unload (heavy) damage, but between blink, jaunt, illusionary ambush and potentially other ports like phase retreat, stealth and condi clear, nevermind just being able to dodge as a mirage, you've really got to capitalise on those windows of opportunity.

Not wanting to be a kitten, just trying to help so you might enjoy fighting mesmers in the future. :)

Edit - if you're really wanting to play with CI, I'd strongly recommend taking either Sword/Pistol or Axe/Pistol (together with staff) for magic bullet, and then also maybe mantra of distraction, as well as Ineptitude. The trouble here is then being countered by passive anti-cc from things like stability, so swings and roundabouts. It would work better against mesmers though as you could punish them hard with all the interrupts and condi.

what is HI and CI, but the thing is my friend, I use mirror too, I alternate it mirror and false oasis but when i'm using mirror I trait it so I can get a 4sec mirror plus I have a little mirror when I dodge too, you want me to link you the build and you tell me what you think?

@necromaniac.7629 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:It is a battle of evades/ports and cleanses, with plenty of juking and kiting, and it is also a very fun and exhilarating fight. I like fighting against mesmers in general because it's easier to understand exactly what is happening in a fight, and pure condi mesmer gives you more chance to counter than power.

what is HI and CI, but the thing is my friend, I use mirror too, I alternate it mirror and false oasis but when i'm using mirror I trait it so I can get a 4sec mirror plus I have a little mirror when I dodge too, you want me to link you the build and you tell me what you think?

Are you NA?

@Solori.6025 said:

Are you NA?

is that a server? idk, I don't really understand the server thing so I don't mind that

I will fight them as power mes (without mantras)Even if it's a somewhat inferior spec since condi has more reliable output, all I need is a few good dodges and reads to win.

I don't avoid anyone, I learn to fight them better even if it means I have to die a bunch of times to get there.

@Solori.6025 said:

@Solori.6025 said:North America...do you play in North american servers?

oh oh yes I definatley think its Na servers that I play in

Woot. I wanna test a hybrid mes and condi thief vs full trailblazer. When are you free or on generally?

oooo I would love to try that with you but I would have download it again cause I deleted it because school is getting back into session for me, maybe tomorrow?

Archived