connectivity issues.

alright, i was having this problem about a month, pre-PoF, then it seemed to disappear and i was playing video games again. what a novel concept, right?

however, the same issues i was having before are starting to return. i'll be playing just fine, then, for no reason, my game will just flat out not respond to any of my commands, no matter what i do. i can see everything else going on around me perfectly fine. i can talk to friends on discord; it just seems like my inputs aren't getting registered at all. i have absolutely no idea why this happens.

after about a minute or two, my game suddenly "catches up" or completely kicks me back to the character select screen. there's no pattern to what makes it happen. i can be fighting, idling in town, crafting... it happens just out of the blue. in fact, as i'm writing this post, it's happening right now. i've tried restarting my router, resetting it, getting my cable company to reset it, etc. it always comes back.

the code that pops up is code=7:11:3:191:101. i have comcast in Antelope, California if that helps. there was something on reddit that that to do with disabling high DPI scaling, but, that shouldn't effect connectivity. i have my anti-virus (Avast!) in gaming mode, i have GW2 allowed through firewalls, etc.

Have had this issue since the first POF preview weekend. Leap of Faith and other blink/port skills move my character backwards after the game catches up and when I log back in after I'm kicked, my character is always ported to the entrance Waypoint of the map, and completing the POF story has been hell, very frustrating last few weeks with this game, might be time to let go.

Edit: I just had to log off/log in 4 times before I could gather a single Blooming Passiflora.

ive been getting kicked constantly due to network errors. documenting which maps its happening on. i cant idle in Elon river as itll kick me with either " .network error " or blah blah firewall error... no other game does it.

edit: idling in Crystal oasis - its lagging too. getting skill lag, no one around... will try spvp

@"Lithril Ashwalker.6230" said:ive been getting kicked constantly due to network errors. documenting which maps its happening on. i cant idle in Elon river as itll kick me with either " .network error " or blah blah firewall error... no other game does it.

edit: idling in Crystal oasis - its lagging too. getting skill lag, no one around... will try spvp

Yeah I can guarantee that if I use the jackal's sand portal skill I will get network error Every time. I tested it and sure enough I could go through one portal and was lucky if I could go through a second one without getting network or connection error.

Archived