Remove Distracting Daggers "Effect"

Reece.7341

Something that has always bothered me...

The floating daggers around your arm when you equip this skill.

I 'kind-of' understand this when it was original introduced as a casted spell, then a window of reduced cooldown time after cast. before the ammunition mechanic was introduced, this could be used as a notification to enemy players that they need to look out for quick interupts... but that is long gone now and it just looks completely silly and out of place.

I know this skill doesn't see much use, but any time I try to use it, I literally can't stand the stupid floating dagger animation that clips your armor near 100% of the time.

Anyone else for removing this?

@kharmin.7683 said:It almost seems that everything on the forums is viewed through a glass of competition. I like the animation, but I don't do PvP or WvW so it doesn't occur to me that my enemies know what I'm running.

Honestly it doesn't matter anymore given the high density of effects with so many skills and armor sets, to the point where non-movement attack tells go completely unnoticed now.

@Reece.7341 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:I very much like this animation.However as I don't care much for it, then it can just as well be removed if it helps someone.

Not only is it abysmally ugly it tells your enemy what utilities you're running.

Deadeye should really tell you this the most but Teefs are required to have 100 different telegraphs for each of their skills now to keep people from claiming we're OP.

Archived