2 New WvW Mechanic Suggestion (Outpost Blueprint & Contracts)

Avion Blade.4869

Note: Score refers to total WvW score (which team is leading or lagging behind), WvW Experience points refers to personal leveling in rank).

Hello and welcome everyone to this post!

I am going straight to the point!

Suggestion Part 1: Constructible Outposts

Requirements for Building: 120 Supply, Outpost Blueprint (purchased from NPC's), must be built on player-team controlled territory; also, no other outpost belonging to the same team is built in the same territory which belongs to the same team. Only GUILDS which claim the SAME territory can purchase blueprints and/or construct towers.

Effects: Grant's a 10,00 radius of information regarding invader movement and presence. (cannot detect stealth)Condition for effect: One player must remain standing within a circular zone the size of a Chronomancer's well placement. This zone is placed at the top of the tower. If no team players are present, the tower's effects are negated at the instance of no player presence. This zone is capture-able, thus capturing and converting the outpost.

Design of tower: A tall wooden structure (about 1.5x the height of SMC's outer walls)with scaffolding for visual structural support, and a flight of stairs circling up to the top with a flat wooden square top. The stairs start from the ground, and end at an opening accessing the flat top. One flag pole is placed to raise the color of the team's flag (red, green, or blue). The tower will have 100,000 Hit points. It will be vulnerable to burning conditions. If any burning condition is applied, the duration of that condition is extended by 100%, and the damage of the condition is increased by 100%.

Mechanic's of tower: The tower can be captured by any opposing team. The capture rate of the tower is similar to that of a sentry zone. Enemy player's must flee or be eliminated in order to provide capture eligibility. If the tower is captured, the hp is automatically reset to 100%. The tower can be captured while it is taking damage (directly or indirectly). If an enemy outpost/tower is controlled in a zone which is not controlled by that same team, the settlement in that zone will be contested so long as that tower is in the zone up until destruction, or recapture. However, the contesting tower will be visible to the team which owns the zone, and will show a wooden outpost icon with an exclamation mark. An in-game event called "Watched Over" will appear to players who are being revealed as invaders if they are within 10,000 distance of the outpost. A message prompt on the top right will say "Destroy the Outpost or capture it for your world!" Players manning the tower will have an in-game event called "watching over" which will inform them that they are passively activating a radar system for team benefits. They will receive a prompt saying "This outpost is providing your world with vital information of invaders!"

Towers do NOT contribute points per tick, they do, however, contribute 10 points upon capture, or recapture, and also 20 points for destruction These are scores, not WvW points. Again, there is NO passive score bonuses.

The outpost will not be able to produce supply, it's sole purpose is to be a player made structure for the purpose of long-term surveillance.

Players at the top of the tower can jump off and glide if choosing to flee.

Due to these mechanics and designs, Outposts can potentially force a change in strategy, tactics, and combat hotspots on the battlefield.

Suggestion Part 2: Contracts

Guilds can issue contracts which are laid "at-will" for contract interests, but set in stone for issuers. These are player made objectives. Any member of a guild (whether or not they claim any territory is disregarded), can issue contracts provided they are at the appropriate WvW level. For example, a minimum level of Major (level 70), must be attained before that player can issue a contract for players of the same team, to participate in, and complete.

Contract Mechanics:

• You, as a player, must be on the respective map in order to conduct issues of contracts. For example, you cannot issue the capture or defense of Quinten Lake, if you are on a bloodlust map.
  • Players with the appropriate level can issue contracts which contains objectives to capture or defend. Only one objective can be captured, or detailed, per contract. I.E. Capture "Golanta Clearing." Only one contract can be issued at a time and also posted from each player. More than one player can participate in the contract. If players successfully capture the objective, the game will bypass the Queue timer of the variety of non-associated guild participants, and will grant the ownership of the captured objective to the guild that the contract issuer (creator) is a part of. If a squad contains a mix of guilds accept a contract for Guild A to capture Golanta clearing, then upon capture, Guild A will own Golanta clearing.
  • Only "capture or defend" [select objective] options can be given for simplicity's sake.
  • Participants must be a member of a squad (can be solo squad), in order to capture objectives successfully for the giving of the outpost to the contractor.

Compensation: Completing contracts will give double the WvW Points and other rewards (this excludes chest rewards to avoid inventory spam).

Eligibility requirements for contract issuance:

• Must be a Major (WvW Level 70) to issue the capture or defense of Camps
  • Must be a Colonel (WvW Level 80) to issue the capture or defense of camps, and castles.
  • Must be a General (WvW Level 90) to issue the capture of camps, castles, and keeps.
  • Must be a Legend (WvW Level 120) to issue the capture, of camps, castles, and keeps, and StoneMist Castle.

Contracts come with a downside, however. It will act as a money sink. Because contracts bypass the queue time for immediate guild ownership for the contractors, there needs to be some balance and incentive to prevent game mechanic abuse.

For supply camp contracts, the cost will be 5 Gold.For castle contracts, the cost will be 10 Gold.For Keep Contracts, the cost will be 25 Gold.For SMC Contracts, the cost will be 50 Gold.

Contract Issuance or acceptance will be managed and accessible by an NPC called "Contract Broker"

Further Contract Mechanics:

-Players must be in a squad, in order to accept a contract. Player rank does not matter when accepting a contract.-Players who accept a contract when not in a squad, will automatically form a squad with themselves. Players who are in a party, will NOT be able to accept contracts.-Players who join a player under a contract, will automatically participate in that squad's objectives and also receive double WvW points and other reward benefits.-Players who are in a squad while under a contract, cannot join another squad or party-Leaving a squad will cancel the contract and it's benefits for the player that left, but the contract is still active for all participants who did not leave.-When a squad is under a contract, there will be a Hand-shake between two arms sign at the top left near the squad information section indicating that the squad is under a contract and --all players are auto-enrolled into the contract.

• Multiple squads can be made for the same contract, and if one squad (of the same contract, completes the objective, all squads receive the benefits of the completion of the objective).
  • Squads of different contractors under the same objective, are at competition.-Multiple contractors can issue the exact same contract, as they are competing for control.-Ownership of objectives is determined by numerical advantage. If two or more squads are present WITHIN the capture zone, and have voluntarily or involuntarily assisted other squads under different contracts, then the squad whose participants are of the greatest number, PRESENT WITHIN THE CAPTURE ZONE, will capture the objective for their contractor. (This competitive mechanic will either push players to join existing squads which are already under a contract of interest, or compete (in a friendly way) against that squad for another guild they favor more. If the squad is outnumbered by non/squad members within the capture zone, the game will resort to the queue timer of guild claims the old fashioned way, and will also include the guilds of players under contract, thus nullifying the bypass.-Defense contracts can only be issued by the Guild which owns the objective. Defense contracts, when issued, will allow players to participate by having them stay within the same zone of the objective. Successful completion of the contract is granted when the objective remains in the contractor's guild's control, after a specified amount of time. "Maximum of 1 hour issuance, minimum of 15 minute issuance". The objective must not be contested after the specified time of the contract is over, if the objective is contested, then the rewards are withheld until the contest is gone. Upon the removal of the contest, after the specified time of defense participation, and if the player remains in the zone, the player will receive the rewards of the contract. During defense contracts, players do not have to be in the defended zone the entire time, but MUST be in that zone to receive contract benefits upon completion, and must ensure there is no contest, when the specified time is over.-Contracts competing for the same objective will be auto-cancelled if and only if the objective becomes captured for another guild's name. A full refund is then given to the player, and the player will be given an email from the game saying: WvW contract cancelled! Objective owned by rival guild!"

Note: The money used to pay for the issuance of contracts does NOT go to players, but acts as a sink. Rewards are given fairly in that WvW experience points is duplicated (or we can say that there is a x2 multiplier. Chest rewards are NOT duplicated.

This is an incentive to promote active participation in WvW. This also allows guilds in the same team to have friendly competitions. This contract mechanic is also a great way for guilds to spread their name of being active, fun, and being progress-minded.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day! These ideas may be scrapped anyways or may be placed on the shelf for adjustments.

Game developers, and creators have the full right to change anything, and, or , every detail within this post, and may retain any ideas of interest.

• Bye!

Just to clarify something. Only people with the proper rank (and wealth I suppose) will be required to pay the contract fee with gold, people accepting contracts will NOT pay anything. The Gold is not given to anyone upon completion, but is sunk from the game. WvW points upon completion is duplicated. It can also be possible to have double WvW points granted for the defeating of enemy players in the same zone of the contracted objective to further incentives.

@Zephyra.4709 said:WvW needed a gold sink?

Well, I meant having contracts as a sort of service. You know how there are siege blueprints you can buy with gold, or badges of honor. I took that into account, it is an option for players to spend some coin for content. Since the contract (if completed) will give the objective to the guild that issues it, it would be a nice feature (in my opinion). By sink, I'm not saying there is too much gold, I am saying that it will be similar to a player buying an item/service from an NPC.

I'm good. I'll pass on these. Nice effort and thinking outside the box, but Towers can already do what you want outposts to do without having someone inside them and the whole contract thing doesn't really have an incentive to it. With boosters and guild you can zip through reward tracks and xp in no time as it is. All I can see enemies doing is destroying the outposts as soon as possible therefore causing a supply waste that could have been used for something more useful.

I dont really like much of that score system, that would proabably help more the ktrain and the servers that are ktraining empty servers.

I dont like much of the ktrain able WvW maps (while most of you guys love it), for the towers be something else IMO the maps needed to be salvaged to something else....Altough i see the current maps with to much stuff to be captured, so reducing the numbers of strucutres could be a good thing, proabably change EB map towers to extensions of the keeps themselves with a similiar system liek OP said, it could be a good change, players that dont want to fight and only ktrain would have to go to EOTM where fights rarelly happen..IMo it would be a good thing.

I liked the contract system, funny i have sugested a contract (Quest) system where guilds could give to players, this would make players more organized towards objectives, has well give more sense and reward for havock groups or individual players.

Those gold costs are absolutely ridiculous for such a system. 5g for a lousy camp? Making 5g in an evening of WvW is a bloody miracle and that includes the 2g daily.

Also, the "contract" system is basicly what guild missions is and we already have them for free.

Regarding the contruction of stuff, I also dont think its a good idea mainly due to the small size of the maps. People building stuff randomly would simply clog the open fields. There is no control over what players build. I would much rather prefer a more extensive objective upgrade system that extends throughout its entire zone of control, but is at fixed locations that map designers have control over. Such as for example the SW camp on alpine being able to build a door on the entrance (a player can knock it down, but it reacts as if the camp is under attack), maybe some guard towers, a defensive cannon position, small stuff like that which you simply build for supplies if you own the camp and can get destroyed. Similar to how the cannons/mortars/etc work on objectives today, expect its more varied structures.

I like the ideas, but the towers would just never be manned and get destroyed, realistically it'll probably be 1 poor sap constructing the thing and then leaving it and then its useless, its already hard enough to get people to scout normal objectives (I don't blame anyone, its boring af and no reward unless a friendly guild is paying you for a good callout). If it were unmanned that would actually be decent but still 120 supply is a lot, I'd say make it 60 but limit it to 1 or 2 per zone.

The contracts are just silly IMO, why would anyone pay any amount of gold to do what already is being done. There's no further incentive to go and try to capture an objective under the contract and no one is gunna mark a T3 Red keep and then go try to get it because that would take a blob of people, and then there was no point in doing it anyway if its just gunna be the same blobs we have now doing it. Now if there was zero cost to submit a contract or at the very most make it 5/10/25/50 badges of honor and the reward was in 5/10/25/50 gold then that would be better. If anything WvW players still need more gold. I've been playing WvW for the past month and my gold has went down. I did PvP league rewards in 3 days and I got the easy 65 gold in just the 3 days, more than I've gotten in WvW in a long time. 50g contract for people in a squad would be fair IMO considering how hard it is to cap SMC without a map blob. Plus the fact that this would be a good gold making thing it would bring a lot more people to WvW. Or make the reward in tickets because this weekly cap is killing me right now.

Archived