Elonian Jerkin makes a Squeaking Sound?

I would like to believe this is a glitch.

Playing as an Asura, female, Thief with an Elonian top on; I make noticeable squeaking sounds randomly while moving. I take the top off or transmute it to something else, the squeaking stops. I stop moving with the top on, the squeaking stops. My only guess for it being intentional is that it's meant to be the little dangling medallion squeaking when you move, but it doesn't sound at all like a medallion clinking around it just sounds like an awful audio flaw; and in general it is incredibly painful and obnoxious to listen to. It doesn't even sound like an audio asset, it's just random broken squeaking sounds.

I just transmuted it to something else and accepted the amount of interesting clothing for Asura just keeps shrinking. All the medium bottoms, are slightly different types of pants. Now one of the few interesting medium tops I can't even use because it has this morbid sound effect attached to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the developers can't even hear it, the older you are the less likely your ears are to be able to pick up high pitched sounds. And I could of sworn I heard the sound for a second when somebody else ran by me, so either they were wearing that top too or more then one piece of clothing squeaks.

• 2 weeks later...

This is absurd, the crystal nomad outfit and the medium Whispers top also squeak. No other armor has any sound effects for moving with it on, yet random armor tops have this awful broken squeaking sound which plays when you move with them on. So I'm not allowed to wear these armor pieces, because I have ears.

The amount of good looking armor that I can wear, is rapidly diminishing because of this idiocy. And the most amazing part is, even if I'm not wearing any of the multiple tops and outfits that squeak; I still have to listen to the abhorrent sound because I can actually hear it if another player is moving with those clothes on.

Like, impressive levels of what were you actually thinking or were you just not thinking at all, here. I have a headache now, could somebody do their job or do I just have to play this game with the audio off.

Archived