Alleviate Strain on TP

I'm no expert on servers but it seems unlikely you disconnected from the game because there are too many rares on the TP. Especially if you were using the Sell tab and clicking on the item to bring up the selling menu, because then it would only load the current buy/sell offers for that one item. If something like that was enough to cause a disconnect then so would searching for all armour with 'beserkers' in the name, or all dyes or mini pets or any of the other common actions which bring up hundreds of items with hundreds of each listed on the TP and we'd be seeing a lot more reports of people having the same problem.

It's probably a coincidence that you disconnected at that point. Last time I disconnected it was just as a conversation was starting in a story instance, but I logged back in immediately and was able to play the whole instance without trouble. I even did it a 3rd time just to make sure and wasn't disconnected that time either. Which suggests the problem isn't what I was doing at that moment but something 'behind the scenes' which caused the problem.

Yeah, I would say it's likely a coincidence too, especially as the TP in game is basically a custom web browser that connects to the TP webserver(s): if the server times out or has other errors it doesn't affect the game client.

Of course the web browser itself could theoretically cause crashes but it seems very stable to me and I've personally never experienced any problems with it.

Archived