generic idea for new map

jihm.2315

@jihm.2315 said:make a jungle map inprired by HoT cause green color is pleasant and relaxing to the eye , make it HUGE and put a lot pve on it also and other activities so it doesnt become boring

they did. mid part of desert map. =) used to be good but got overly nerfed because of lag causing omni blast event. (loved it before)

i hope they'd.make a separate map for it.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@jihm.2315 said:make a jungle map inprired by HoT cause green color is pleasant and relaxing to the eye , make it HUGE and put a lot pve on it also and other activities so it doesnt become boring

they did. mid part of desert map. =) used to be good but got overly nerfed because of lag causing omni blast event. (loved it before)

desert is nice but maybe need to have a jungle also and a huge one

@jihm.2315 said:

i mean in the middle of desert is the jungle. =p but yes, they should split the two.

As we have mentioned before - take base alpine, then just make it jungle. Big trees, ruins. Maybe a big waterfall down by garri into the jungle swamp below. Some overhang bridges. Frogs instead of skritts and centaurs. Etc. When you already know the overall design, the rest just become visuals and minor tweak.

That is, if we want to keep going the border route.

Ideally, it would be jungle reskinned EB instead that replaces one of the alpines so that we can fully embraces 3-ways.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I never experienced this lag and I used to do that event all the time, even with groups of 10-15 on each side all competing for the event...no lag. I believe that it was there, due to the amount of complaints, but I wonder what made it not affect everyone.

@Turk.5460 said:

I never experienced this lag and I used to do that event all the time, even with groups of 10-15 on each side all competing for the event...no lag. I believe that it was there, due to the amount of complaints, but I wonder what made it not affect
everyone

looking back, it wasn't such a bad map. it's just majority of the players, at least prior to my hiatus, didn't like the idea that we had to run a long distance before getting a fight.

@jihm.2315 said:

That will be the new Alpine map :P, with a dense center forest that could have colision on the trees XD.

but baddies need the easy ktrain map >:)))))))))))))) .

@Aeolus.3615 said:

That will be the new Alpine map :P

but baddies need the easy ktrain map >:))))))))))))))

A majority of WvW blobbers don't like change. As evident by pretty much any shift in the META (or tweak to a map).

@Turk.5460 said:

That will be the new Alpine map :P

but baddies need the easy ktrain map >:))))))))))))))

A majority of WvW blobbers don't like change. As evident by pretty much any shift in the META (or tweak to a map).

Lack of players wanting a challange :), gw2 gathered alot of bad players while Anet delivered alot of easy and low effort rewarding game... :\ best scrub game ever i must say....sadly.

Still i believe a middle term can be easilly achieved, but Anet hates that.

@Dawdler.8521 said:As we have mentioned before - take base alpine, then just make it jungle. Big trees, ruins. Maybe a big waterfall down by garri into the jungle swamp below. Some overhang bridges. Frogs instead of skritts and centaurs. Etc. When you already know the overall design, the rest just become visuals and minor tweak.

> Ideally, it would be jungle reskinned EB instead that replaces one of the alpines so that we can fully embraces 3-ways.

Would love an Aztec/Mayan theme map...

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:As we have mentioned before - take base alpine, then just make it jungle. Big trees, ruins. Maybe a big waterfall down by garri into the jungle swamp below. Some overhang bridges. Frogs instead of skritts and centaurs. Etc. When you already know the overall design, the rest just become visuals and minor tweak.

> Ideally, it would be jungle reskinned EB instead that replaces one of the alpines so that we can fully embraces 3-ways.

Would love an Aztec/Mayan theme map...

It would have to be all four maps then. EBG is not designed as a borderland map.

A new map would be fantastic. I personally love the Desert Borderland how it is now. I enjoyed it when it first came out as well, but removing the obstacles and tweaking the vertical portions (adding ramps, safe jumps, GLIDING etc...) made it all the better. With the data they have surrounding the Desert Borderland release, and everything that many players voiced their opinions about - Anet should be able to create a new map that is much more accepted at release than Desert's release was.

Perhaps a Branded Borderland?Or an Orrian-style Borderland?

@"jihm.2315" said:make a jungle map inprired by HoT cause green color is pleasant and relaxing to the eye , make it HUGE and put a lot pve on it also and other activities so it doesnt become boring

I would hate to have a lot of "pve on" any WvW map. Kind of defeats the purpose. It would be like saying we should have WvW on PvE maps. If you are finding WvW boring, and want to PvE then I suggest porting out of WvW and onto...you know...a PvE map. Just a thought.

@misterman.1530 said:

@"jihm.2315" said:make a jungle map inprired by HoT cause green color is pleasant and relaxing to the eye , make it HUGE and put a lot pve on it also and other activities so it doesnt become boring

I would hate to have a lot of "pve on" any WvW map. Kind of defeats the purpose. It would be like saying we should have WvW on PvE maps. If you are finding WvW boring, and want to PvE then I suggest porting out of WvW and onto...you know...a PvE map. Just a thought.

theres no interest for me in pve maps pve mixed with pvp will create a lot more suspense i already pve in wvw cause i solo towers its actually fun fighting the bosses> @Turk.5460 said:

A new map would be fantastic. I personally love the Desert Borderland how it is now. I enjoyed it when it first came out as well, but removing the obstacles and tweaking the vertical portions (adding ramps, safe jumps, GLIDING etc...) made it all the better. With the data they have surrounding the Desert Borderland release, and everything that many players voiced their opinions about - Anet should be able to create a new map that is much more accepted at release than Desert's release was.

Perhaps a Branded Borderland?Or an Orrian-style Borderland?

desert gives a lot better pvp also an outnumbered team has more chance of winning than the original maps

Archived