DuoQ and No more PvP ladder Titles from S13

Nuvola.9460

Since Ben mentioned it in Envy’s chat: DuoQ is back next season for all rating and ladder titles are no more”

So if this is official there are 2 options:

1)If they don’t add new ladder reward -> ranked basically like unranked, since there is nothing to aim, they become something for fun, an unranked with just a friend allowed but hey easy golds+ temporary badget \o/.“If we can’t prevent wintraders to do their dirty job, let’s take away everything to wintrade for, even if that means we take away everything to compete/tryhard for.” (SoloQ/DuoQ scene)Making a stupid example: In a city there are robbers stealing money to people, how we fix it? More police contr.. nooooo let’s take away money to everyone so there is nothing left to steal xddd. Fuck Olympic games, they making controls against doping, so stupid they should just have removed medals :o

2) They add some new reward to tryhard (so also to wintrade) for. Well GG thought one reason to remove DuoQ was cuz of wintrade, and removing titles bringing back DuoQ let me think like you gonna do it to solve wintrade problems, or maybe you really decided to not allow wintraders anymore, making optimal controls, and starting a new era with new rewards that will just been earned legittimally, I’m bit sceptic about it, but well if you do that, bella

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that mean no new LB titles are awarded while the old ones stay or do the existing ones actually get deleted?

Either way there should be some incentive besides grinding pips, it will just turn into an unranked like clownfiesta where nobody cares about anything otherwise.

@Falan.1839 said:Does that mean no new LB titles are awarded while the old ones stay or do the existing ones actually get deleted?

Either way there should be some incentive besides grinding pips, it will just turn into an unranked like clownfiesta where nobody cares about anything

I hope they let the titles stay for those who earned them, would be totally retarded to take them away

Exactly, it would be like unranked with less friends to play with but more golds. Sounds funny since its named “Ranked”. Like why the fuck should I play it, only reason would be gold earning in the most funny way, but that shouldn’t be the Ranked objective, rank should be competition, tryhard to climb. Maybe they think like that more casuals will join and we get a better matchmaking. But tbh, if thats the price for a better matchmaking, I rather wait 5-10 minute for each game

I get that the titles matter for some, but I think a lot of players got the titles they wanted 5 seasons ago. For even more players, top 250 was way out of sight. Players who enjoy competing will still be able to compete, and perhaps less gated by wintrade and BS. AT rewards are as far as i'm aware staying; and we all know AT's are more relevant than ranked ladder anyways.

I do hope the ladder stays. There is no value in not having a ladder. Without a ladder, there is no competition left. I kinda hope we also get GOLD REWARDS for being on the ladder. Titles are nice and players are clearly willing to give gold for them; but why not just give gold directly.

Is there ANY reason to have off-seasons other than making us not play PvP to try and make us try out other, potentially more fun games? Like really; what is the value in not having "ranked" for a few weeks between seasons; if I can't even tell the difference between seasons. I'm sorry I stopped counting after S5.

@"Etheri.5406" said:I get that the titles matter for some, but I think a lot of players got the titles they wanted 5 seasons ago. For even more players, top 250 was way out of sight. Players who enjoy competing will still be able to compete, and perhaps less gated by wintrade and BS. AT rewards are as far as i'm aware staying; and we all know AT's are more relevant than ranked ladder anyways.

I do hope the ladder stays. There is no value in not having a ladder. Without a ladder, there is no competition left. I kinda hope we also get GOLD REWARDS for being on the ladder. Titles are nice and players are clearly willing to give gold for them; but why not just give gold directly.

Is there ANY reason to have off-seasons other than making us not play PvP to try and make us try out other, potentially more fun games? Like really; what is the value in not having "ranked" for a few weeks between seasons; if I can't even tell the difference between seasons. I'm sorry I stopped counting after S5.

I agree about titles, once people get them they stop tryharding, but if they don’t want to add new titles then I would pref to keep old ones than nothing, at least it’s something to aim, even if you get some you can still aim to a better one (unless you reach rank 1)

@Nuvola.9460 said:

@"Etheri.5406" said:I get that the titles matter for some, but I think a lot of players got the titles they wanted 5 seasons ago. For even more players, top 250 was way out of sight. Players who enjoy competing will still be able to compete, and perhaps less gated by wintrade and BS. AT rewards are as far as i'm aware staying; and we all know AT's are more relevant than ranked ladder anyways.

I agree about titles, once people get them they stop tryharding, but if they don’t want to add new titles then I would pref to keep old ones than nothing, at least it’s something to aim, even if you get some you can still aim to a better one (unless you reach rank 1)

I agree, I'd eventually like to get higher titles than the ones I have now. It's just that I really can't be bothered tryharding for them. I do enjoy the atmosphere towards the end of the season more; people are noticably more tryhard during the last week and last days.

If this is true I am happy of the fact we can duo Q plat 2 now but removing the titles is bothersome. I probably would have not reached top 25 anyways but it gave me something to strieve for and a reason to try to get better. Also people need an incentive to play or the pros who haven't already left will see no reason other than to stick to ATs and inhouses making the matchmaking even worst than it already is.

Something I see they could add is Season based achievements. Like participate in 100 games this season. Alot of pvers would get into that. might not fix the skill issue but at least more people would be playing the seasons. If we're talking about rewards that people wouldn't be able to wintrade for, I really don't see anything else. Like wintraders should just keep on getting punished. Why do we have to suffer of these changes because of 10 people.

@"popaz.1524" said:Something I see they could add is Season based achievements. Like participate in 100 games this season. Alot of pvers would get into that. might not fix the skill issue but at least more people would be playing the seasons.

Luring in PvE'rs doesn't improve the gamemode; doesnt fix unbalanced matchups, snowball, matchmaking issues or fix anything PvP related. It artificially inflates your population; which can help with many issues; but these players aren't playing to "win" as much as they're playing for secondary objectives such as rewards. And this just creates as much problems as it solves.

Stop trying to make competitive modes something they're not. They're not and they never will be amazing for carebears. Make it a good product and improve on what is pvp instead.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"popaz.1524" said:Something I see they could add is Season based achievements. Like participate in 100 games this season. Alot of pvers would get into that. might not fix the skill issue but at least more people would be playing the seasons.

Luring in PvE'rs doesn't improve the gamemode; doesnt fix unbalanced matchups, snowball, matchmaking issues or fix anything PvP related. It artificially inflates your population; which can help with many issues; but these players aren't playing to "win" as much as they're playing for secondary objectives such as rewards. And this just creates as much problems as it solves.

Stop trying to make competitive modes something they're not. They're not and they never will be amazing for carebears. Make it a good product and improve on what is pvp instead.

Maybe that was a bad example but then make it something like Win 100 games. I'm sure they can find ones that do not interfer with the quality of the matches. It would only create problems if they put something like class achievements where people would have to play things they are not used to play. Population is a real issue in this game and anything that could improve the pool of players matchmaking pulls out from then I'm down.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Hope it's true. A badge saying what range you fall into is good enough. Rating an individual on a leader board in a game like GW2 was just asking for trouble.

Also hope the best players can duo q again, should make for some interesting streams

Surely players who are upset about their numerical value of rating can just come up with excuses as to why "rating" is purely based on luck / your teams / matchmaking / wintrading / other stuff they tell themselves to maintain the delusion of being better than they are.

A quick look in the PvP forums tell me players are very capable of denying the existence and relevance of their own rating.

I do agree duo is one thing, but 5 man teams is something we shouldn't support at all ratings. We have AT's for that and full 5 man premades with high level players would completely screw the leaderboards.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

Best news I have received in the last 3 years

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

Why should I even play ranked now? I mean if there is no rewards for leaderboard than better play unranked at least I play with more friends and not just with a single one?

• ArenaNet Staff

@Nuvola.9460 said:

Why should I even play ranked now? I mean if there is no rewards for leaderboard than better play unranked at least I play with more friends and not just with a single one?

Ranked will still have league rewards. There are no current plans to add pips to unranked. We will be occasionally adding new rewards to the league vendors.

I dont like the idea of removing the titles, just punish people who cheat to get them (and not just make an example every few seasons out of a few people)

It is also great that you do this change out of nowhere, I bet a lot of people would have tried harder for them if they knew this earlier

@Malediktus.9250 said:

I dont like the idea of removing the titles, just punish people who cheat to get them (and not just make an example every few seasons out of a few people)

It is also great that you do this change out of nowhere, I bet a lot of people would have tried harder for them if they knew this earlier

Either I can't read or you can't read. He says they won't remove...

I agree i'd have liked to know sooner; could've tryharded more before the titles became "rare". Currently most players considered them fairly worthless; so there's no real drive to tryhard for them.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Ranked will still have league rewards. There are no current plans to add pips to unranked. We will be occasionally adding new rewards to the league vendors.

Will there be ANY rewards for being high rated other than extra pips at plat / legendary?

Archived