thief stealth abuse

jihm.2315

seriously how many times a thief can reset the fight and stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth and restealth x1000im i the only one that find this annoying?its completely broken and not fun for players that cant stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't take stealth away, that's their signature ability. There's also steal, stolen skills, initiative, being immune to chill cooldowns, being immune to interrupt cooldowns, unique weapon combo skills and a unique dodge animation, but stealth is definitely the one that defines thief.

Play thief and you will know why they need stealth... Other classes have other means to survive, the fact that thief can stealth and reset the fight is a factual part of the class that you will have to accept as is. If you cannot understand why it has to be so, try to play thief and you will understand. Thief is not warrior, nor ranger, they are not meant to 1v1 you head on until bitter end.

Besides, outside of deadeye spec, thief stealth comes at a higher price. You either waste quite a bit of initiative or you waste a utility, which is no different than what other classes do to get their 5 seconds of invuln or whatever else they use to survive. As a thief I would often rather have 5s of invuln than 3s of stealth btw, because then I wouldn't have to reset the fight and could brawl on, potentially killing my target.

Having to stealth and reset the fight often doesn't work in thief's favor either you know...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@jihm.2315 said:seriously how many times a thief can reset the fight and stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth and restealth x1000im i the only one that find this annoying?its completely broken and not fun for players that cant stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth

What are you roaming on?

weaver but im gonna reroll to thief

@jihm.2315 said:

@jihm.2315 said:seriously how many times a thief can reset the fight and stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth and restealth x1000im i the only one that find this annoying?its completely broken and not fun for players that cant stealth and restealth and restealth and restealth

What are you roaming on?

weaver but im gonna reroll to thief

Play it as well, with sword dagger.

Any thief is hard for us solo. Well, except for the bad ones. Good thing is I can out run them. I usually two man because of it. Mesmers I can hold my own for a while, but weavers are at a disadvantage... except vs condi thief.

sadly, anet dont care About that. i think everyone that is not thief find that annoying. some classes AFTER 6 YEARS still havent ANY REVEAL SKILL. while thiefs already have massive reveal counter. its stupid, but anet as its best.

@Clownmug.8357 said:You can't take stealth away, that's their signature ability. There's also steal, stolen skills, initiative, being immune to chill cooldowns, being immune to interrupt cooldowns, unique weapon combo skills and a unique dodge animation, but stealth is definitely the one that defines thief.

good points.

Just remove thief. It is utterly broken. Let it be happy in PVE.

@Clownmug.8357 said:You can't take stealth away, that's their signature ability. There's also steal, stolen skills, initiative, being immune to chill cooldowns, being immune to interrupt cooldowns, unique weapon combo skills and a unique dodge animation, but stealth is definitely the one that defines thief.

It isn’t a signature skill when Mirage or even Ranger can do it. More Mirage who even has better teleports.

There’s no excuse for thieves being able to cheese other players like that. It’s just noob friendly, if you see it’s not going your way get out in 2 sec and be at the other spot of the map. Oh look his friend left and I’m back already.

It’s like almost all the thieves I see have a huge skill. Same as Mirages, funny isn’t it? Or more like your class is carrying you.

You can’t mix all good things or you’re left with abominations like Mirage/Mesmer or Spellbreaker. You want to have stealth ? Ok but reduce either the absurd damage or decrease access to teleports to be almost untouchable.

Same problem on Mirage, Anet just doesn’t care. If you let things like that keep up for years or months in case of Mirage it proves how much you care about the pvp/wvw scene. No wonder a lot of people gave up PvP in general to play better balanced games.

Just to remind some of you, the assassin in GW1 did not have stealth but were fair and deadly. Wasn’t as lame as thief now.

@Scar.1793 said:You can’t mix all good things or you’re left with abominations like Mirage/Mesmer or Spellbreaker. You want to have stealth ? Ok but reduce either the absurd damage or decrease access to teleports to be almost untouchable.but that is already the case. everything i use in my build occupies a slot. in many threads complaining about any profession often people point out all the good options you can have on that class. but you cannot maximize all those options in one single build.sure you can invest into several different aspects of your class and you certainly should invest into multiple for optimisation, but you still have to make compromises in many points.for example my deadeye focuses heavily on the 2 aspects: stealth and pure damage, but has just minor investment into all the other aspects thief could heavily instest into: offensive utility, evades , mobility.could i build for more evades , mobility etc? sure but not with that amount of stealth + damage. everything you choose occupies a slot and you do not have the option to put in extras. if you see a thief with alot of stealth, he will be weaker in another aspect than a thief with less stealth.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

good points.

Just remove thief. It is utterly broken. Let it be happy in PVE.

It's not game breaking like stacked zerg of fb and scourge

Stealth makes someone Invisible, not Invincible.It's a pretty big difference.

Also, many Thief players would love to have an option to actually play as a Duelist/Bruiser type of build that doesn't actually rely on Stealth (look at the many S/D players and the occasional Staff builds). Sadly, these options are far from viable against anyone of somewhat equal skill on a different profession...

So instead we got to rely on rather gimmicky (one-shot) builds. That's what the years of ranting and resulting nerfs about our non-stealth sustain have led us to. You ranters called this all over yourselves, hah!

I remember a french thief who followed me up the stairs to air and attempted to gank me, reset the fight numerous times til I baited him with fear mark. In my mind, thieves are the most cowardly spec in this game. Keep it up with hit, run and hide tactics, they deserve to die in the most brutal and funniest way possible.

@Scar.1793 said:

It isn’t a signature skill when Mirage or even Ranger can do it. More Mirage who even has better teleports.

There’s no excuse for thieves being able to cheese other players like that. It’s just noob friendly, if you see it’s not going your way get out in 2 sec and be at the other spot of the map. Oh look his friend left and I’m back already.

It’s like almost all the thieves I see have a huge skill. Same as Mirages, funny isn’t it? Or more like your class is carrying you.

You can’t mix all good things or you’re left with abominations like Mirage/Mesmer or Spellbreaker. You want to have stealth ? Ok but reduce either the absurd damage or decrease access to teleports to be almost untouchable.

Same problem on Mirage, Anet just doesn’t care. If you let things like that keep up for years or months in case of Mirage it proves how much you care about the pvp/wvw scene. No wonder a lot of people gave up PvP in general to play better balanced games.

Just to remind some of you, the assassin in GW1 did not have stealth but were fair and deadly. Wasn’t as lame as thief now.

never said mirage is ok but thats another subject

It's actually funny to see that thieves use the same two excuses in every single stealth thread:

• thief needs stealth to survive.
  • you can still hit a thief through stealth, just spam your skills to where thief may be.

At least holos are creative in the way they defend their brokeness, thieves are just a scratched disc.

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:It's actually funny to see that thieves use the same two excuses in every single stealth thread:

• you can still hit a thief through stealth, just spam your skills to where thief may be.

At least holos are creative in the way they defend their brokeness, thieves are just a scratched disc.

Holo has 2x invul, mobility that "can" out run a thief/mesmer has pretty good protection up time as well as stability - not to mention that they can also aid allies. Not sure they even need stealth lol.

@"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:It's actually funny to see that thieves use the same two excuses in every single stealth thread:

It's the same "excuses" because they're not just excuses, they're simply true, lol.Due to sPvP based changes that affected PvE and WvW as well, Thief went from being a rather able duelist that didn't need to rely on stealth (pre-HoT S/D for example). To being forced into a +1 decap role. Everything that actually allowed thief to be an up-front fighter, has been nerfed in such a way that it's simply not viable to even try and have a "fair" one-on-one fight. Everybody else is just leagues ahead with both active and passive sustain.So yeah... Good job to all the ranters, thanks to all of that, the Thief is now limited to the rather gimmicky (one-shot) builds. One could say that Thieves embraced all the rant-based nerfs and excel despite them, how's that for creativity..?Fair's fair though. If you still get beaten by a Thief in a one-on-one, you got outplayed, accept the loss, learn from it, get better.

Or if it's so OP, go on an play Thief yourselves... See how "OP" stealth is when you're trying to facetank or whatever it is you lot expect Thief players to do.

@"jihm.2315" said:better log off than fight even a weak thief i had one on me for 5 minuets because of the stealth repeat thing the only chance you have to get them is attacking the air but even for that they have teleports and other protections

"Other protections"

LOL no. The reason that Thieves choose to abuse stealth is because we are the profession with the least amount of protections...

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:You would think that after 6 years of being so OP/Broken that everyone would be using Thief, because from all accounts it just free wins on everyone.... /s

Not everyone has the "must win at everything" mindset so that's probably why. Also there's magic thief (a.k.a mirage) which has stolen the title of most op/broken for the past few months.

Archived