Let's tone down the outfits

Don't get me wrong, many of the outfits are downright amazing! Like the wedding attire for example. It changes its look for a different race and gender. By far the best, yet we have so little of that type-As a racially changing outfit.

And can we please for the Love of Lyssa have an oversized Witch/ Wizard hat that gives us Hair!

Many of the outfits we do have though are either not quite there as far as aesthetic or they're really strange and fit no theme and there even some in between. Some outfits we have are even from GW1 but strangely looked better in GW1. (Gwen's outfit and Elona outfit.)Some outfits look like you're ready to go to a Blizzard Cosplay contest (Put together cheaply or overtime but still gimmicky)The point is too, you don't have to show so much skin to look good really Or have a bunch of useless tassels or cheap looking flames that look more like steam that were added because why?

The Timekepper outfit looks awesome! But my problem is, we have so many far out outfits and the simple ones we do have we wish we could change somehow.Here are some examples of outfits whether practical and fit for a Heavy Class or extravagant but not overdone.Example 1Example 2Example 3Look Ma! No silly underboobExample 4Example 5Example 6Example 7

I don't see where these can only be for heavy classes, but for any- and yes I agree the practicality of outfits given are low- I think the only decently normal one is the Anise and Rox one. The majority of the outfits are highly impractical unless they're deity based but that's what happens when anet doesn't hold an outfit design contest at least 1 time a year.

@Malhanjia.1452 said:I'm still hoping for the option to turn off shoulders on some outfits. Like the base of an outfit is really nice but I really don't like the oversized shoulder bits especially on a male character.

Yeah, many of the outfits have either a silly looking headpiece (Why, Anet??) or oversized shoulders (Again; why Anet???)

@"nekretaal.6485" said:It would be nice to see account bound versions of the town clothes tonics "for sale" in the gemstore, preferably in the exchange table for black lion statues.

That would be nice, or even GW1 armors that aren't altered by GW2 designers. *hint hint Anet

@DietPepsi.4371 said:It's been said before, but yes, this X 1000. Too many over the top options, not enough modest, tasteful options in this game. That's true for weapons and armour skins too, not just outfits.

(Also 100% agree that the wedding outfit, and all it's variations are stellar. <3 )

In forums I never see people requesting more over-the top outfits or obnoxious animations, I've seen several posts about more relatable outfits that fit the core of Guild Wars. Like corsets, poofy sleeves, feathers, leather belts, sword holsters, better looking robes etc. Yet, we keep getting silly outfit more often than we really should.Whoever is designing the outfits I think is a little out of touch with the playerbase.

They're selling really damn well if they keep making them. We just have to accept at this point that outfits are easy and efficient to make, so they will keep being released. If you think they look good or not doesn't matter, it's highly subjective anyway. I own like 22 outfits, I enjoy all of them & they definitely fit a theme. Or I can simply dye them to make them fit.

@Chasind.3128 said:

@DietPepsi.4371 said:It's been said before, but yes, this X 1000. Too many over the top options, not enough modest, tasteful options in this game. That's true for weapons and armour skins too, not just outfits.

(Also 100% agree that the wedding outfit, and all it's variations are stellar. <3 )

In forums I never see people requesting more over-the top outfits or obnoxious animations, I've seen several posts about more relatable outfits that fit the core of Guild Wars. Like corsets, poofy sleeves, feathers, leather belts, sword holsters, better looking robes etc. Yet, we keep getting silly outfit more often than we really should.Whoever is designing the outfits I think is a little out of touch with the playerbase.

You would think wouldn’t you that ANet can see what sells. If they see that “over the top” outfits sells better than a plain outfits then that tells them what the players really want, despite what people might say on the forum. After all, it’s the people who don’t like the outfits who are more likely to post their opinions, not the players that buy and are satisfied.

@Chasind.3128 said:

Thats a little narrow minded don't you think? Simple fact about game Forums: People complain loudly about things they don't like, but people rarely make a big deal about things that are ok. So it stands to reason that people who like these things are satisfied, and too busy playing to come on the forums to complain about how happy they are.

I've always been a fan of smaller silhouettes and more intricate detail (ie, the opposite of WoW and a lot of what GW2 has put out over the past few years). I'm far more likely to appreciate good texturing and dye channels over ginormous pauldrons with baby faces and headpieces that can hold an entire board game...

Those examples, oh I wish they were in game! I've never been a fan of outfits with a ton of effects and stuff like that (my favs for example are the clothing tonic outfits, the hoodies, jungles explorer - you get the idea) so personally I would very much welcome some outfits that are toned down that were simple and cute.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

You would think wouldn’t you that ANet can see what sells. If they see that “over the top” outfits sells better than a plain outfits then that tells them what the players really want, despite what people might say on the forum. After all, it’s the people who don’t like the outfits who are more likely to post their opinions, not the players that buy and are satisfied.

I'm aware of this, but I'm not saying stop making obnoxious looking outfits, just make more practical ones just as often

@Rauderi.8706 said:I've always been a fan of smaller silhouettes and more intricate detail (ie, the opposite of WoW and a lot of what GW2 has put out over the past few years). I'm far more likely to appreciate good texturing and dye channels over ginormous pauldrons with baby faces and headpieces that can hold an entire board game...

I agree, Often times the outfits are quite there for me and many of my friends/ guildies so of course we don't buy them. The last outfit I know I've bought was the Beta Mesmer outfit when it finally released. It was slimming, practical (in it's own way, like a nobel) That and the wedding attire, also practical but it was Race based.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:i said this before, i said again... vote with your wallets

WE WANT ARMOR SETS, NOT OUTFITS !!!

RIP Fashion Wars 2005-2018

This, I love my leg/head/shoulder/hand armors but can’t find a decent chest armor for my Charr. Saw the Fallen Balthazar outfit and it looks good but come on so many outfits and you can’t mix or be creative with them. Armor skins are not only better but seriously except newbies who don’t have good looking skins and people with really bad taste who uses outfit H24? I got the halloween succubus outfit, noble-like outfit, Balthazar outfit, and a few others I cannot recall right now. I never use them more than 10 mins. Some of them have really low res textures.

@Fraghound.5730 said:Those examples, oh I wish they were in game! I've never been a fan of outfits with a ton of effects and stuff like that (my favs for example are the clothing tonic outfits, the hoodies, jungles explorer - you get the idea) so personally I would very much welcome some outfits that are toned down that were simple and cute.

Not just those examples, but all of the outfits on the Pinterest pages were really nice :) I'd love to see some sensible outfits for sale-- and pants for light armor classes.

Archived