woohoo new weapons!

hugo.4705

Thanks for implementing the winners of the design-a-weapon contest! collections are easy to do and I love these weapons! (apart the torch..) again thanks from my heart, zephyr decorations and now fanmade weapons... thanks again! These things warm my heart! Impatient to see future improvments, ls episodes and why not contest? Design-a-map contest? :)

PS: for players you haven't noticed, go in lion arch, open the mail, craft the item and start collecting for the three new weapons: Eclipse the great sword (cheap gs legendary) , Scion's claw the sword (warhammer 40k power sword) and favor of the colossus the torch. respectively, ebonhawke , dry top and dredgehaunt cliffs.

2nd Edit: Sorry, tried to add a picture with Imgur but he don't want, so here is the link to the picture of weapons:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-winners-of-the-2017-design-a-weapon-contest/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hugo.4705 said:Thanks for implementing the winners of the design-a-weapon contest! collections are easy to do and I love these weapons! (apart the torch..) again thanks from my heart, zephyr decorations and now fanmade weapons... thanks again! These things warm my heart! Impatient to see future improvments, ls episodes and why not contest? Design-a-map contest? :)

PS: for players you haven't noticed, go in lion arch, open the mail, craft the item and start collecting for the three new weapons: Eclipse the great sword, Scion's claw the sword and avor f the colossus the torch. respectively, ebonhawke , dry top and dredgehaunt cliffs.

It kind of bothers me that models badly need in Gw2 only came in at 5th place and 8th place. I get it that only Daredevil Thief and Revenant use the staff as a melee weapon, but there are pretty much only 3 (arguably 4) Staff skins in the game that aren't obviously caster staves, 2 of which are part of the Daredevil collection. A little variety would be appreciated....

Yup agree, 3 is not that much they could have modeled 5 weapons at a minimum. :/ But I'm sure we will see some others weapons from the contest in the future. Also, does anyone knows where to see all the contestants submissions? Would like to see everyone work!

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't like the Greatsword one bit. I know they were going for a more realistic hilt to blade ratio, but that thing is tiny [...]

Tiny?? LOL! It goes well with the long line of ugly as **** gigantic greatswords in GW2. There is only a handful of greatswords in this game that look nice, and this monstrosity certainly isn't one of them. (At least we agree on disliking it.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't like the Greatsword one bit. I know they were going for a more realistic hilt to blade ratio, but that thing is tiny [...]

Tiny
?? LOL! It goes well with the long line of ugly as **** gigantic greatswords in GW2. There is only a handful of greatswords in this game that look nice, and this monstrosity certainly isn't one of them. (At least we agree on disliking it.)

All I'm saying is that if it was a bit bigger it would look better than that. Right now it's just so.. cramped? All the visual action is in the hilt, the actual blade could be LONGER, not wider to offset that ratio a little bit.

Also: I really welcome every addition of items you can feasibly collect INGAME. My criticism shouldn't take away from that fact. It's a nice skin, maybe I will come to like it at some point or simply accept it's not for me. Keep up the good work @ everybody who worked on it & the original creators

@Ashantara.8731 said:I only like the one-handed sword (except that its hilt sticks deep into the torso, which is poo). The other two: nah.

However, I wonder if there is a way to get more than one Golden/Onyx Lion skin?

well if they go the way of the Immortal skins youll probably be able to get them from the wardrobe unlocks at some point.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Nightmare.1234 said:I voted for the torch and it looks nice, really hoping the scaling not as big as it looks in the picture.

It definitely is. I think the picture shows two hands? Ingame its one hand

No it’s definitely two hands in game also.

Really? I must be blind on the preview then

Edit: Oh it definitely is two. The big shiny REALLY distracts from the lower hand though, I only saw a few fingers and thought it was the other half lol

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It kind of bothers me that models badly need in Gw2 only came in at 5th place and 8th place. I get it that only Daredevil Thief and Revenant use the staff as a melee weapon, but there are pretty much only 3 (arguably 4) Staff skins in the game that aren't obviously caster staves, 2 of which are part of the Daredevil collection. A little variety would be appreciated...There's a lot more melee staves than that. Just off the top of my head: the two daredevil ones, the scythe, Final Rest, the Reclaimed staff, the Dominator staff, the Forged staff, Lightward's Battlestaff, Sunspear, Darkspear, Sunscythe, and that gem store scythe.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:It kind of bothers me that models badly need in Gw2 only came in at 5th place and 8th place. I get it that only Daredevil Thief and Revenant use the staff as a melee weapon, but there are pretty much only 3 (arguably 4) Staff skins in the game that aren't obviously caster staves, 2 of which are part of the Daredevil collection. A little variety would be appreciated...There's a lot more melee staves than that. Just off the top of my head: the two daredevil ones, the scythe, Final Rest, the Reclaimed staff, the Dominator staff, the Forged staff, Lightward's Battlestaff, Sunspear, Darkspear, Sunscythe, and that gem store scythe.

Silence, The Adamant Guard Staff, The Destroyer Scythe, The Guild Pillar, Oblivion, The Primitive Pillar, Spire of Samarog, War Gods Staff: just to add some more.

Archived