Thank you for the those player-designed weapons

+1! I loved how they were implemented into the game! I'm so glad to see Arenanet has been adding more content like this during the past couple of years, as it's exactly what the game needs more of! Tiny bits of new lore, relatable characters we meet during the adventure, mysteries to be solved... They make Tyria feel more alive. <3

Haven't had a chance to look into how they're obtained yet (or even preview them), but I was also happy to hear they're in-game rewards and not gem store items. I'm looking forward to finding out more and maybe starting to make 1 or more when I get home tonight. (I love that greatsword but I'm not sure which of my characters would use it.)

But I did find it amusing that immediately below this is a topic asking why they're 'locked' behind crafting. Great example of how no matter what Anet (or any company) do someone is going to think it was the wrong choice and they should have done something else instead.

I agree; these are wonderful, and the way they're implemented is wonderful. I was actually really surprised when I logged in and started the process. I think I assumed they'd be time-gated and super expensive. I really appreciate that it's not a month-long endeavor.

This was a great addition to the game (just like the caladbolg collection) and had players interacting with each other as well to share clue information. The steps were a little short, but they still had substance. My favorite has to be the Eclipse greatsword. I hope they do more of these for the other weapon types in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

@Biff.5312 said:I was excited at the prospect, spent the mats to make the infused vision crystal, only to find out they're locked behind JPs. For me, it may as well just not exist. Waste of time and resources.

Well, you could ask someone in game to maybe port you through the jumping puzzle, or even go obtain the position rewinder if you dont want to portal and struggle with puzzles.

its for sure not a waste of time or resources if the majority of players obtain them.

Archived