Signets

Brokensunday.4098

Signets need a buff, they feel lack luster in general the following suggestions should improve the overall utility of necromancer signets but mantaining their identity ( mainly buff's)

1. Signet of Vampirism ( Heal signet - Trait signet)The skill Heal is perfect 5025 on the other side the cast time is too high Should be reduced to 1 second, it would still give the enemy enough time to dodge or block the active part or even interrupt the signet.

The active need its internal cooldown eliminated. Does not let the skill be combo heal or damage by multiple attacks, reducing our total healing and capabilites.

The Pasive Heal coefficents are perfect but again is being hold back by a internal cooldown of 1 second reducing our heal this is a bad design because all clases including necro can deal massive amounts of burst damage or combo attacks hitting multiple times on 1 second.

1. Signet of SpiteThis skills is a condition bomb it's passive part should be change to improve condition damage not power.The active part of this skill total ammount of diferent conditions is ok it should only be buff by adding 2 more stacks of bleeding , poison and torment keeping the same ammount of duration.

2. Plague SignetThe skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.

The next 2 signets is where the mayor change should occur

1. Signet of the undeadThis is the most underuse skill in the history of Guild Wars 2Change : Make passive an unique one. when struck by and enemy attack summon a Bone Horror (new minnion) Max count 5 they enter on a 5 seccond cooldown when they die individually.Or improve passive life force generation to match deathshroud degeneration.Active remains the same but cast time reduced to 2 seconds.

2. Signet of the locusChange: Gain the Signet of Undeath passive life force generation while mantaining the speed buff on passive.Active remains the same only reducing the cooldown to 25 seconds.( if the change on signet of undead does not occur this skills remains untouched justtcooldown reduction).

These are great suggestions though I would also like Plague Signet to draw and store conditions without an ICD for sending rather than inflict them on the Necro.

I do not mind the passive on SoU but the active takes way too long to cast and its radius is small.

Signet of the Locust is good in a crowd but passive LF generation is good, too; especially on core condi builds.

@Anchoku.8142 said:These are great suggestions though I would also like Plague Signet to draw and store conditions without an ICD for sending rather than inflict them on the Necro.

I do not mind the passive on SoU but the active takes way too long to cast and its radius is small.

Signet of the Locust is good in a crowd but passive LF generation is good, too; especially on core condi builds.

That would be nice too i agreeOn the sou its feels too weak as lf gen :(

@"Brokensunday.4098" said:Signets need a buff, they feel lack luster in general the following suggestions should improve the overall utility of necromancer signets but mantaining their identity ( mainly buff's)

1. Signet of Vampirism ( Heal signet - Trait signet)The skill Heal is perfect 5025 on the other side the cast time is too high Should be reduced to 1 second, it would still give the enemy enough time to dodge or block the active part or even interrupt the signet.Why not...

The active need its internal cooldown eliminated. Does not let the skill be combo heal or damage by multiple attacks, reducing our total healing and capabilites.

The Pasive Heal coefficents are perfect but again is being hold back by a internal cooldown of 1 second reducing our heal this is a bad design because all clases including necro can deal massive amounts of burst damage or combo attacks hitting multiple times on 1 second.Obviously broken. Just do the math:

Healing: 470 x 25 = 11750 healing + 4925 base healingDamage: 367 x 25 = 9175 damage

And you want the ICD removed? The skill would need a rework.

1. Signet of SpiteThis skills is a condition bomb it's passive part should be change to improve condition damage not power.The active part of this skill total ammount of diferent conditions is ok it should only be buff by adding 2 more stacks of bleeding , poison and torment keeping the same ammount of duration.The signet inflicts 3 damaging conditions, 3 cc conditions and one damage increasing condition. Traited it additionally inflicts chill. The skill is a shut down skill (cover condi overload) for power and condi builds. It's not clearly a condi skill.

It's even better on power than on condi builds as it opens a burst window. The few damaging condis are usually not worth the huge cooldown.

1. Plague SignetThe skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.Plague Signet is trash in everything but 1v1. It puts and holds you into combat, when you want to recover in a team fight. It's RNG in terms of what's transfered to you and which impact it will have.

The passive should be +180 condi damage. The cooldown recently was increased from 30 to 40 seconds. ANet will not revert that.

1. Signet of the undeadThis is the most underuse skill in the history of Guild Wars 2Change : Make passive an unique one. when struck by and enemy attack summon a Bone Horror (new minnion) Max count 5 they enter on a 5 seccond cooldown when they die individually.Or improve passive life force generation to match deathshroud degeneration.Active remains the same but cast time reduced to 2 seconds.This signet has to be handled with care. It easily becomes overpowered. The 3 second cast time is meant to be on par with the stomp duration (which is also 3 seconds). It's not meant to deny stomps that were initiated before the signet was activated.

LF generation could be 1% higher, but not more!

1. Signet of the locusChange: Gain the Signet of Undeath passive life force generation while mantaining the speed buff on passive.Active remains the same only reducing the cooldown to 25 seconds.( if the change on signet of undead does not occur this skills remains untouched justtcooldown reduction).This signet simply should get a cast time reduction to 1/2 or even 1/4s - the rest is fine.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Brokensunday.4098" said:Signets need a buff, they feel lack luster in general the following suggestions should improve the overall utility of necromancer signets but mantaining their identity ( mainly buff's)
  1. Signet of Vampirism
    ( Heal signet - Trait signet)The skill Heal is perfect 5025 on the other side the cast time is too high Should be reduced to 1 second, it would still give the enemy enough time to dodge or block the active part or even interrupt the signet.Why not...

The active need its internal cooldown eliminated.
    Does not let the skill be combo heal or damage by multiple attacks, reducing our total healing and capabilites.

The Pasive Heal coefficents are perfect but again is being hold back by a internal cooldown of 1 second reducing our heal this is a bad design because all clases including necro can deal massive amounts of burst damage or combo attacks hitting multiple times on 1 second.Obviously broken. Just do the math:

Healing: 470 x 25 = 11750 healing + 5025 base healingDamage: 367 x 25 = 9175 damage

1. Signet of Spite
    This skills is a condition bomb it's passive part should be change to improve condition damage not power.The active part of this skill total ammount of diferent conditions is ok it should only be buff by adding 2 more stacks of bleeding , poison and torment keeping the same ammount of duration.The signet inflicts 3 damaging conditions, 3 cc conditions and one damage increasing condition. Traited it additionally inflicts chill. The skill is a shut down skill (cover condi overload) for power and condi builds. It's not clearly a condi skill. It's even better on power than on condi builds as it opens a burst window. The few damaging condis are usually not worth the huge cooldown.
  2. Plague Signet
    The skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.Plague Signet is trash in everything but 1v1. The passive should be +180 condi damage to be in line with the other signets. The cooldown recently was increased from 30 to 40 seconds. ANet will not revert that.

1. Signet of the undead
    This is the most underuse skill in the history of Guild Wars 2Change : Make passive an unique one. when struck by and enemy attack summon a Bone Horror (new minnion) Max count 5 they enter on a 5 seccond cooldown when they die individually.Or improve passive life force generation to match deathshroud degeneration.Active remains the same but cast time reduced to 2 seconds.This signet has to be handled with care. It easily becomes overpowered. The 3 second cooldown is meant to be on par with the stomp duration (which is also 3 seconds). It's not meant to deny stomps that were initiated before the signet was activated.

LF generation could be 1% higher, but not more!
  1. Signet of the locus
    Change: Gain the Signet of Undeath passive life force generation while mantaining the speed buff on passive.Active remains the same only reducing the cooldown to 25 seconds.( if the change on signet of undead does not occur this skills remains untouched justtcooldown reduction).This signet simply should get a cast time reduction to 1/2 or even 1/4s - the rest is fine.

On the heal i defer look at warrior and revs when hit they can heal unlimited for a few secs, so by that why not make it per x amount of hits on the defensive whats thw point of being healed for 500-600 when b3ing hit by 2k to 10k per secs

On the offensive now that you mention yes would be op but sec cool pet hit is too much make it 3 hits would be more balanced.

Signet of plague i know they increased but its way too much for what it does.

On signet of spite is good for cover but no power builds run it so why not make it full condi instead of being bad at condi or power?

On signet of undead looking at other revive skills is ok to be 2 sec but 3 is way too much, for pasive to match ds degen would not break anything could make it if you go to full ds it goes to full cooldown. But your idea is super good would runnit it was like that :)

@"Brokensunday.4098" said:

1. Plague SignetThe skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.

Disagree on this point. What it needs is to stop drawing conditions when out of combat. It actively penalizes putting it on your bar right now, otherwise it's a magnificent skill.

@Rhyse.8179 said:

1. Plague Signet
    The skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.

Disagree on this point. What it needs is to stop drawing conditions when out of combat. It actively penalizes putting it on your bar right now, otherwise it's a magnificent skill.

How i forgot about that part is beyond me yeah is bad running from a boss or zerg and draw a cripple and can't go out of combat. Agree with you on that

@Rhyse.8179 said:

1. Plague Signet
    The skill in general is perfect should be only improve by reducing the cooldown to 30 seconds.

The range at which it draws conditions needs an adjustment as well. 1200 is too much, it passively draws conditions from fights you don't even necessarily see or know about. 450 or 600 would be my suggestion.

@Yannir.4132 said:

1. Plague Signet

The range at which it draws conditions needs an adjustment as well. 1200 is too much, it passively draws conditions from fights you don't even necessarily see or know about. 450 or 600 would be my suggestion.

I had a weird thought..... what would happen if the Signet was reworked to be part of the conversion concept? For instance..... each condition adsorbed also grants its corresponding boon to the Necro. Or the Active sends 5 conditions, and corrupts/strips their corresponding boons on the target. Or flipping the active where the Target absorbs conditions from nearby enemies. Thinking about it... I wonder if it can work in PvP if the active causes the Target to absorb conditions from its allies. Thinking about it more... I wonder if this could become a new form of Epi bouncing.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

1. Plague Signet

I had a weird thought..... what would happen if the Signet was reworked to be part of the conversion concept? For instance..... each condition adsorbed also grants its corresponding boon to the Necro. Or the Active sends 5 conditions, and corrupts/strips their corresponding boons on the target. Or flipping the active where the Target absorbs conditions from nearby enemies. Thinking about it... I wonder if it can work in PvP if the active causes the Target to absorb conditions from its allies. Thinking about it more... I wonder if this could become a new form of Epi bouncing.

So like a 2 step signet active one draw x amount of conditions per x amount of time second active send x amounts of conditions to target and pasive gain the counter boon of the condition apply to you?How about that idea ( took it from yours )

@starlinvf.1358 said:

1. Plague Signet

An interesting idea. Though I think the numbers should be a tad bit lower. Take Arcane Thievery on Mesmer as a comparison.

1. Signet of the undeadThis is the most underuse skill in the history of Guild Wars 2Change : Make passive an unique one. when struck by and enemy attack summon a Bone Horror (new minnion) Max count 5 they enter on a 5 seccond cooldown when they die individually.Or improve passive life force generation to match deathshroud degeneration.Active remains the same but cast time reduced to 2 seconds.

I just had an idea.

Passive: Prevents Life Force Degeneration while in Shroud. (Scourge: Reduce Life Force cost of Sand Shade abilities) Reduces Life Force generation from other sources by 50%Active: Sacrifice 50% of your current Health. Gain 50% of your missing Life Force.

This would be epic and enable shroud-centric builds. You'd be able to stay in shroud much longer, but you'd have to time your LF regen into bursts while the signet is on cooldown and risk your health to do it.

We already have multiple "Res Targeted Ally" abilities in the Blood spec, so there's no loss to functionality by removing that from this signet.

@Rhyse.8179 said:

1. Signet of the undead
    This is the most underuse skill in the history of Guild Wars 2Change : Make passive an unique one. when struck by and enemy attack summon a Bone Horror (new minnion) Max count 5 they enter on a 5 seccond cooldown when they die individually.Or improve passive life force generation to match deathshroud degeneration.Active remains the same but cast time reduced to 2 seconds.

I just had an idea.

Passive: Prevents Life Force Degeneration while in Shroud. (Scourge: Reduce Life Force cost of Sand Shade abilities)
Reduces Life Force generation from other sources by 50%
Active: Sacrifice 50% of your current Health. Gain 50% of your missing Life Force.

This would be epic and enable shroud-centric builds. You'd be able to stay in shroud much longer, but you'd have to time your LF regen into bursts while the signet is on cooldown and risk your health to do it.

We already have multiple "Res Targeted Ally" abilities in the Blood spec, so there's no loss to functionality by removing that from this signet.

that would be epic but anet loves the resurrec skill thing so won't happend

1. Signet of Vampirism ( Heal signet - Trait signet)The skill Heal is perfect 5025 on the other side the cast time is too high Should be reduced to 1 second, it would still give the enemy enough time to dodge or block the active part or even interrupt the signet.

Fair enough. Consume conditions is a poster-boy for "1.25s too long for healing skill cast", and signet's active is not as game-changing as consume conditions to justify such horrendous cast time.

And then the rapid fire ranger and axe whirwhind warrior will steal all your healing stacks... The icd is there to give everyone (or at lest more then 2 guys) a shot at grabbing some of those heals, including yourself.

The Pasive Heal coefficents are perfect but again is being hold back by a internal cooldown of 1 second reducing our heal this is a bad design because all clases including necro can deal massive amounts of burst damage or combo attacks hitting multiple times on 1 second.

The icd is good. Without it this skill would be far too powerful. The point of signet passive is not "anti-burst" but "anti-pressure". No other heal (except for consume conditions if you're seriously being condi bombed) comes close in raw healing value when you're under constant pressure. Traited vamp signet is stronger then warrior's healing signet passive. Let's also keep in mind that when traited passive works through shroud, even if active got burned. You can cast active, go shroud, then get double healing - from active stacks as you attack the enemy, and from passive as he hits you. All the while the signet will be on turbo recharge when you're shrouded. 14s of shroud and your heal active is back and ready for action!.

1. Signet of SpiteThis skills is a condition bomb it's passive part should be change to improve condition damage not power.The active part of this skill total ammount of diferent conditions is ok it should only be buff by adding 2 more stacks of bleeding , poison and torment keeping the same ammount of duration.

But ... but we need the powah....As for active i have totally 0 feelings regarding current iteration save one - cooldown is too long. Saying good-bye to such powerful passive for whole minute is very offputting and i don't recall myself using the active ever (or once in a blue moon) simply because it would deprive me of passive for such ludicrous amount of time.

1. Signet of the locusChange: Gain the Signet of Undeath passive life force generation while mantaining the speed buff on passive.Active remains the same only reducing the cooldown to 25 seconds.( if the change on signet of undead does not occur this skills remains untouched justtcooldown reduction).

Hard for me to comment on lf gain, but cd reduction is not needed, at least not with current iteration of Signets of Suffering. I find myself castin it, going shroud and when done with shroud it's already back up, or pretty close to it.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

1. Signet of Vampirism
    ( Heal signet - Trait signet)The skill Heal is perfect 5025 on the other side the cast time is too high Should be reduced to 1 second, it would still give the enemy enough time to dodge or block the active part or even interrupt the signet.

Fair enough. Consume conditions is a poster-boy for "1.25s too long for healing skill cast", and signet's active is not as game-changing as consume conditions to justify such horrendous cast time.

And then the rapid fire ranger and axe whirwhind warrior will steal all your healing stacks... The icd is there to give everyone (or at lest more then 2 guys) a shot at grabbing some of those heals, including yourself.

The icd is good. Without it this skill would be far too powerful. The point of signet passive is not "anti-burst" but "anti-pressure". No other heal (except for consume conditions if you're seriously being condi bombed) comes close in raw healing value when you're under constant pressure. Traited vamp signet is stronger then warrior's healing signet passive. Let's also keep in mind that when traited passive works through shroud, even if active got burned. You can cast active, go shroud, then get double healing - from active stacks as you attack the enemy, and from passive as he hits you. All the while the signet will be on turbo recharge when you're shrouded. 14s of shroud and your heal active is back and ready for action!.
  1. Signet of Spite
    This skills is a condition bomb it's passive part should be change to improve condition damage not power.The active part of this skill total ammount of diferent conditions is ok it should only be buff by adding 2 more stacks of bleeding , poison and torment keeping the same ammount of duration.

But ... but we need the powah....As for active i have totally 0 feelings regarding current iteration save one - cooldown is too long. Saying good-bye to such powerful passive for whole minute is very offputting and i don't recall myself using the active ever (or once in a blue moon) simply because it would deprive me of passive for such ludicrous amount of time.
  1. Signet of the locus
    Change: Gain the Signet of Undeath passive life force generation while mantaining the speed buff on passive.Active remains the same only reducing the cooldown to 25 seconds.( if the change on signet of undead does not occur this skills remains untouched justtcooldown reduction).

Hard for me to comment on lf gain, but cd reduction is not needed, at least not with current iteration of Signets of Suffering. I find myself castin it, going shroud and when done with shroud it's already back up, or pretty close to it.

on the signet of vampirism icd is really bad look ele for example spam 1 you get insane heal, warrior give some what the same at ours but more constant, the rev active heals you completely not sure if is a signet.making my point if you remove the pasive on the none active one why not reduce the healing to 200 per hit you are still being hit by 500-2000 damage every sec.the active part yes i understand the icd.I would suggest why not change the pasive to steal life on every hit damage like 100-150 max like the aura. For the active make it that you get heal for 1000 top and all damage you recive per 6 secs heals you.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

on the signet of vampirism icd is really bad look ele for example spam 1 you get insane heal, warrior give some what the same at ours but more constant, the rev active heals you completely not sure if is a signet.making my point if you remove the pasive on the none active one why not reduce the healing to 200 per hit you are still being hit by 500-2000 damage every sec.the active part yes i understand the icd.I would suggest why not change the pasive to steal life on every hit damage like 100-150 max like the aura. For the active make it that you get heal for 1000 top and all damage you recive per 6 secs heals you.

This is something necro might use, but not on this skill. Signet of vampirism is one of the core if not the best heal a necro has for 1v1. If you need healing vs swarms of enemies, that is already well covered by other skills - signet of the locust, tons of life leech traits in blood magic, parasitic contagion...

But all these mean little against a strong single opponent. If there are no trash mobs to heal from, all the above heals are at their weakest providing only fraction of healing, while the enemy is hitting you hard. It's at this moment you need a heal that does not scale, but in return is just strong outta the box. That's when signet of vampirism (if traited) comes into play. No only is it passive, but you can activate it and still keep the passive with good shroud management. In this regard it is hands down strongest healing skill you have for such scenario save special cases (like condi spamming enemy).

now if it's anti-multihit heal you need, then we indeed don't have that. Maybe a change to active, to simply lift the icd of passive for a certain time in addition to standard base heal could achieve that. Price of that however would be loss of bit of dps and party utility that active provides. Well that and devs going along with the proposal.

@"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

The passive ICD is definitely not good. Because it can only trigger when you are getting hit, the passive is a flat amount of damage reduction, not actual healing. Because of the ICD, it doesn't even reduce the damage of every hit like literally every other form of damage reduction in the game.

Passive ICD is good, because it keeps healing value high (least when traited). You want no icd? Say hi to vampiric in blood magic and check out it's healing values. Few pixels right and you get vampiric presence that has 1/2s icd - check out it's healing values. You sure you still want that icd removed?

Also moving on to higher level of thinking - vamp signet is not a crappy damage reduction. It is awesome damage reduction finisher. Each layer of damage reduction you put is weaker then the last. Example:

Enemy hits you for 1000 damage normally (no defense skills involved).You set up protection - damage drops by 333 to 667.You call Rise! for another 33% damage reduction. Now damage drops to 445, but that is only 222 units reduction. First layer was 333.

Each next defense will reduce damage by less. But vamp singet is static, it does not geat weaker due to other defenses being in place. If you pair it up with damage reducing skills, you'll be amazed how much sustain you get for it.

What you seek is anti-burst or at least anti-multi-hit. That is indeed job for healing skill we don't have. As said above maybe changing the active to lift the icd for few seconds, leaving rest intact....but passive needs to be left alone, it is good, majorly thanks to Signets of Suffering.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

The passive ICD is definitely not good. Because it can only trigger when you are getting hit, the passive is a flat amount of damage reduction, not actual healing. Because of the ICD, it doesn't even reduce the damage of every hit like literally every other form of damage reduction in the game.

agree should be eliminated the pasive icd

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

agree should be eliminated the pasive icd

Zef is correct though. Any removal of the icd will result in a large reduction of how much it heals as a passive. With its current healing value and the current signet trait its a change that has 0% chance of happening.

@KrHome.1920 said:

Healing: 470 x 25 = 11750 healing + 4925 base healingDamage: 367 x 25 = 9175 damage

I dont think, you can calculate like this. The buff is only 6s, and is spread on all players attacking. in most cases, you wont get all 25 hits in 6s for your healing alone.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:Signets need a buff, they feel lack luster in general the following suggestions should improve the overall utility of necromancer signets but mantaining their identity ( mainly buff's)

The active need its internal cooldown eleminated is set to 0,5s. Does not let the skill be combo heal or damage by multiple attacks, reducing our total healing and capabilites.

The Pasive Heal coefficents are perfect but again is being hold back by a internal cooldown of 1 second reducing our heal this is a bad design because all clases including necro can deal massive amounts of burst damage or combo attacks hitting multiple times on 1 second. --> ICD is set to 0,5s and per enemy, not in general (like actual)

My 2 cents in bolt ;).

Orrrrrrr

Make this skill continue to improve power passivelyAnd make it a hard hitting power strike that scales up with the number of conditions on a foe.Reduce the cd to 40 seconds 60 is way to high for the signet in general

.>

on a side note the signets are not too bad just a few of them like spite need to be fixed

The real problem here is Signets of suffering.

I agree that the life force gen passive should be moved to signet of locust

Signet of the undeads new passive should become what signet of suffering is now

Signets of suffering should gain a new effect while allowing you to keep passive of signets in shroud.

Archived