Madwrey Backpack

Unfortunately ascended stat swapping doesn't work on back items, so the only way to change the stats on Mawdrey once they've been selected is to infuse it. This creates a new item so the stats can be selected again, but it will only work once. It also requires playing quite a bit of Fractals to get the items needed.

The other option is to make a new ascended back item and then transmute it to look like Mawdrey.

Mawdrey is LS2 content, Viper's is a HoT stat block. Your best choice on Mawdrey is likely Rabid if you're going for condi.

For future reference - you can check the available choices on any stat selectable item on the wiki! There's always a header called "Available Stats" (it's usually collapsed), check that to see if the desired stat is available.

I believe when I was going for condition damage pre hot I went with rampager for mawdrey. Everything Tanner said is right, if you want Viper stats youll need to do either the order backpack collection in heart of thorns or farm currency on one of the season 3 maps (bloodstone fen, ember bay, bitterfrost frontier, draconis mons 'henge away from home' collection or Orr)

@Kal Spiro.3291 said:

@"ksgates.3509" said:It worked. However, I am limited as to which stats I can choose from. I was hoping to get the Viper's Stats. But that was not an option. :-(

If you make the Golem backpack from Season 4 you can pick any available stat set, then transmute it into Maudrey

Nope, that back item is from PoF, meaning it will have core and PoF stats onlyhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mark_Y_Golem

@Kal Spiro.3291 said:

@ksgates.3509 said:It worked. However, I am limited as to which stats I can choose from. I was hoping to get the Viper's Stats. But that was not an option. :-(

If you make the Golem backpack from Season 4 you can pick any available stat set, then transmute it into Maudrey

What kind of evil person would suggest that to anyone? BTW, don't start the IG collection without knowing what you're getting into...... it is a major slog, and gets bottlenecked on a POF meta that you're gonna need find an organized map to complete.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@ksgates.3509 said:It worked. However, I am limited as to which stats I can choose from. I was hoping to get the Viper's Stats. But that was not an option. :-(

What kind of evil person would suggest that to anyone? BTW, don't start the IG collection without knowing what you're getting into...... it is a major slog, and gets bottlenecked on a POF meta that you're gonna need find an organized map to complete.

I just got over that particular bottleneck yesterday. Phew! On the plus side the rest of the collection looks simple in comparison.

Archived