Troll Keep Claiming

wey daw ming.5784

Anet how in the world did you allow the ability to build up a guild to level 22 so it can claim a keep and have zero buffs? On NSP we have a guild Quag Guild NameQuaggan Movie TimeGuild TagQuagGuild URLhttps://guilds.gw2w2w.com/guilds/quaggan-movie-timeThey have claimed our Garrison and have a level zero guild aura. I checked and you have allowed the ability to build a guild up to make Keep claims without requiring any wvw buffs NOT EVEN A +5!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sovereign.1093 said:haha. omg, reminds me to upgrade our slayers guild to claim keeps pretty soon.

on that note hope its just a newbi and not a troll. although i do remember we killed some quaggan from the opposing servers hope this is not some kind of effect. @.@

Sorry but you do not build a guild up to level 22 just to claim a keep with no auras unless you are a troll. The cost to do this far exceeds just a noob guy making a claim.. This is someone that built this up for this purpose only. You must have war room level 2 and the cost is high to get this done. Here is what it takes just for level 2 War Room :) and Im not even talking about the ability to mine 5k ore for the mine. Just a quick guess we looking at about minimum 1500 gold just for a guild level 22 built only to claim a keep30  Badge of Tribute.1000   Elder Wood Plank1000   Mithril Ingot200   Glob of Ectoplasm10   Dragonite Ingot10   Spiritwood Plank

@Sovereign.1093 said:there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solutionThis Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimedNorthern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:haha. omg, reminds me to upgrade our slayers guild to claim keeps pretty soon.

on that note hope its just a newbi and not a troll. although i do remember we killed some quaggan from the opposing servers hope this is not some kind of effect. @.@

Sorry but you do not build a guild up to level 22 just to claim a keep with no auras unless you are a troll. The cost to do this far exceeds just a noob guy making a claim.. This is someone that built this up for this purpose only. You must have war room level 2 and the cost is high to get this done. Here is what it takes just for level 2 War Room :) and Im not even talking about the ability to mine 5k ore for the mine. Just a quick guess we looking at about minimum 1500 gold just for a guild level 22 built only to claim a keep30  Badge of Tribute.1000   Elder Wood Plank1000   Mithril Ingot200   Glob of Ectoplasm10   Dragonite Ingot10   Spiritwood Plank

I don't think that necessarily implies trolling. I belong to guild with a very high level, have no idea whether they have any WVW buffs, because I hardly play WvW. But anytime I do play, and capture a little outpost, I get a message asking if I want to claim it for my guild. Have never done it (purely out of caution, not because I knew it would mess anything up, it's not like they explain anywhere what claiming is for) but I was curious what would happen if I did. And I could totally imagine someone happily claiming stuff for their guild with no idea that it meant anything more than having a brag point.

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

That's nothing...

I can GUARANTEE you that many many many people do not know what claiming entails.

I know I used to claim camps and towers just because I thought it was COOL to have our tiny guild's name on it. It wasn't until I ran with someone else and got REAMED out that I had it explained. Our friends guild was level 15 or so at the time so I'm pretty sure we had little or nothing included. The only good thing I suppose is that camps flip really quickly.

@Blocki.4931 said:

That's nothing...

Exactly this.

Badges of tribute are relatively cheap. 1k elder wood :trollface: 1k mithril :trollface: Dragonite ingots? Yeah I got hundreds.

The only expensive parts are 200 ectos (which are spiking atm, and it's still like what 40g? Once prices drop again maybe 25g?) and... 10 spiritwood planks so another ~45g? So a generous estimate would be what... 100g? 150g? That's not very expensive for me solo. Imagine a guild that's just trying to play and upgrade their guildhall without really knowing what they're doing. Then imagine them playing WvW without knowing what they're doing. Sounds like... literally every other player I encounter in WvW.

Having bad tactics like supply sabotage or gate turrets on upgraded structures feelsbadman. But if we're going to claim bad players are "trolling" then I have a pretty long list. Starting with everyone who uses supply to build omega golems. Nobody who knows how the game works builds omegas in 2K18. Building them should be a bannable offense.

It's easy to get a guild with a high level and no upgrades. My micro-guild is lvl 30 with war room 2 and yet no aura upgrades. You don't have to get the auras to unlock anything except the next level of aura, and the auras are very painful upgrades, so they're easy to skip. Getting 1k wood and mithril and 200 ectos? Easy. Getting people to cough up 100 mystic coins? Like pulling teeth.

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

It's very easy to make gold and level guilds solo or with a couple other players. Especially if you don't buy the expensive upgrades, like auras.

In a guild with 3 active players and we're in the mid thirties (with most of the auras). But auras require 100 mystic coins each, plus other mats. Which is a lot more expensive than the items you listed.

As someone said before, the player doing this is probably new to the claiming part of WvW. Send them a friendly tell and explain the situation. If you or they are jerks about it then there might be a problem. But don't assume the worst until you have the facts.

@Grim West.3194 said:

It's very easy to make gold and level guilds solo or with a couple other players. Especially if you don't buy the expensive upgrades, like auras.

In a guild with 3 active players and we're in the mid thirties (with most of the auras). But auras require 100 mystic coins each, plus other mats. Which is a lot more expensive than the items you listed.

As someone said before, the player doing this is probably new to the claiming part of WvW. Send them a friendly tell and explain the situation. If you or they are jerks about it then there might be a problem. But don't assume the worst until you have the facts.

Of course it easy, I have a level 32 personal bank leveled myself with level VIII aura I am leader of 2 max level guilds you are missing the point here no way should you be able to claim a keep in wvw without any buffs not even a +5. Its fine to have a small guild but in the process of you leveling your small low member guild you wouldn't work your way to the war room for keep claiming. Well if you were just doing it to troll claim then you would do it this way. When guild halls first came out people bitch and moaned that it was so hard to get a +5 for your guild so anet made changes to allow people with small guilds a easy path for getting their +5. Well in the process they now have made it real easy to make the ability to claim keeps in wvw with nothing.

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

Of course it easy, I have a level 32 personal bank leveled myself with level VIII aura I am leader of 2 max level guilds you are missing the point here no way should you be able to claim a keep in wvw without any buffs not even a +5. Its fine to have a small guild but in the process of you leveling your small low member guild you wouldn't work your way to the war room for keep claiming. Well if you were just doing it to troll claim then you would do it this way. When guild halls first came out people kitten and moaned that it was so hard to get a +5 for your guild so anet made changes to allow people with small guilds a easy path for getting their +5. Well in the process they now have made it real easy to make the ability to claim keeps in wvw with nothing.

Making +5 supply a prereq for keep claiming is a good idea, something that ANET should consider.

But it is possible to level a guild and not understand the WvW claim system and how lack of auras hurts your side. Especially players new to WvW. I think most people who level up guilds are confused about it at first. So it is an easy mistake to make. And it is really cool to see your banner up there the first couple of times.

Send the person / guild doing it a tell. If they continue to do it then you might have enough for ANET to act on. But they won't do anything about someone who didn't realize it's a problem.

@wey daw ming.5784 said:Its fine to have a small guild but in the process of you leveling your small low member guild you wouldn't work your way to the war room for keep claiming. Well if you were just doing it to troll claim then you would do it this way.Why not? The scribing recipes, even some ones that are great for leveling are locked behind the various claiming upgrades. Also, the Keep Claiming upgrade itself is relatively cheap as far as upgrades go, so I could see many guilds taking it just for the 35 GXP. Now, if you're saying the upgrades shouldn't be structured this way, that's a different argument, and I'd agree. I'd rather have scribing recipes easier to access than locked behind upgrades I'd probably never use, like keep claiming. But it's a complete exaggeration to say there's no reason to work on war room upgrades except to troll.

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:there is still no option to upgraid claims? maybe that be the solutionThis Quag guild has 1 keep ever claimed our garrison and that it. Longest claim it ever has is 15 hours that is our garri. Here is a breakdown of what this guild had claimedNorthern Shiverpeaks 12 (46.15%) 2018-08-07 19:22:38Fort Aspenwood 9 (34.62%) 2018-06-25 10:51:52Dragonbrand 2 (7.69%) 2018-07-08 23:11:15Stormbluff Isle 2 (7.69%) 2018-06-25 07:50:54Tarnished Coast 1 (3.85%) 2018-02-14 13:44:56Really the claiming rights should go to the guild on the BL at the time that has the most Auras and if more than 1 has level VIII go by alphabetical order

I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

When you flip a keep, you have 45 seconds for one of the top three guilds that participated in the attack to claim it. If they were one of those guilds, why wouldn't they be allowed to claim it?

The only glitch is immediately after reset where fastest loading time wins. Unless they're claiming it then, I don't think you have a case for trolling.

@Ubi.4136 said:

I want to know where you are finding the stats for everything that guild has ever claimed?

^^. This.

They had claim priority evidently. No one else was willing, or able.

Ask them kindly to claim a camp.

Limits are there for claiming. Evidently no one else wanted that keep.

Honestly if a guild is largely a PVE guild, then it would make sense. PVE guild will have an easier time getting the mine upgraded, also it makes sense they would get war room resto 2, since that is a 100gxp. The other thing to think about is that the aura buffs are expensive. Everyone of them requires 100 mystic coins.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

^^. This.

I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

@Ubi.4136 said:

I have a excel doc that shows every guild claim. Pick a guild Ill post what they have done :) Yum has made 1713 claims total, 586 (34.21%) in EB, 307 (17.92%) in home bls, 1432 (83.60%) total camps your most claims are Umberglade Woods ( Camp on EB) - 153 claims your longest is 51:17:45

@wey daw ming.5784 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

^^. This.

I have a excel doc that shows every guild claiming pick a guild ill post what they have done :)

Yes, but where are you getting that information? Source?

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

^^. This.

Yes, but where are you getting that information? Source?

Prolly conversations..

But asking them to claim a camp might be too hard.

Archived