A couple of suggestions for upcoming PvP-seasons

Mirage.4536

Hey folks,

First of all a big thanks to Ben! Since you've come on-board it feels like PvP is going somewhere again and that you communicate with us and even lurk in Gw2 Twitch-streams and interact is awesome! And also a huge thx to all nice and awesome random players I've played with in PvP through the years that weren't toxic and always tried to help or just have fun.

Removing titles is a great move, I am a very competitive person so understand some ppl's frustration with the decision. (Although I'm a bit on the older side so probably a Plat 1-player at best).

I have a couple of suggestions for PvP upcoming seasons that I know can make ppl. I know, come back to Gw2 and/or play more PvP in general.

• Invite the top 250 (or 100) players from the leader-board at the end of season to a special tournament with really nice prices which EVERYONE can spectate. That way we can see how those ppl. play, learn from them and also reward them more for making it to top of the leader-board. If they bow out of the tournament they still get a consolidation price, though much less than if they participate. (Let them sign up for a couple of dates when they can participate might be good too in-case some ppl. can't play during weekends).
    • Let us spectate friends playing PvP. Not only is it fun if you're friend is a good player, they can teach you how to play (since there are no good tutorials in-game), but it can also help with finding cheaters and reporting them. And maybe your friend has no means of streaming, but you would love to chill out and see them play. If the servers cant handle X players spectating, just make a cap and a queue system or something.
    • Bring back 5-man queue to ranked as a SEPARATE queue and give participants their own ranked leaderboard. Yes I know a lot of ppl. are afraid of getting stomped etc. but gaming is a bout fun, preferably WITH friends. Being afraid that it will split the players between queues is warranted IF Anet doesn't promote the return of the new 5-man queue to get old and new players back, cause as with all new things, you need promotion and marketing to DRAW players in. I would stream a lot when I play with friends and it would draw ppl. in hearing all the fun we have in a small but competitive environment.(Ofc. you can play unranked, but most ppl. just want a little competition, like a leader-board and a skill-rating for personal satisfaction (bronze, silver, gold, plat etc.), to have something to strive for and a special tournament at end of season to be invited to with prices would be enough, no titles needed imo.).Also you could compete more often with 5-ppl to train for AT's and climbing the leaderboard. And in the future maybe bring back a little bit of E-sport, since more teams would form and have an easier way to compete more often for something, however small. (It's hard getting friends to join unranked where there is absolutely no competition + 90% you stomp the other team cause they are trying out builds or are beginners etc.).+add a visible counter (that pops up after 3-5~mins) for how many teams/players are queing/searching for pvp-matches in your region and your skill tier, so you know if you're alone in the queue (at night for example).
    • Create a special PvP-waiting lobby where you can write/talk to the ppl. you are about to play with in a PvP-match so you can give links to Discord/Teamspeak for those who want/have the means to join and also vote on a commander (se below).No in-game means of voice-com is really hurting the game and experienced players who wants to help/teach others to play correctly/improve their play and/or lead the team. Communicating for 1 min in a lobby where you can easily paste clickable links to discord would be great.
    • Create a badge for commanding in PvP and some in-game commands you can send with keyboard shortcuts for those who wants to lead/help teammates on tactics/rotations etc., similar to what WwW has.The badge should cost gold so those who really want to help out know that they need to invest, but it also shows that they want and are willing to take on the responsibility. And when that person pings the map, it's in another color than other players ping. A voting system in the waiting lobby (see above) can decide if ppl. want to follow a commander and/or see that players commands/pings on the map and join Discord or Teamspeak. And ofc. a MUTE-button in-game for the commander's pings/commands if you feel that the person is leading you astray or is distracting in some way.
    • Please make an in-game tutorial with bots in a real pvp-match where the game freezes and explains things as they are happening around the map such as objectives, rotations, map awareness, tactics, etc. etc. and make it mandatory. Preferably 2-3 tutorials with different levels and as you play through your unranked games, where the more advanced one's will come up after X matches when you've played a bit more.

This was just top of my head, I will be back with more suggestions.

Please feel free to comment and help me tweak the suggestions to something even more viable for everyone. But just writing "that sucks" or "that will never work" without a constructive explanation or a better ALTERNATIVE isn't gonna help us move forward together at all. Just try to remember these are just suggestions. ^^

Thx for listening

/Edited to add from other ppl's excellent suggestions

P.S English isn't my 1st language, so sorry for grammatical errors.

We hate ATs.

Agreed

It's called ATs, but more dynamic starting times which aren't as impossible times to make for someone working 9-5 would be nice.

Howmany pvp players do you think still take this game seriously? Because going on discord to play a pvp game is too hardcore for 99.9999% of the playerbase. Most of them would rather have more rewards than the chance of talking to another player.

You don't need a "leader" in a 5v5 and there would be no way to enforce it. I don't see the point or added value, except for "team queues". I do think giving EVERYONE in pvp the ability to use SQUAD MARKERS would be very nice. (on top of pings which already exist). At least then I can spam heart markers where I'm healing in the hopes my allies actually notice ;)

There are resources to learn and improve. The issue is the insane mismatch between very complex conquest PvP and very trivial PvE. As long as most players are PvE players looking for something super easy; not for something challenging and difficult, no amount of tutorials will make them "better". It's a different group literally playing a different game; many of them "tolerating" pvp just to get rewards. That said; I agree a tutorial might help.

I'm still skeptic about 5-man queues to be honest. Well if it would be separated from solo queues I am okay but if not....I cannot see any good coming out of it. Yes it is fun to play with friends but if your friends are unavailable and you need to solo queue and get stomped over and over again by a pre-made team is not fun nor give you any experience. But this is coming from my past experience when 5-man was a thing

About the in-game tutorial it would be difficult if not impossible to implement because really many things were put down by the community (like rotation, tactics, class roles etc.) which is changing as time passes. Therefore a tutorial would need to be updated frequently which would be difficult from development perspective. Maybe a tutorial which shows the basics so the map and how to navigate on them.

But I really want to spectate friend matches too.

For point 4 and 5 if team queue is a thing that wouldn't be required. For solo queue.....eeeeh depends on the players you get put with and their ego / trust level. Also I am really not comfortable to voice chat with strangers to be honest. Keyboard warriors are already annoying. Don't want said keyboard warriors to screech in my ears because they are having a temper tantrum.

EDIT: What I would implement are marking your allies with squad markers. So marking the healer with a hearth the roamer with circle etc.

5 man queues will not come back anytime soon guys, simply put: the population isn't big enough. Any option that facilitates 5 man queues will make queue times and match quality worse.

flexbile starting time ATs are on the table and currently being worked on. Its the best we'll be able to get

@"Pvt Frosty.6973" said:5 man queues will not come back anytime soon guys, simply put: the population isn't big enough. Any option that facilitates 5 man queues will make queue times and match quality worse.

flexbile starting time ATs are on the table and currently being worked on. Its the best we'll be able to get

The population will NEVER get big enough if you DON'T bring back a means of friends playing with a group (3-5) of friends in a competitive environment at any time. It's catch 22. ^^ AT's are too "hard" for those looking to play on a bronze-silver lvl. and even if they make them 1 time/hour, it's not the same at all as just jumping in a game with friends at your own convenience.In all my guilds through the early seasons, this is something we enjoyed and did the most all the time. For higher lvl./solo players it might not be as interesting, but for average gamers which make up the bulk of bronze-gold this would be immense. = A lot more population.

@Mirage.4536 said:

@"Pvt Frosty.6973" said:5 man queues will not come back anytime soon guys, simply put: the population isn't big enough. Any option that facilitates 5 man queues will make queue times and match quality worse.

The population will NEVER get big enough if you DON'T bring back a means of friends playing with a group (3-5) of friends in a competitive environment at any time. It's catch 22. ^^ AT's are too "hard" for those looking to play on a bronze-silver lvl. and even if they make them 1 time/hour, it's not the same at all as just jumping in a game with friends at your own convenience.In all my guilds through the early seasons, this is something we enjoyed and did the most all the time. For higher lvl./solo players it might not be as interesting, but for average gamers which make up the bulk of bronze-gold this would be immense. = A lot more population.

Well bronze / silver level guys could play unranked but okay I get it...A question is if the amount of players coming in will be balanced enough against the amount of player going away.And again if it is not separated from solo queue-ing it could cause the community to form groups which close out people because the majority would not want a random in their team which would cause more problems along the line. So I'm still skeptic about it. I haven't really heard anything about the pro-team queue guys only maybes and ifs and playing with friends....It is difficult to trust this when past experience was bad (really bad) sorry

everyone saying that team que would be unsuccessful are just afraid that team que would overtake solo que as the main que.....otherwise you wouldn't be afraid to try it....

edit - not trying to call anyone out to cower in the corner of team que but no one hear has a good reason that is more then speculation that team que would fail based on the current population......team que mind you survived in the game since launch and never saw players leaving at rates they are now....and before anyone starts up with balance this or balance that people have been calling for balance patches since launch so your not gonna convince me thats whats causing players to leave. player communities keeps games alive long term and a game that caters to a solo player over a group of players will have no community sooner then later and its exactly what were seeing here..

@"Namless.4028" said:spectating friend could create too much of an advantage for that friend. Id prefer just watch a random match

see this is the kinda decision making in the name of "competitiveness" that trumps "fun" i think this detrimental to the game.... my .02 if someone has a friend who will literally sit and spectate to call out things to give a player a "slight" advantage im ok with it personally!

maybe limit spectate to just the perspective of the friend they are watching??? happy medium

@Nova.3817 said:

@"Namless.4028" said:spectating friend could create too much of an advantage for that friend. Id prefer just watch a random match

see this is the kinda decision making in the name of "competitiveness" that trumps "fun" i think this detrimental to the game.... my .02 if someone has a friend who will literally sit and spectate to call out things to give a player a "slight" advantage im ok with it personally!

maybe limit spectate to just the perspective of the friend they are watching??? happy medium

I think limiting it to just the friend would be ok

@Nova.3817 said:everyone saying that team que would be unsuccessful are just afraid that team que would overtake solo que as the main que.....otherwise you wouldn't be afraid to try it....

edit - not trying to call anyone out to cower in the corner of team que but no one hear has a good reason that is more then speculation that team que would fail based on the current population......team que mind you survived in the game since launch and never saw players leaving at rates they are now....and before anyone starts up with balance this or balance that people have been calling for balance patches since launch so your not gonna convince me thats whats causing players to leave. player communities keeps games alive long term and a game that caters to a solo player over a group of players will have no community sooner then later and its exactly what were seeing here..

When team queue was a thing and I could not play with friends I tried to enter a team to play with but with no luck because either teams were formed and did not let randoms in it or people asked the craziest things from the players or if you entered a pre-made team they would lash out on you if the match wasn't going well! Again there are exceptions but those exceptions are slowly being legendary rare quality.

A new player would come in and instead of learning and getting any experience they get farmed down by the teams pre-made in seconds not even getting a chance to learn anything.

So answer me this you think it is unfair to not be able to play with your friends yes and isn't it unfair that you cannot play at all because of this when your friends are not online?

I get it you want to play with your friends but these things happened in the past. What would be different now?

@Solidaris.5423 said:

When team queue was a thing and I could not play with friends I tried to enter a team to play with but with no luck because either teams were formed and did not let randoms in it or people asked the craziest things from the players or if you entered a pre-made team they would lash out on you if the match wasn't going well! Again there are exceptions but those exceptions are slowly being legendary rare quality.

A new player would come in and instead of learning and getting any experience they get farmed down by the teams pre-made in seconds not even getting a chance to learn anything.

So answer me this you think it is unfair to not be able to play with your friends yes and isn't it unfair that you cannot play at all because of this when your friends are not online?

I get it you want to play with your friends but these things happened in the past. What would be different now?

Take note that I suggest to ADD a SEPERATE queue for up to 5-ppl in a ranked system. NOT take away the current ranked queue.

If you want ppl to come back and play, you have to add things that would draw in new gamers and bring back old who would like to play with friends. For solo-players there is the normal ranked queue. And Anet needs to market/advertise this added queue in a lot of channels so ppl. learn of it. Without marketing, it's hard to draw ppl back. An incentive to play together is usually what ppl go for when playing mmorpg's or gaming with friends in general.If this is somehow too big of a risk (still the population is declining, so why not try it?) then they can maybe add this special queue only on some special days/weekends or the 2 weeks between seasons or a million other combinations.

@Mirage.4536 said:

Take note that I suggest to ADD a SEPERATE queue for up to 5-ppl in a ranked system. NOT take away the current ranked queue.

If you want ppl to come back and play, you have to add things that would draw in new gamers and bring back old who would like to play with friends. For solo-players there is the normal ranked queue. And Anet needs to market/advertise this added queue in a lot of channels so ppl. learn of it. Without marketing, it's hard to draw ppl back. An incentive to play together is usually what ppl go for when playing mmorpg's or gaming with friends in general.If this is somehow too big of a risk (still the population is declining, so why not try it?) then they can maybe add this special queue only on some special days/weekends or the 2 weeks between seasons or a million other combinations.

And I would be OK if those are separated.My biggest issue is if it would not be separated due to the low playerbase. As I said past experience made me skeptic about the whole pre-made teams could be queued up against soloer teams thing.If they want to implement it they should advertize it BEFORE implementing it to get those players interested in it get into the game and check if they can form a 5-man team and if the growth reached a certain number implement this.

@Solidaris.5423 said:

@Nova.3817 said:everyone saying that team que would be unsuccessful are just afraid that team que would overtake solo que as the main que.....otherwise you wouldn't be afraid to try it....

couple of thoughts here....

if you joined a group and you thought what they were asking was to hard to meet.... then our exp are very different and i am player who ONLY plays necro..... so when i joined a group id play anything as long as it was necro and i never had trouble finding a group unless 1. a necro wasn't needed or 2. they already had one.....but in those instances i just made my own group and sometimes it was hard to find a full 5 man but i could always find 1-3 people to join me and this is preferable to complete random and this means (hopefully) the 1-3 people you played with adds you to friends pool so next time its even more likely you would have 4 other friends playing at any given time......i find most people who say teams want crazy things are people who are clearly people who aren't willing to look at the groups perspective anyways im gonna chalk this up to our exp. was just different BUT i am a player who is only ever willing to play necro 99% of the time and i don't feel like it was ever that hard to find a group...

Now premade que's were a thing for much longer then solo ques and way back when you could even be in a group of solos vs a full premade....and guess what the solos still won....sometimes they didnt.....i think Anet said statistically that premades lost more often than they won(this bc premades ratings scaled up to highest rated player in the group meaning a player on a premade could find himself out of his depth)... so i dont think as a solo player who has the inability to find a group is prevented from queuing..

and to answer your question which i've touched on earlier....although you will see me advocating for premade SPVP content you will never find me asking for the removal of solo que... id prefer solo que and team que exist at the same time with seperate ques.....and even tho personally i think a solo player can que against premades and it really not affect them i'm not one to try to take away something that doesn't affect me so therefore solo que should still be in the game imo...

i don't think in the past things were all that bad i think the top players then are still the top players now (assuming they haven't quit) i think i player that got in the top 10 solo would still be top 10 regardless

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Spectating ranked games for a friend would be one of the BEST changes that could possibly be made. It enables coaching which helps people get better.

Yes, i want to be able to spectate so i can discord my friend where they at. No exploits here, move along!.

If you don't already know the general location of the other team, who is on respawn and who isn't, you're not gonna be playing with the folks who people would be spectating (who are able to manage what I just said without help). The only thing that might help me with somebody feeding me info is if there's a deadeye, or a greatsword high burst mirage lurking, but again, you should almost always know where they are and be prepped for them. Those specs are also way less effective in higher tiers of play.

@Nova.3817 said:

if you joined a group and you thought what they were asking was to hard to meet.... then our exp are very different and i am player who ONLY plays necro..... so when i joined a group id play anything as long as it was necro and i never had trouble finding a group unless 1. a necro wasn't needed or 2. they already had one.....but in those instances i just made my own group and sometimes it was hard to find a full 5 man but i could always find 1-3 people to join me and this is preferable to complete random and this means (hopefully) the 1-3 people you played with adds you to friends pool so next time its even more likely you would have 4 other friends playing at any given time......i find most people who say teams want crazy things are people who are clearly people who aren't willing to look at the groups perspective anyways im gonna chalk this up to our exp. was just different BUT i am a player who is only ever willing to play necro 99% of the time and i don't feel like it was ever that hard to find a group...

Now premade que's were a thing for much longer then solo ques and way back when you could even be in a group of solos vs a full premade....and guess what the solos still won....sometimes they didnt.....i think Anet said statistically that premades lost more often than they won(this bc premades ratings scaled up to highest rated player in the group meaning a player on a premade could find himself out of his depth)... so i dont think as a solo player who has the inability to find a group is prevented from queuing..

and to answer your question which i've touched on earlier....although you will see me advocating for premade SPVP content you will never find me asking for the removal of solo que... id prefer solo que and team que exist at the same time with seperate ques.....and even tho personally i think a solo player can que against premades and it really not affect them i'm not one to try to take away something that doesn't affect me so therefore solo que should still be in the game imo...

i don't think in the past things were all that bad i think the top players then are still the top players now (assuming they haven't quit) i think i player that got in the top 10 solo would still be top 10 regardless

Great for you that you had the luck to get people like those and I mean it. I quit ranked PvP due to that because my friends weren't online many times due to dfferent work schedule and I rarely found people I could play with without being annoyed by their behaviour. I know block and move on but still there is a level when even that will not help you. Like the experience when I joined a pre-formed 3 man team who were doing badly and started blaming me in the whole match. The enemy team stopped attacking me after they started calling me names in map chat tho and bullying them around so I guess it was OK at the end. But I would never wish that kind of thing to happen to any of my friends and guildies.

I am mostly playing support specs and whenever I tried to get in a team they either asked me for a rank which was already weird because obviously they were lower than the rank they wanted or wanted me to change my build to the meta one which annoyed me because yeah it is meta but what would you like more? A player who knows their build and their tricks to get the maximum out of it or a player who copy pasted a build which someones said is good and therefore must be followed.

Again that statistic which everyone comes with and mysteriously disappeared.... I am still interested in the quality of those matches to be honest. For me it really doesn't sound convincing that we only know about the win rate was favored for the solo queuers. Was that team full of soloers? Were those total annihilation? Were those close matches? I have so many questions which will never be answered.

And as I said earlier if they really want team queue to come back separately ANet should advertize that before implementing it to get back the players and give them the chance and the time to form their teams imho.

@Solidaris.5423 said:

@"Nova.3817" said:

Great for you that you had the luck to get people like those and I mean it. I quit ranked PvP due to that because my friends weren't online many times due to dfferent work schedule and I rarely found people I could play with without being annoyed by their behaviour. I know block and move on but still there is a level when even that will not help you. Like the experience when I joined a pre-formed 3 man team who were doing badly and started blaming me in the whole match. The enemy team stopped attacking me after they started calling me names in map chat tho and bullying them around so I guess it was OK at the end. But I would never wish that kind of thing to happen to any of my friends and guildies.

I am mostly playing support specs and whenever I tried to get in a team they either asked me for a rank which was already weird because obviously they were lower than the rank they wanted or wanted me to change my build to the meta one which annoyed me because yeah it is meta but what would you like more? A player who knows their build and their tricks to get the maximum out of it or a player who copy pasted a build which someones said is good and therefore must be followed.

Again that statistic which everyone comes with and mysteriously disappeared.... I am still interested in the quality of those matches to be honest. For me it really doesn't sound convincing that we only know about the win rate was favored for the solo queuers. Was that team full of soloers? Were those total annihilation? Were those close matches? I have so many questions which will never be answered.

And as I said earlier if they really want team queue to come back separately ANet should advertize that before implementing it to get back the players and give them the chance and the time to form their teams imho.

I have played many builds that were "ODD" such as a healomancer (yes u read that right) but i wouldn't expect any team to put up with that i know its annoying to have to run meta builds (which are meta bc they are the most optimal) but at the same time if someone was joining you and was running something you deemed not good or what have you.. you may be inclined not to party that said i think forming a group of players running w/e is pretty simple but ill agree to disagree on this....we both obviously had different experiences..

the statistic id love to be able to point out where it was posted but its been far to long to dig it up..... but regardless if it was even close to 50/50 then that would prove that being in a team does not equate to a defacto win...

personally id love to see something like gw1 had......random arenas where you and the 4 players you were paired with could remain in a group and every win in a row would give better and better rewards.... this would give you time even in a solo setting to build friendships since you may play multiple games with same players and then of course a premade arena where you could form groups just like old school TA in gw1 i honestly think gw1 does it better then gw2 but maybe im off my .02

note - I think its worth Noting that on that last point the gw2 devs agree'd somewhat with that as they added a system to keep players in same team after a match the downfall was they never implemented a reward system for multiple wins in a row with the same team so unless your team was 100% killer everyone would leave and just reque.....gw1 did this with glad points every 5 wins you get a point and so on..... i think it would be rather neat if they expanded on it

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Spectating ranked games for a friend would be one of the BEST changes that could possibly be made. It enables coaching which helps people get better.

Yes, i want to be able to spectate so i can discord my friend where they at. No exploits here, move along!.

Sorry I didn't realize that telling a friend what they can ALREADY SEE on their screen is exploiting.

@Solidaris.5423 said:I'm still skeptic about 5-man queues to be honest. Well if it would be separated from solo queues I am okay but if not....I cannot see any good coming out of it. Yes it is fun to play with friends but if your friends are unavailable and you need to solo queue and get stomped over and over again by a pre-made team is not fun nor give you any experience. But this is coming from my past experience when 5-man was a thing

If your doing anything but 3-5 man premade in a Team Ranked-Queue system that's your own fault for not accepting the consequences. There would be a SOLO ranked queue for a reason at that point for the people who don't have enough friends to play premade games with. Personally, I want if there is a 5 man queue brought back for ranked for it to be locked to where you can't even queue without 5 people that way social rejects can't just shut it down because they can't find 4 other people in or around there own skill level.

The whole point of fighting against better teams and losing, is to get better yourself and as a team. If you can't see that point you probably aren't actually a competitive player and this won't apply to you in any way/shape/or form. You don't just rage quit after you get roflstomped once, you keep going and improving as a team and that is what drives competitive game play.

That's my 2 very hard cents of how much I am tired of this casual pvp player mindset from golds/silvers trying to decide the fate of PVP for the many hardcore player's still left playing.

@"Nova.3817" said:I have played many builds that were "ODD" such as a healomancer (yes u read that right) but i wouldn't expect any team to put up with that i know its annoying to have to run meta builds (which are meta bc they are the most optimal) but at the same time if someone was joining you and was running something you deemed not good or what have you.. you may be inclined not to party that said i think forming a group of players running w/e is pretty simple but ill agree to disagree on this....we both obviously had different experiences..

the statistic id love to be able to point out where it was posted but its been far to long to dig it up..... but regardless if it was even close to 50/50 then that would prove that being in a team does not equate to a defacto win...

personally id love to see something like gw1 had......random arenas where you and the 4 players you were paired with could remain in a group and every win in a row would give better and better rewards.... this would give you time even in a solo setting to build friendships since you may play multiple games with same players and then of course a premade arena where you could form groups just like old school TA in gw1 i honestly think gw1 does it better then gw2 but maybe im off my .02

note - I think its worth Noting that on that last point the gw2 devs agree'd somewhat with that as they added a system to keep players in same team after a match the downfall was they never implemented a reward system for multiple wins in a row with the same team so unless your team was 100% killer everyone would leave and just reque.....gw1 did this with glad points every 5 wins you get a point and so on..... i think it would be rather neat if they expanded on it

I never played odd builds just looked around a class and made a build looking at several factors to test them. Yes I have looked at the meta builds for ideas most of the time but because mostly everyone expect them I modified them or done a completely different build which gave me a slight advatage when playing but never dared going "well let me try to be a support thief" level.

My problem with the statistics that everyone is only telling the win raites but never heard about any deeper analyzis of the matches. I would be interested in more data other that win and loss numbers and go deeper into them to see the qualities and flaws of those matches. like how many of those pre-made teams were randoms making a team instead of players knowing each other etc.

@"dmndbcK.3425" said:

If your doing anything but 3-5 man premade in a Team Ranked-Queue system that's your own fault for not accepting the consequences. There would be a SOLO ranked queue for a reason at that point for the people who don't have enough friends to play premade games with. Personally, I want if there is a 5 man queue brought back for ranked for it to be locked to where you can't even queue without 5 people that way social rejects can't just shut it down because they can't find 4 other people in or around there own skill level.

The whole point of fighting against better teams and losing, is to get better yourself and as a team. If you can't see that point you probably aren't actually a competitive player and this won't apply to you in any way/shape/or form. You don't just rage quit after you get roflstomped once, you keep going and improving as a team and that is what drives competitive game play.

That's my 2 very hard cents of how much I am tired of this casual pvp player mindset from golds/silvers trying to decide the fate of PVP for the many hardcore player's still left playing.

"Hurr-durr-hurr you don't agree with me so you must be a terrible players who wants to destroy my precious fun! "

Your points don't make sense. As I said separate queues would be fine for me but then you say:

If your doing anything but 3-5 man premade in a Team Ranked-Queue system that's your own fault for not accepting the consequences.

What cunsequences? That I tried to form a team to have fun with people I do not know and had bad experience? This is why I think the queues should be separated.

I CAN see that point! My point is that the two queues should be separated so you can experience the team queue with your friends and guildies and if they are not available go and play in a solo queue. If my team made by random guys fail over and over again which ends up with the members pointing at the other for the failure is not helping improve and would end up just solo queue -ing in the first place. Again this is why I think queues should be separated.

social rejectsHow kind....

I am tired of this casual pvp player mindset from golds/silvers trying to decide the fate of PVP for the many hardcore player's still left playing.

Yeah throw names at me without knowing me oh Lord Hardcore Player who cannot be wrong in anything because they are so experienced that their words should be obeyed! Seriously why is that people who want 5-man back say that they do not care about ranks and competitiveness but want to play with their friends go full "I AM A HARCORE PLAYER STOP RUINING MY GAME MODE DIRTY CASUAL!" so many times? Do you want to get this game mode back to have fun with your friends now or just to increase your chances of winning?

@"dmndbcK.3425" said:...where you can't even queue without 5 people that way social rejects can't just shut it down because they can't find 4 other people in or around there own skill level.

So player A who has a demanding job, a wife, kids, varied interests, lots of friends (real friends), with limited time to play, largely queues solo because the odd hour here or there he plays then queuing solo is what is convenient, is a "social reject", meanwhile player B who is unemployed, plays GW2 10 hours a day, because his tragic "life" is GW2 and barely leaves his parents' basement, but has lots of "friends" in GW2 is a social butterfly, interesting...

The whole point of fighting against better teams and losing, is to get better yourself and as a team. If you can't see that point you probably aren't actually a competitive player...

If you are playing GW2 then you aren't a competitive player, as a competitive game it is a joke, if you haven't realised that by now, well...

@Mirage.4536 said:

A fair enough argument in theory, however, GW2 has backed itself into a pretty nasty corner. The population as it is currently is too low to support a seperate 5-man queue and an integrated 5 man queue will lead to the worsening of match quality. Integrating either might start bringing people back, but this will happen slowly and now that you have higher queue times and/or worse match quality, people might not like what they find and rather stay away. The short run impact of these changes is too negative currently for anet to even consider attempting.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Sorry I didn't realize that telling a friend what they can ALREADY SEE on their screen is exploiting.

I think the issue here is that a second set of eyes can see alot more ;), not that its an exploit :D In all honesty, though I am all for spectating matches in order to coach, but this would get abused to no end for the upper end of the ladder.

Archived