Is this normal?....

So I'm playing a few games in ranked today and I notice this theif in the rafters of the Temple node in Temple of Silentstorm... I've never seen that before in my life.... Whist he's up there, oviously, if you aint got a ranged weapon, you're screwed.... It's recorded in the video I'm uplaoding atm.

Is this legit? a hack? exploit? something else?

Just seemed really wierd

@Peutrifectus.4830 said:So I'm playing a few games in ranked today and I notice this theif in the rafters of the Temple node in Temple of Silentstorm... I've never seen that before in my life.... Whist he's up there, oviously, if you aint got a ranged weapon, you're screwed.... It's recorded in the video I'm uplaoding atm.

Just seemed really wierd

Thieves in the rafters can be a real pain. I usually just build a fire on the node and let the smoke drive them out.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Peutrifectus.4830 said:So I'm playing a few games in ranked today and I notice this theif in the rafters of the Temple node in Temple of Silentstorm... I've never seen that before in my life.... Whist he's up there, oviously, if you aint got a ranged weapon, you're screwed.... It's recorded in the video I'm uplaoding atm.

Just seemed really wierd

Thieves in the rafters can be a real pain. I usually just build a fire on the node and let the smoke drive them out.

Mean.

Interesting, wonder if it’s possible without an exploit...

Imo the rafters aren’t going to help tactically so it’s possible it’s just never been explored before. Either way I’d imagine it’s not an obvious feature of the map if that’s true.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:The hole in the nav mesh that allowed that to happen needs to be patched.Thieves already get flak for just playing, we dont need toxic players exploiting port bugs on top of that.

I'm assuming he got up there with shortbow 5?

If so, then wouldn't something like Blink or Lightning Flash work aswell? Maybe even spectral wurm teleports?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:The hole in the nav mesh that allowed that to happen needs to be patched.Thieves already get flak for just playing, we dont need toxic players exploiting port bugs on top of that.

I'm assuming he got up there with shortbow 5?

If so, then wouldn't something like Blink or Lightning Flash work aswell? Maybe even spectral wurm teleports?

Shadowstep don't work on jumping spot unless you can walk there. Hence why you see people on middle barrel close to that node just to avoid steal etc.

@witcher.3197 said:I don't like it when people accuse others of hacking everytime they see something they can't explain, but.. in this case I'm 99% sure this guy is flyhacking. Sadly that's a thing these days.

What's not to like? In 5 years of playing, I see one thing out of the ordinary for the first time and ask if it's legit. Not making accusations.

I don't like it when people lead comments with assumption... ;)

@Peutrifectus.4830 said:

@witcher.3197 said:I don't like it when people accuse others of hacking everytime they see something they can't explain, but.. in this case I'm 99% sure this guy is flyhacking. Sadly that's a thing these days.

What's not to like? In 5 years of playing, I see
one thing
out of the ordinary for the first time and ask if it's legit. Not making accusations.

I don't like it when people lead comments with assumption... ;)

You misunderstand me. Never said you accused the guy with hacking. I was just referring to how I always correct people when they are throwing around hacker accusations (because most of the time it's baseless) but this time I'll have to be the one who calls out someone for hacking because there's no other explanation for this one.

Soo... I own a custom arena and spent hours with a friend trying to see if there was indeed a way to improperly glitch up here, while we failed that attempt, the next day my friend had a match on that map he was fighting a warrior who rampaged, as he ported with blink(on mesmer) the warrior cc'd him and he glitched. Not too say there isn't a hack but there may be a glitch that can produce a similar effect. If that thief shadowstepped while a cc was going off it may have caused a similar bug, however if the thief in question abused said bug I would still say that is an exploit, as it should not normally be possible.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/469714414623260705/477790345523101696/image.jpg

Archived