Still can't preview mounts in the gem store?

Sarah.1825

It has been a week since we were told that a new build would be needed to fix this issue. New build came (might have been 2 builds, but not positive about that) and still we can't preview. I'd really, really like to give Anet more of my money, but I'm not going to buy anything blindly. PLEASE Anet, roll out that fix, even if you need to do a special build. I want that ladybug skin! Even though I don't have my beetle yet.

• ArenaNet Staff

If you go to your Hero Panel, you can preview any skin. The locked tooltip text on each mount tells you which mount pack they are in, so you know how to purchase, if you choose to do so. I just tested this (and made a purchase ;) ) and it's working as normal.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:If you go to your Hero Panel, you can preview any skin. The locked tooltip text on each mount tells you which mount pack they are in, so you know how to purchase, if you choose to do so. I just tested this (and made a purchase ;) ) and it's working as normal.

Sorry Gaile, but not all of the Mounts show. New License contract mounts don't show, I don't think any still locked license mounts show. It's been a problem with determining what I still need to unlock.

So the silly thing is that this is practically in game already but the gemstore's interface sucks I guess?[&AgGIWAEA][&AgFaWAEA] you can preview them using the chat code but you can't just right click in the gemstore to preview even though the TP has supported that for a long time

• ArenaNet Staff

@Kal Spiro.3291 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:If you go to your Hero Panel, you can preview any skin. The locked tooltip text on each mount tells you which mount pack they are in, so you know how to purchase, if you choose to do so. I just tested this (and made a purchase ;) ) and it's working as normal.

Sorry Gaile, but not all of the Mounts show. New License contract mounts don't show, I don't think any still locked license mounts show. It's been a problem with determining what I still need to unlock.

New license as in the Desert-themed ones? I see them.

@Kal Spiro.3291 said:

That's an odd bug then as they are all showing for me, including the new ones and I've bought no mount skins since the Inquest themed ones were released. I would def submit a bug report if you cannot see them in your mount preview panel

@Kal Spiro.3291 said:

Have you tried checking in the past day or two? I was having the same problem up until this week (none of the Desert Racer ones were showing up). I can see all of them in the Hero Panel now, though.

I will try, again, to check in the hero panel. But that aside, the mouseover text IN THE GEM STORE says 'right click to preview' which does nothing, and there is no 'eye' icon to preview all of them the way it used to be. This really needs to be working the way its supposed to if you expect people to buy the mount skins. I mean, we're ready to give you money but this single issue in the Gem Store is preventing us.

For clarity: the Hero Panel Mount Preview works for the Desert Mount Skins now because of the build update that was loaded on August 7th. Prior to August 7th, the Hero Panel did not have any of the Desert Mount Skins because the new build was not loaded yet even though they were listed in the BLTC for sale. (This is per Gaile's reply to my previous bug thread.) (See here)

The "Right Click to Preview" option as specified on both the Desert and Istani Mount Adoption Licenses in the BLTC DOES NOT WORK and never worked "new build loaded or not" to my knowledge --- This is the "BUG."

Furthermore, this chat link: [&AgFaWAEAAA==] which Dulfy has on her website and other helpful people have posted on these forums, opens up an in-game window displaying the new Desert Mount skins available via the Desert Mount Adoption License. I believe this is what's supposed to pop up when you -- Right Click to Preview -- the skins in the BLTC, but it's bugged. (NOTE: this chat link even worked prior to the build loaded on August 7th.) And it would be GREAT if the BLTC's Right Click to Preview could be fixed as to help avoid any ambiguity regarding what skins are available in the license being purchased. :+1:

Cheers.

Edit: Spelling corrections.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

Have you tried checking in the past day or two? I was having the same problem up until this week (none of the Desert Racer ones were showing up). I can see all of them in the Hero Panel now, though.

No, I had already bought them all by now. I can recheck the Istan ones. I know that it still usually takes a few days before new mounts show up in the list.

• 2 months later...

Its 10th November 2018, still no preview option through Gem store, and that staff above is out of loop as he suggested ppl to look up at hero panel. The problem is that ppl are not sure what kind of mount they can get through the license and we have to google ourself the item code and post it in chat so we can finally "RIGHT CLICK TO PREVIEW".

Gaile is a woman.

Other than that you're right though - there is still no preview function on the adoption licences (either the Desert Racer or Istani Isles ones) and previewing them through the Hero Panel isn't ideal because you need to hover over each one and read the description to find out which pack they're in, which gets tedious if you want to look through all of them.

@"Kurenai.6258" said:Its 10th November 2018, still no preview option through Gem store, and that staff above is out of loop as he suggested ppl to look up at hero panel. The problem is that ppl are not sure what kind of mount they can get through the license and we have to google ourself the item code and post it in chat so we can finally "RIGHT CLICK TO PREVIEW".

No need to google, the Wiki has everything you need to know:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_mount_skinshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Racer_Mount_Adoption_Licenseet al.

Good luck.

Archived