Boss Blitz Bonanza

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the context that the OP didn't provide:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/weekend-boss-blitz-bonanza/

From Friday, August 10 to Monday, August 13, we’ll keep a close eye on the number of bosses slain by players in Festival of the Four Winds Boss Blitz events. If the kill count reaches five thousand before time runs out, participants will receive Celebration Boosters and Zephyrite Supply Boxes.From 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on Friday, August 10 to 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on Monday, August 13

I don't understand? What's your issue?

Not like it's their fault players aren't the smartest in groups

If anything this might get people to use their brains again because if the event ends it might as well end with a bang, right? I think we can reach that goal easily

Gold Blitz is 8 minutes or less. The pre-race takes 2 minutes and the race itself lasts 5, which means, at a rough minimum, 15 minutes per successful Blitz (Gold can happen more quickly, but then there's also a potential delay for the organization phase). That's 4 BB per hour, so 5000 successes means 1250 hours or 52 days worth of Blitz.

To reach 5000 during the 72 hour period means 70 successes per hour or 35 each hour in the EU and NA both. At four per hour, that's roughly 8 instances running successful Blitzes during each hour of availability.

On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I believe want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal. In addition, it's clear that a lot of people still aren't aware of what it takes to speed up the fight to get gold.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Gold Blitz is 8 minutes or less. The pre-race takes 2 minutes and the race itself lasts 5, which means, at a rough minimum, 15 minutes per successful Blitz (Gold can happen more quickly, but then there's also a potential delay for the organization phase). That's 4 BB per hour, so 5000 successes means 1250 hours or 52 days worth of Blitz.

To reach 5000 during the 72 hour period means 70 successes per hour or 35 each hour in the EU and NA both. At four per hour, that's roughly 8 instances running successful Blitzes during each hour of availability.

On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I believe want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal. In addition, it's clear that a lot of people still aren't aware of what it takes to speed up the fight to get gold.

It actually says bosses killed rather than blitzes completed so you only need 833.3 blitzes.

I stopped caring about the event after I realized I misread the rewards. I thought it was a Celebratory Dye Pack rather than Celebration Boosters.

They're adding the loot that should've been rewarded from this activity since the beggining, now.The zephyrite boxes should've been a reward for Blitz/ Gauntlet, wich have virtually non-existant reward other than "sense of acomplishment", wich is great as a one-time trick, but terrible for replayability.

Other than that, OP's problem is Anet trying to get ppl to participate in the festival because he thinks ppl don't know how to play the game well enough, lol.

Listen to me boi: If the rewards was decent, this festival would've seen a lot more organized groups, with 6 tags per map and people that don't have the amount of knowledge you think it's enough to play with you would just have to follow instead of listening to randoms.

Unless the scaling is being altered as part of this event attempting to participate could very well reduce everyone else's rewards for their effort. If I want to play something where going after an objective means negatively impacting other players..there are other games that do competition over open world objectives better.

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't understand? What's your issue?

Not like it's their fault players aren't the smartest in groups

If anything this might get people to use their brains again because if the event ends it might as well end with a bang, right? I think we can reach that goal easily

It seems to me that if you want to reach this goal, what is required is not brainpower but a willingness to participate. As the event is both difficult to complete for gold credit and unrewarding even if you do, there's little reason to waste your time on it outside of receiving daily credit. Unfortunately, killing a boss for daily credit is usually a mindset that is detrimental to achieving gold in this event. Why even bother?

They're not going to give us a single supply chest. That would be silly.

It's a neat little bonus and killing 5000 bosses really isn't difficult at all. Don't even care if people zerg them down, every bronze is still 6 bosses. Keep in mind that none of this alters the way you play at all and you only need to participate in a single one to get rewards if it does happen. So why are people against free stuff now?

@Blocki.4931 said:I don't understand? What's your issue?

If anything this might get people to use their brains

I envy your outlook on things :) This festival really has changed my mind a lot on challenging/organized open world content. Anet should really refrain from throwing together more invested and bad players together in such events, it will only frustrate both.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Without a visible bar showing progress towards this 5k goal it's a bit meaningless and also misleading.5k boss kills means 834 successful boss blitz events, or about 11.6 BBs per hour for the 72 hours that the event will last.The rewards are insulting too.

You can't say the rewards are insulting when none of them have any numbers attached to them... In either way it's free stuff for little effort. Groups that can get Gold BBs can get like 5 of them in a single hour. You can start the next one before the race is even finished btw. I think you guys underestimate how many maps there are

@Blocki.4931 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Without a visible bar showing progress towards this 5k goal it's a bit meaningless and also misleading.5k boss kills means 834 successful boss blitz events, or about 11.6 BBs per hour for the 72 hours that the event will last.The rewards are insulting too.

You can't say the rewards are insulting when none of them have any numbers attached to them... In either way it's free stuff for little effort. Groups that can get Gold BBs can get like 5 of them in a single hour. You can start the next one before the race is even finished btw. I think you guys underestimate how many maps there are

I haven't seen a single gold event this year.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

I haven't seen a single gold event this year.

Most events I've seen finish with 6 minutes on the Silver timer, so 2 minutes longer than a gold finish.

Okay so if each blitz (and race) lasts only 15 - 20 minutes that allows 18 - 24 bosses per hour. Thus if a single IP does 3 blitz runs / hour that yields 1296 boss kills over the 3 day period. This means that 5 active IPs doing 3 BBs / hour will yield over 6000 kills...if Crown Pavilion is even more active then the 5000 boss kill goal should be easy to obtain. In truth if there are say, 18 IPS that only manage 2 BBs per hour that will still cover all of the boss kills needed in a 24 hour period.

So all we have to do is show up, get our daily blitz or work towards our 10 blitz achievement if we haven't gotten it yet, and we get credit. Really easy. Honestly this is a great way to close out the celebration!

@Ashen.2907 said:Unless the scaling is being altered as part of this event attempting to participate could very well reduce everyone else's rewards for their effort. If I want to play something where going after an objective means negatively impacting other players..there are other games that do competition over open world objectives better.

You can go for the objective and not impact others negatively. Getting gold is based around that.

Archived