opinion on pin snipe?

Sovereign.1093

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but if an enemy group does it to you, do you do the same?

What goes around comes around I guess... nothing more satisfying seeing a guild crumble scattering like roaches because their driver got sniped. Boo hoo. Good guilds have backup commanders; keep it together.

Is this like the "we only want fights" server, who literally shows up within 5 seconds of all your tactics being trolled? Or the group that complains that arrow carts are too strong so they can't attack a structure because of them (because it should only take them 1 minute to flip anything and siege slows down their karma train)? Sure, if the driver is a streamer and all people do is pinsnipe to troll the streamer, yeah, that is kind of douchey. Killing the opposing force leader though is no different than placing open field siege, the game rules allow for it, and all is fair in love and war. There is nothing wrong with playing tactically, but having to log in to another server to drain their keep of supply so you can attack it isn't tactical, it's juvenile and shows lack of skill or confidence.

simply, when they do it to you first. pin snipe

on the note of those using all tacs dropping and capping sieges, meh... the time such a player have must be so much.

but, in that instance can be a different topic in the future.

@"Ubi.4136" said:Is this like the "we only want fights" server, who literally shows up within 5 seconds of all your tactics being trolled? Or the group that complains that arrow carts are too strong so they can't attack a structure because of them (because it should only take them 1 minute to flip anything and siege slows down their karma train)? Sure, if the driver is a streamer and all people do is pinsnipe to troll the streamer, yeah, that is kind of douchey. Killing the opposing force leader though is no different than placing open field siege, the game rules allow for it, and all is fair in love and war. There is nothing wrong with playing tactically, but having to log in to another server to drain their keep of supply so you can attack it isn't tactical, it's juvenile and shows lack of skill or confidence.

could be true. works but not as fun

for some reason in all 6 years for most zergs peoples movement gives away the driver. while we seem to depend on that driver, its too difficult for us to get orientation for positioning with something different like squad markers i guess, those we have for quite a while now..if you would move based on some markers for example, you wouldnt even notice as much if the driver dies, the driver could aswell be anywere in the zerg even a caster that just sending his melee units ahead.so yeah, pin sniping cant be too bad as we would have changed the way we play if it would affect us too much, cause we are not stupid!

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:Literally solved with using more stealth. =/

do you mean to say, your group when the opposing team seeks to pin snipe, go stealth and continue without sniping back?

No. I mean you literally throw a scrapper in the commander's party with sneak gyro or veil/mass invis in their party too. Heck I will even accept blasting smoke fields (lol).

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

do you mean to say, your group when the opposing team seeks to pin snipe, go stealth and continue without sniping back?

No. I mean you literally throw a scrapper in the commander's party with sneak gyro or veil/mass invis in their party too. Heck I will even accept blasting smoke fields (lol).

so you do snipe back?

hiding the com is good even the team. so i understand that part since we do that if our mes is online or our dd.

Sniping during fights isn't a huge issue. People even solve it with just tonics on people with the same profession (and they're cheap). However, on TC we spot people on characters on maps (even still in enemy guilds) tag watching on the maps. It's easy to find out when that's happening too. Tags will split up and go weird paths for things and suddenly a ZERG! Commander turns off tag and suddenly we're like ninjas and people don't find the groups until we hit an objective.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

so you do snipe back?

hiding the com is good even the team. so i understand that part since we do that if our mes is online or our dd.

You can snipe back. I don't care, but only bad comps fracture due to sniping. (You can argue less comfortable players falter as well)

D:

Pin sniping is a legit tacit, is it fun? Not for the one being sniped, but this is a war style combat mode, it's about being effective. As stated, a good team will have backups ready. Last, but not least, the last midsized guild I was in for fights did this, because we always ran into map blobs, and we had 20ish, the only way you are going to win those fights are finding the pin and taking them out, everyone else had very little skill and no back ups, they depended on numbers only. Still lost a lot, as those kinda numbers hurt, but we did win a number as well, and you could always tell when they noticed the tag was dead, it was like someone turned on the lights and everyone started scattering.

@"Zephyra.4709" said:

but if an enemy group does it to you, do you do the same?

What goes around comes around I guess... nothing more satisfying seeing a guild crumble scattering like roaches because their driver got sniped. Boo hoo. Good guilds have backup commanders; keep it together.

"We need to find the leader. Mangalores don't fight without their leaders......"

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Not sure what is meant by this, finding the driver is pretty easy, half the time its a charr glowing bright orange/yellow.

Yeah. Tbh, ages ago (I quit for ~3 years), when we fought BG we would Moa-snipe (this was before specializations) commanders constantly! Didn't really have much "utility" besides making their drivers super angry, but it worked!

we've always tried to make it easy for the opposing team to see us. and it is fun when a dh tries to pull you atleast 30 minutes. but i guess most would do the same and pin snipe.

@Handin.4032 said:Sniping during fights isn't a huge issue. People even solve it with just tonics on people with the same profession (and they're cheap). However, on TC we spot people on characters on maps (even still in enemy guilds) tag watching on the maps. It's easy to find out when that's happening too. Tags will split up and go weird paths for things and suddenly a ZERG! Commander turns off tag and suddenly we're like ninjas and people don't find the groups until we hit an objective.

i always wondered why people tag watch. 2 accounts?

you guys from tc?

anyhu,

to extend the discussion

will probably just op to continue the stealth if in regroup to refresh.

@Handin.4032 said:

@"iKeostuKen.2738" said:Not sure what is meant by this, finding the driver is pretty easy, half the time its a charr glowing bright orange/yellow.

Yeah. Tbh, ages ago (I quit for ~3 years), when we fought BG we would Moa-snipe (this was before specializations) commanders constantly! Didn't really have much "utility" besides making their drivers super angry, but it worked!

happy to report was only moad 2 x this week. but there is this one dh who just does nothing but f1 pull.

makes me wonder what the longest pull would be.

@Sovereign.1093 said:we've always tried to make it easy for the opposing team to see us. and it is fun when a dh tries to pull you atleast 30 minutes. but i guess most would do the same and pin snipe.

@Handin.4032 said:Sniping during fights isn't a huge issue. People even solve it with just tonics on people with the same profession (and they're cheap). However, on TC we spot people on characters on maps (even still in enemy guilds) tag watching on the maps. It's easy to find out when that's happening too. Tags will split up and go weird paths for things and suddenly a ZERG! Commander turns off tag and suddenly we're like ninjas and people don't find the groups until we hit an objective.

i always wondered why people tag watch. 2 accounts?

you guys from tc?

anyhu,

to extend the discussion

will probably just op to continue the stealth if in regroup to refresh.

Yeah TC. We've had both NSP and Mag tag watchers during NA prime time fairly often. It's pretty obvious when it happens too if a commander runs tagless and SUDDENLY the zergs don't find you every where anymore!

Effective, but somewhat unsportsmanlike.

If you make the opposing commander quit and their group disperses and logs off, sure.. you "win". I guess if you enjoy running around empty borderlands, that's a good strategy..

but most who still play WvW prefer that the opponent keep coming back for fights, so pin-sniping is frowned upon. Obviously, you can't stop individuals, but the groups I run with don't do it.

Archived