Dyes to match Auric weapons

@"Khisanth.2948" said:That is going to depend on the specific armor piece and which part you are trying to dye.Good point. When I posted I thought all metal surfaces would dye in the same way, but that doesn't seem to be true. I was trying to dye Adept Armour so that the gauntlet/shoulder pad/belt match the colour of the metal on the weapons, and the glow on/around them matches the glow on the weapons.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:have you tried Golden Lion ?I think I did and it was too yellow - the Auric weapons have a slight green tinge.

@"Seteruss.4058" said:This one seems good to both leather and metal. Not full match but seems ok.Except if you want to match the glow of the weapon

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gold_Fusion_DyeThanks, it seems pretty close on most things, but not the armour I'm trying to dye (which seems to have some weird interactions with some dyes). Antique Gold ended up being closest, though it doesn't have the green tint. I did actually match the glow - can't remember which dye I used for that now.

When I first saw the Sentinel Outfit I wanted to make an exalted-style character. Took me ages to get the weapons + backpiece. I was so happy when I had all the parts together. And then I started to look for a good dye set >_>.

This is the result of hours of try-outsbPoB1kc.jpg1 Beige2 Orange Shade3 Autumn4 Mint Breeze

The most funny part about this, all dyes are cheap. This is a phenomenon I came across with a lot of sets I dyed over the years. The best colors are not the expensive ones. Good luck!

Try using the dye picker at gw2bltc. For example, here are close matches on metal to gold fusion

Instead of starting with an in-game dye, you can also take a high-quality screenshot then use an eye dropped tool in any decent paint/drawing program to get a good match from the auric weapons. Use that to start your search.

Caveats:

• computer colors are determined using three numbers and the tool only looks across the average of the three. You might have to look further down to find an option appropriate to your needs.)
  • some dyes will show richer hues or better reflections than others. It's hard to predict sometimes.

Good luck and please let us know what you end up choosing.

Thanks @HnRkLnXqZ.1870, @Illconceived Was Na.9781, and @"Ashantara.8731" - I used a combination of all three suggestions, and ended up with Rawhide being the best match (for this particular armour set), with Mint Breeze for the glow. After some more testing, it seems Beige, Mudmetal and Cashmere are all good matches on certain armour sets as well. All are very cheap. Ironically, the dye called Auric is doesn't seem close at all. My mistake before was only trying dyes in the yellow category, not the brown ones.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Great! Glad you got it sorted (and thanks for letting us know which colors worked).

Yep, I second that.

I'm always surprised (and my wallet is a little annoyed) to discover that some of the cheap dyes are better matches with some skins.

Me too. There are certain dyes that are expensive only because of their rarity and nothing else. The price doesn't say anything about its worth otherwise.

Archived