My Necromance build.

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I would like for some thoughts on my build I made for me. What I like about this class is having an army of minions under my common to do damage and keeping enemies off me. For it, I chose Death magic, of course, to give me toughness that gives me power and minion to still do damage even after there died. The Second one is the Reaper as it seems to be the most popular spac for the Necromance. The third one is the one I'm having trouble section. I right now have blood magic because I remember someone tells me that a good spec. I don't mind doing some healing but I want to hear thoughts on the other specs Now the gear I chose for me is the axe for it my favorite weapon and focus since is skill work with Reaper. I use the Minstral ones as there seem to have everything for this build and I have the Chill sigil and Demon Summoning one for an extra minion to control. As for armor, I want with Cleric for the healing power and the Reaper sigil but I'm willing to change them if anyone has better one. The Accessories one I use is the knight ones. That whet I come up with. So what do you guys think and any suggestions on it?
gw2skills.net/editor/?vRIQNAndRnM0AN1gd1AebCs3glpBLOEWCfhSDgTWAYaEcBqAA-jxhBQBDc/hHpEMf6bYwpUwTq/sFlfA4JFAA-e

Spite seems the most reasonable traitline to add to those considering you are using power-based weapons and that traitline increased the damage in that vein. I'm not really sure why you are using Minstrel weapons, as the concentration stat is basically worthless to you in general. If you want to go this tanky-healing route, you can keep blood I guess, though I would switch Vampiric Presence with Life From Death for that bonus heal when you leave shroud. You haven't really stated a goal for the build in general, so I was just thinking on the themes suggested in the build itself.

@Ceit.7619 said:Spite seems the most reasonable traitline to add to those considering you are using power-based weapons and that traitline increased the damage in that vein. I'm not really sure why you are using Minstrel weapons, as the concentration stat is basically worthless to you in general. If you want to go this tanky-healing route, you can keep blood I guess, though I would switch Vampiric Presence with Life From Death for that bonus heal when you leave shroud. You haven't really stated a goal for the build in general, so I was just thinking on the themes suggested in the build itself.

Well, I mainly want to use the minions on this and the ax in this class. And I have hare that Repaer is a good spec. So, the blood one is just a filling spac as I don't know what the other specs focus on. Well taking into what you siad. I'm thinking of switching the weapons with Crusader

With this build you can do open world pve, but nothing else. It gets you through every simple pve solocontent, but you wont be wanted in any group content.

For open world you can do whatever you want.Blood gives you more sustain while spite gives you more damage. You can choose what you want

it is a bad idea to rely on minions for damage. They are utility, not damage. Using minstrel that has 0 stats for dishing damage is another no-go, twice that on necro. Necromancer is designed for hybrid stat sets such as Crusader or Valkyrie - sets that offer good offense and good defense at expense of precision, that necro (especially reaper) doesn't need that badly, since he has tons of free crit chance from traits.

Minstrel is for dedicated healers, that literally don't need damage because their party will do that for them. Necromancer is not a healer, least not a dedicated one. Closest you'll get to healer role is scourge but even that is considered offensive support (that means you're expected to do damage while providing support). Only absolute, dedicated healers such as druids or water tempests should touch minstrel.

Archived