Petition: Exposed Weakness Change

alejandro.2093

ever since its change it has given PvE thieves cutting edge damage on instanced content of PvE, but hurts the PvP/WvWvW damage to some extent.

what i propose is a middle ground,currently if you have 10 unique conditions on an opponent/mob/enemy it gives out 20% damage modifier,

the new effect that I would like to see is to give back the base 10% modifier and add 1(one) Percent damage modifier on each unique condi,so the resulting effect eg. 10% from base, and 10% from ten unique conditions thrown = 20% damage

past 10 unique conditions will have some diminishing effect on the proposed new effect, eg 11 condi on the new one will have 22%, with my proposed one 11 condi will have 21%

Addendum:Can they also add a Condition modifier on this so make condi Daredevil a little bit more deadlier

With Deadeye, you get that 10% boost after Marking your target. Exposed Weakness just grows from that point. In a way, the thing you are proposing is already in the game and it's much better since it grows at 2% rate instead of your proposed 1% rate.

If you don't use Deadeye, then you are making a conscious decision of sacrificing damage for whatever it is you want to take as a replacement (e.g. mobility).

Also, with your proposal, it will break the Thief since it will get 20% damage boost by simply Marking the target (10% from iron Sight + 10% from EW) plus it will also grow from there -- it's broken.

EDIT: for clarity

Split PvE from PvP and WvW.PvP & WvW at a fixed 10%. Boring fix, but an easy and proven one.

Can't say I really notice(d) too much of a difference in damage loss in either PvP or WvW though. I did notice the damage increase in group PvE scenarios though.Could we also make Blinding Powder Instant-Cast again..? Take back the Stability for all I care.It still feels like they've dumbed down Thief gameplay with that little change.

• 3 weeks later...

While it may be buffed in raid/group instances, it is nerfed in solo and pvp instances for the most part.

I would personally go for something like a 3% more damage per condition on the target up to a max of 15% (or something along those lines, please don't get hung up on the exact numbers). Something like a baseline with more damage as more conditions get added wouldn't be a bad idea either. I just want the trait to be at least noticeable and healthy but not necessarily overbearing.

Archived