Basket Brawl

I hope everyone has been enjoying the Festival of the Four Winds, I have enjoyed it a lot and it got me thinking about the games summer activities. A while back Anet released a new activity Basket Brawl. I wanted to ask, have I just missed when it makes its way through the activity rotation? I admit I don't pay much attention to the activity unless it's a daily. But I highly enjoyed basket brawl. I was expecting them to bring it back, but since this festival started I haven't seen or heard mention of this activity.

Odds are I just haven't noticed it, but what do you all think?

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a 2 week thing. It was more of a live beta test thing and since it didnt really work very well, they obv decided to give up on it

I was always under the impression they were going to bring it out every year like a seasonal thing. I felt it worked out fairly well, why did you think it didn't work out well?

@Alimar.8760 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a 2 week thing. It was more of a live beta test thing and since it didnt really work very well, they obv decided to give up on it

I was always under the impression they were going to bring it out every year like a seasonal thing. I felt it worked out fairly well, why did you think it didn't work out well?

If my hazy memory serves, it was not well received due to fiddly controls, poor physics, no rewards, ap or friend link up (like any activity) and it was very, very buggy. I think the intention was to reintroduce it regularly, but only if feedback and participation was positive enough. Neither were.

Again, i could be misremembering, but that is my recollection. Full info is on the old forums if someone wants to dig it out

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Alimar.8760 said:A while back Anet released a new activity Basket Brawl.

I must have missed it. The only reference I've ever seen is boy in the Desert Highlands, who wants to play basket brawl but can't because his ball got stuck up on a tree. You can help him free it with your Springer, which I found quite amusing. :)

Spoiled brat doesn't even thank you either. I let him suffer now. Shouldn't have thrown the ball up in the tree -- again. Dumb kid.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I must have missed it. The only reference I've ever seen is boy in the Desert Highlands, who wants to play basket brawl but can't because his ball got stuck up on a tree. You can help him free it with your Springer, which I found quite amusing. :)

Spoiled brat doesn't even thank you either.

That is true. I was like, "Gee, you're welcome!" ;)

I let him suffer now. Shouldn't have thrown the ball up in the tree -- again. Dumb kid.

LOL!

Archived