Where are the skilled WvW fights?

Chasind.3128

Disclaimer: I'm not bragging, I'm complaining; hence what forums are for.

My WvW guild group has moved through servers, dropped in tier(s) just to find fights. We don't care for PPT, it's not fun and the only time we attack towers is to lure out groups.So far, we're stuck in tier 1, which all other BL's do is hide behind siege or get an entire map q to blob because anything organized would require brain function.Groups dodge our time zone now because they don't want to fight us. Or if they do, they just pirate ship.

WvW feels like an arid desert as far as skilled fights go.

Do you like GvG/Organized fights? Or only PPt? In what tier/ server have you found/ seen the most fights? As in descent fights where people won't bottleneck behind siege.

I'm not talking about pugs. They're only good for absorbing damage anyway. I'm talking about Wvw Guild groups.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Chasind.3128 said:Disclaimer: I'm not bragging, I'm complaining; hence what forums are for.

My WvW guild group has moved through servers, dropped in tier(s) just to find fights. We don't care for PPT, it's not fun and the only time we attack towers is to lure out groups.So far, we're stuck in tier 1, which all other BL's do is hide behind siege or get an entire map q to blob because anything organized would require brain function.Groups dodge our time zone now because they don't want to fight us. Or if they do, they just pirate ship.

Do you like GvG/Organized fights? Or only PPt? In what tier/ server have you found/ seen the most fights? As in descent fights where people won't bottleneck behind siege.

Rather than complaining about servers and Tiers, why don't you make a weekly thread asking about fights in the EoTM arena?

Or are you also looking to stomp unorganized PUGs with your optimized and comp'd group? So fair, right?Begone.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Chasind.3128" said:

Rather than complaining about servers and Tiers, why don't you make a weekly thread asking about fights in the EoTM arena?

Or are you also looking to stomp unorganized PUGs with your optimized and comp'd group? So fair, right?Begone.

Way to assume things & since you didn't read anything I posted or atleast didn't comprehend it, I'm talking about large enough guild groups that hide behind siege

: "Or are you also looking to stomp unorganized PUGs with your optimized and comp'd group? So fair, right?"So, Do you think stomping pugs is actually fun? it's not. It's as bad as ppl who only ppt. Get triggered somewhere else. This isn't tumblr, friend :bleep_bloop:

@Chasind.3128 said:

Way to assume things & since you didn't read anything I posted or atleast didn't comprehend it, I'm talking about large enough guild groups that hide behind siege

: "Or are you also looking to stomp unorganized PUGs with your optimized and comp'd group? So fair, right?"So, Do you think stomping pugs is actually fun? it's not. It's as bad as ppl who only ppt. Get triggered somewhere else. This isn't tumblr, friend :bleep_bloop:

Seems I hit a hot button there, sorry to hurt your feelers! I noticed you conveniently ignored my suggestion of actively seeking fights by taking the time to contact other guilds and set something up in EoTM. Not everything can be dropped in your lap because you want it so. Put in some effort, please. B)

@"SoV.5139" said:I dont see fight guilds avoiding other fight guilds. I do see PPT folks and PUGs avoiding fight guilds.

I do see "Fight Guilds" avoiding pugs behind siege. Fight guilds these days have this delusion that they're the 300 spartans fighting underneath a darkened sky of persian arrows. In reality, they're just waiting to stack with a persian army to ajam or blob down defenseless women and children that are just trying to farm their nodes.

@shiri.4257 said:

@"SoV.5139" said:I dont see fight guilds avoiding other fight guilds. I do see PPT folks and PUGs avoiding fight guilds.

I do see "Fight Guilds" avoiding pugs behind siege. Fight guilds these days have this delusion that they're the 300 spartans fighting underneath a darkened sky of persian arrows. In reality, they're just waiting to stack with a persian army to ajam or blob down defenseless women and children that are just trying to farm their nodes.

for the nodes!

@Turk.5460 said:

Seems I hit a hot button there, sorry to hurt your feelers! I noticed you conveniently ignored my suggestion of actively seeking fights by taking the time to contact other guilds and set something up in EoTM. Not everything can be dropped in your lap because
you want it so
. Put in some effort, please. B)

Noone said anything about things being dropped in my lap, please show me where i said thatNoone said i want to kill pugs, pls show me where that was because I couldnt find it.Or do what you do best, and assume things bc you get offended easily :bleep_bloop:

@Artaz.3819 said:If you want to run a fight guild, you need to transfer to worlds where there are competing fight guilds. It's that simple. That's the ANet model for making WvW profitable. The repetitive PPT week one-up one-down fest is for the cheaper masses.

See, that's the thing. We do that and then the fight guilds start avoiding our timezone which was once heavily populated v,v

@Turk.5460 said:

this should be a thing. eotm thread for server a b and c =)

@Chasind.3128 said:Disclaimer: I'm not bragging, I'm complaining; hence what forums are for.

I'm not talking about pugs. They're only good for absorbing damage anyway. I'm talking about Wvw Guild groups.

Which guild are you in that is having this problem? I'm sure there are some that would be more than happy to help you with the fight problem.

There is no place with "skilled fights", that would be like paradise, so it's in our dreams. You have to search & contact other groups who are looking for same things, then one or both groups transfer, and with 1 up 1 down can happen that you have to keep moving every week.

Once upon the time in NA, tier 2 was the place for this, but was destroyed by another movement of players, who wanted more PPT matchup variety.

Now it's a constant moving, or enjoy "fighting" whatever you met (if anything).

@"Tiawal.2351" said:There is no place with "skilled fights", that would be like paradise, so it's in our dreams. You have to search & contact other groups who are looking for same things, then one or both groups transfer, and with 1 up 1 down can happen that you have to keep moving every week.

Once upon the time in NA, tier 2 was the place for this, but was destroyed by another movement of players, who wanted more PPT matchup variety.

Now it's a constant moving, or enjoy "fighting" whatever you met (if anything).

once up a time the matchup variety destroyed the facade that "fight tiers" were actually comprised of fight guilds. they just had more guilds in general, most were just as incompetent as those in wood league.

@Chasind.3128 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Because somehow pug servers dont want to get farmed against fight guilds that have bandwagoned in one linked server.

I'm not talking about pugs though

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... tier 1 NA? Because one of the servers is farming the other two, and that server hasn't gotten transfers in months.

Again, which server?

Archived