1 up 1 down needs to go asap

b ranger b.9348

@Brian.1289 said:this week is a perfect example of servers avoiding playing a decent match in t1 and mag tanking not to play in t2,and what alliances will look like under 1 up 1 down. going down tiers for super easy fights is killing any life left in the game mode

Mag it's likely because of coverage, though they were in first and solidly second before it became possible for BG to drop from T1

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Mag it's likely because of coverage, though they were in first and solidly second before it became possible for BG to drop from T1

Was logged in last evening on both EBG and Mag home BL - emptier than my heart. I'm on FC so could be coverage, could be Mag super-secret tanking Plan #1 which we are not privy to. ;)

MAg has exactly 3 guilds that run 15-20 people for raids ROLL (FC) VR and EZ all NA guilds and 1 SEA guild that runes like 12 guys WE, how do you expect mag to get to t2 when mag+FC dont even que any maps during NA prime i mean sure w could get there if we wanted and actually tried to PPT but why tho? we dont have the numbers to fight anything in T2 or T1 outside EBG and even then it would be a 20 man group+ 20 thieves and ranges who have no clue what they are doing vs 30-40 man Blob guilds like Agg or KEK or SF shit like that who run alongside another guilds effectivelly becoming a 60-70 man guild fully comped up with meta classes, that is 0 fun to fight against tbh, just skill lag and 10FPS ty but no ty.

PST don't get me wrong we are up for the challenge of fighting bigger guilds and server we are just not going for all the overtime and tryhardism needed to get there since we don't have natural coverage and the rewards of getting there are not really rewarding, we just dont care whatver tier we go we go and that is it fam, nobody on mag really gives a shit.

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

Was logged in last evening on both EBG and Mag home BL - emptier than my heart. I'm on FC so could be coverage, could be Mag super-secret tanking Plan #1 which we are not privy to. ;)

Now I wasn't suggesting anything.... :smirk:

Glicko matches got stale, and the switch to a skirmish based system meant in many tiers it was mathematically impossible to get a different matchup. To get over this, the GMs had to manually manipulate Glicko to end bad matchups.

The one-up-one down corrected most issues, with a new match guaranteed every week, and the ability to quickly adjust matchups based on server populations.

if all good players go there, you'll have no one to fight. so dont stack on one server.

instead, check servers based on timezone and try to go to one who does not have a fight guild on your time zone

example server A has sea team and your sea, dont go there.

if you are a fight guild. do not stack with similar timezone guilds.

@...........

Now I wasn't suggesting anything.... :smirk:

I think I've actually caught Mag-Pox whilst being paired with them - I too now don't give a toss about ppt. ;)

In all honesty though it genuinely just seems like coverage and, as someone else has astutely mentioned, Mag blobs tend to consist of an organised core of 15-20 with 20+ headless chickens back-pedalling from the front line whilst combo-ing static fields!

was fun earlier. so i salute. i had to like tag on tag off because irl obligations but, i do hope to be paired against you mag players.

yesterday at the siege of sm, was fun. and today to. but you have that sqr something guild that keeps f1 pulling me with the dh. hehe.

today though, we do outnumber you guys a bit, and i think when i gave tag to kriff, our pugs multiplied.

but again irl obligatiins :/

@"Brian.1289" said:going down tiers for super easy fights

going up or down tiers is about fights or PPT? why would anyone interested in fights start to PPT?

1 up 1 down with skirmish Victory Points vs. Glicko based tiers, both are about PPT. More match variety vs. more balanced matchups, since with 1u1d one has to transfer every week in order to fight group X (nobody does that)

"fights" may happen & should, in any tier, it's not like higher tiers have "better fighters", just more PPT coverage

The actual problem, that should be fixed first, is that the population coverage is concentrated on 3-4 servers (the players moved there because the rest of worlds are "dead"), we barely can have 2 tiers in NA with current activity numbers.

The time has come to remove tier 3 & 4, merge into 2 tiers of 6 worlds. If there are cries after dead & empty worlds, anytime can be added a "dead tier" of 3 servers with a single free transfer option there, but the vast majority want to play with players & against players, not cap things from NPC.

^ all that is about NA servers only

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@"Brian.1289" said:going down tiers for super easy fights

going up or down tiers is about fights or PPT? why would anyone interested in fights start to PPT?

1 up 1 down with skirmish Victory Points vs. Glicko based tiers, both are about PPT. More match variety vs. more balanced matchups, since with 1u1d one has to transfer every week in order to fight group X (nobody does that)

"fights" may happen & should, in any tier, it's not like higher tiers have "better fighters", just more PPT coverage

The actual problem, that should be fixed first, is that the population coverage is concentrated on 3-4 servers (the players moved there because the rest of worlds are "dead"), we barely can have 2 tiers in NA with current activity numbers.

The time has come to remove tier 3 & 4, merge into 2 tiers of 6 worlds. If there are cries after dead & empty worlds, anytime can be added a "dead tier" of 3 servers with a single free transfer option there, but the vast majority want to play with players & against players, not cap things from NPC.

^ all that is about NA servers only

one tier at a time. =')

cant wait for the manual adjusting of tiers once alliance is out.

@Brian.1289 said:this week is a perfect example of servers avoiding playing a decent match in t1 and mag tanking not to play in t2,and what alliances will look like under 1 up 1 down. going down tiers for super easy fights is killing any life left in the game mode

Just let us know what big shot guild you're in and the time zone huckleberry.

@Doo Lally.8594 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:

Unlike other servers, Mag's "coverage" deficiency isn't about time zone, it's about time of the week:

Reset through following Wed -- high coverageThu/Fri -- everyone disappears

Guess everyone on Mag works 2 x 24 on those 2 days.

All I know is Mag was solidly ahead until the last 18 or so skirmishes, then suddenly placed 3rd for almost the entire final 24 hours enabling them to drop behind NSP. You can call it "coverage", but I have a very different word for it.

This the same observation made months ago.Mag tanking as an entire server once again.I tell ya, mag pug commanders must be super happy they have a mass of players that can follow orders so easily and readily as to when to play and not to play.....loud continuous snickering can be heard hereOr I dunno maybe Mag's 6 hour k-train commander doesn't operate 7 days a week.

One up/down needs to stay. The glicko roll of the dice was awful -- imagine, CD, a t4 server by skill and pop rising up to t2 from one week to the next facing Mag or SoS and so on -- it doesn't go well.

Glicko was not designed for this small number of servers and was not the appropriate solution.

Archived