The problem with a 2v2 or 3v3 pvp team fight mode

Cheeseball C.8395

ALOT of people are trying to create ideas for a mode they think will be "good" for the pvp community but there is a big worry that comes to me and that is the fact that for every mode there is, there will be a "meta" and i'm sure it will make the mode unfun. In wvw, one of my friends mained firebrand and i happened to main necro and we 2vX a bunch of thieves mesmers warriors everything and they complain hate pms about how boring it is to fight us. We should know by now that most ppl will lean towards the optimal way of winning even if the meta isn't fun.

The meta will be extremely restricted though. Because there are far less roles to be played like side noders and +1s... so I do agree with the OP.

Implement it. Let it be tested for a while. But I very very much doubt it would be suitable for a competitive scene.

But: Why do people desperately want to simplify PVP? I would love new maps, I would love things like a (proper) stronghold, capture the flag... but a simple 2on2 with no thought, no map awareness and no secondary mechanics? I don't think that will entertain a lot of people for a long time.

It's not as simple as people wanting to simplify PvP. People just want something new to do. Anything besides the same old conquest that we've been restricted to. I'm sure the same people proposing 2v2's would also like a capture the flag, guild vs guild, proper stronghold, king of the hill, proper duels, and any number of different things that could be done.

Part of me wonders if people have been simplifying their requests so much because we haven't gotten anything, so even asking for the smallest scrap of a bone would be a big deal to them.

IT Will be hard to balance, harder then IT Is Now.Capture thé flag Will be avaliable ONLY for quickest classes, Thief Mesmer, And unplayable fór Slow classes, king of thé Hill Is thé same problém. I get that Mesmer,ranger,war,ele And Guard can play these modes esiely but remaining classes arent good at everything like those i wrote.

But sure it will be super fresh and fun to play something new. But balance.

Problem with Circle quest Maps are this big |....................................................................| but 3 little circles |....| is all that matters. It's super boring to have to spam aoe on little circles and if your melee be hit by constant aoe in the little circles. Too boring and that's why circle quest had no chance at competitive gameplay even esl laughed them out. Gw1 at its current state could have a better esl chance then gw2 due to circle quest . Builds will not just be healer/___ (usually the claim is scourge). unlike circle quest 2v2 3v3 or any tdm is more skilled based then just spam heals all day. I'll bring my reaper and own both fb and scourge in one go lol.

Archived