It's time to bring Amalgamated Gemstone to Desert

phs.6089

Amalgamated Gemstones are a HoT item, used for HoT rewards. I doubt very much if ANet is inclined to bring them to the desert, for any reason. I wouldn't mind seeing desert-items/currencies buffed for certain events, e.g. more ways to obtain mosaics.

PS was there some reason you didn't want to type out the name in the title? I doubt many people know that by "AMG" you mean Amalgamated Gemstone. (The wiki doesn't use the abbreviation, for example.) Even my preferred shorthand, AmGem, has to be explained first.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Amalgamated Gemstones are a HoT item, used for HoT rewards. I doubt very much if ANet is inclined to bring them to the desert, for any reason. I wouldn't mind seeing desert-items/currencies buffed for certain events, e.g. more ways to obtain mosaics.

PS was there some reason you didn't want to type out the name in the title? I doubt many people know that by "AMG" you mean Amalgamated Gemstone. (The wiki doesn't use the abbreviation, for example.) Even my preferred shorthand, AmGem, has to be explained first.

FYI it's used for Funerary Incense https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Funerary_Incense

Dunno, we call it AMG in my guild. Thought it's a well used abbreviation

@phs.6089 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Amalgamated Gemstones are a HoT item, used for HoT rewards. I doubt very much if ANet is inclined to bring them to the desert, for any reason. I wouldn't mind seeing desert-items/currencies buffed for certain events, e.g. more ways to obtain mosaics.

FYI it's used for Funerary Incense

Dunno, we call it AMG in my guild. Thought it's a well used abbreviation

But I'm also pretty sure you can also make them out of Gem stone orbs...... which you get from Oric nodes, and are consistently easier to find on POF maps, along with guaranteed rich nodes in each map. Ancient wood is also a lot more common on POF maps.

They were added prior to HoT, so logically the can't actually be "HoT items".

Given their use in the Gift of Desert Mastery, and the complete lack of need for HoT to make them in the MF, I think adding them to the PoF metas is completely valid.

@Late For Tea.1846 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Amalgamated Gemstones are a HoT item, used for HoT rewards.

Gen 2 Legendaries aren't "HoT rewards". If they are required for legendaries released since PoF, they should be obtainable in PoF.

The PoF recipes for the legendaries do not use Amalgamated Gemstones. The only occasion where they would be used by players who own PoF would be in the crafting of Eternal Sands, a core item, or the Glorify the Golden Heart achievement, which requires five of them.

It would be in poor taste to give players who own only PoF an item which is nothing but TP fodder for large events. The price of Amalgamated Gemstones has been dropping over time, and there's no need for additional supply. If you'd like to have PoF events be more rewarding, perhaps choose an item which would be useful to a larger group of players; it'll have a better chance at being implemented.

Of course, only now do I dig down deep enough in the wiki to find Funerary Incense.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:They were added prior to HoT, so logically the can't actually be "HoT items".

They were added with HoT, though. At least I thought they were.

Episode 7 of season 2 they were added if wiki is correct. They were used to make the Eternal Sands focus.

I dont remember them pre hot either but they are listed as being around since dec 2nd 2014, presumably obtained only via the orb etc method.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:They were added prior to HoT, so logically the can't actually be "HoT items".

Episode 7 of season 2 they were added if wiki is correct. They were used to make the Eternal Sands focus.

I dont remember them pre hot either but they are listed as being around since dec 2nd 2014

Oh yeah! I forgot all about that focus.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I dont remember them pre hot either but they are listed as being around since dec 2nd 2014

Oh yeah! I forgot all about that focus.

Seems almost everyone does ;)

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

They were added prior to HoT, so logically the can't actually be "HoT items".

Given their use in the Gift of Desert Mastery, and the
complete
lack of need for HoT to make them in the MF, I think adding them to the PoF metas is completely valid.

On the other hand it seems like making the weapons via PoF is intended to suck given the extra timegating.

PoF also has more t6 nodes which means potentially more "orb" type stuff to turn into AGs.

They really shouldn't.

A very quick glance over at AG's shows that they dropped over 50% in value just by adding 4 daily sources just to HoT's metas. There's no reason to add them to PoF for this reason alone as it's pretty safe to say that at best people only do 2 of those meta's with any regularity. Adding more sources will only cause that trend to continue and the value to tank to the point that any items crafted with them also lose out on the cost investment that the item is meant to have.

Instead people should start crafting.

Archived