Why Does Winds of Chaos Have to Move So Slowly?

Emberstone.2904

@DraconusShade.4590 said:Wouldn't staff be exceptionally good at melting away mobs with the amount of conditions it applies with a faster projectile speed?Faster speed equals faster bouncing and more number of bounces in a given period of time.I would like a faster AA though, absolutely adore the staff

Not by a large margin and not where it would be particularly impactful either. And it wouldn't necessarily mean more bounces overall. It'd be the same number of casts, but the total amount of bounces and conditions would stay the same.

@DraconusShade.4590 said:Wouldn't staff be exceptionally good at melting away mobs with the amount of conditions it applies with a faster projectile speed?Faster speed equals faster bouncing and more number of bounces in a given period of time.I would like a faster AA though, absolutely adore the staff

@EpicTurtle.8571 said:

Not by a large margin and not where it would be particularly impactful either. And it wouldn't necessarily mean more bounces overall. It'd be the same number of casts, but the total amount of bounces and conditions would stay the same.

Exactly. It actually says on Winds of Chaos's tooltip "Bounces: 2." So that's already hardcoded.

A faster projectile speed would merely make it feel less clunky. I can't imagine it having much of a PvP impact either as Winds by itself isn't particularly impactful.

@Emberstone.2904 said:

Exactly. It actually says on Winds of Chaos's tooltip "Bounces: 2." So that's already hardcoded.

A faster projectile speed would merely make it feel less clunky. I can't imagine it having much of a PvP impact either as Winds by itself isn't particularly impactful.

By a single Mesmer, no... have a group of Mirage's cast the spell with an improved projectile speed and then you have a problem...

A group of Mirages just using staff is just asking for projectile reflects. Not to mention you'll rarely get matched with a group of mirages and if you're talking about WvW, nothing balancewise that isn't massive screen destroying aoe's matters.

Plus that logic can be applied to any skill. Much less a fairly underwhelming auto attack.

@DraconusShade.4590 said:

By a single Mesmer, no... have a group of Mirage's cast the spell with an improved projectile speed and then you have a problem...

I'm still not seeing the problem.

Archived