PvE Legendary Armor Dye Issue

Obligatory thread

What a wonderful thing it would be, if we got some info from devs about fixing dyeing of PvE legendary armor.

https://imgur.com/vu0tVvr

As you can see on the picture, darker dyes tend to get silver-ish and more vibrant dyes look washed out.

The most "true" dyes are on 1st, 3rd and 9th image (Mistlock Sanctuary, Hall of Monuments and character selection screen). But even on those, shadow abyss dye is too silver-ish.

It's kinda sad that the darkest dye (shadow abyss) looks like silver on Divinity's Reach map (image no. 8).

Another splendid thing would be dyeable armor effect, just like the WvW legendary armor chest piece one.

If not, at least give us a word about it being finished and never look back so we can stop dreaming :(

Dyeing the armor is really only kinda working with either extremely bright/dark or vibrant colors. Even then the issues the OP mentions are there. It gives the armor a distinct look that I got used to by now but I still see it as an issue not a feature. An update would be nice.Unfortunately ANet doesn't rework armors or dye channels a lot. Overall, if it wasn't for the "prestige" I would probably reskin the armor on my main(heavy).

Archived