Bought the garden plots, kinda regretting it.

Trae.2384

My sole reason for buying them was to craft elixers but I must say being able to make 1 set of 2 hour elixers every other day seems awfully shiesty. I think the 12 hour elixers every other day would have been more reasonable, or at least a set a day of the ghetto 2 hour version's. First gem purchase in over 3 years here I completely regret.

@Trae.2384 said:My sole reason for buying them was to craft elixers but I must say being able to make 1 set of 2 hour elixers every other day seems awfully shiesty. I think the 12 hour elixers every other day would have been more reasonable, or at least a set a day of the ghetto 2 hour version's. First gem purchase in over 3 years here I completely regret.

You can always email support and ask for a refund.

I have them and really enjoy it. I change the seeds depending on needs or/and on sales price at TP. For example, for now, I have 2 x 4 cloves, and I sell to TP all what I get in excess of one stack, what is a nice little daily income.For me, it was clear from the first that the gardening is only once per 24 hours. I seem to recall that it was in the description? I had therefore no bad surprise on that side.

Generally, for everything that is on shop, I recommend to first check all details, for example in Wiki, or by asking in map chat to hear from those who already have it, before to invest. :)

Like said by Artemis above: You can try asking a refund. Worth it I would say. Good luck.

Oh no id never ask for or expect a refund on an item like this, Im kind of just throwing this out there for others that might think of this as a good way to get elixers, it's not. A 2 hour set every other day for 2000 gems is silly. As far as planting stuff thats most profitable I dont really care about that, I have plenty of gold, every legendary I want already made, except the wvw armor, and stockpiles of stuff Ill never even use so my main reason was for the convenience of the elixers. I think the elixers should be significantly longer of a duration though, or let us farm way more of the mats daily thats all, like i said in the beginning it feels shiesty . Will it ever happen, probably not but for that amount of gems it should be worth a little more.

@Trae.2384 said:Oh no id never ask for or expect a refund on an item like this, Im kind of just throwing this out there for others that might think of this as a good way to get elixers, it's not. A 2 hour set every other day for 2000 gems is silly. As far as planting stuff thats most profitable I dont really care about that, I have plenty of gold, every legendary I want already made, except the wvw armor, and stockpiles of stuff Ill never even use so my main reason was for the convenience of the elixers. I think the elixers should be significantly longer of a duration though, or let us farm way more of the mats daily thats all, like i said in the beginning it feels shiesty . Will it ever happen, probably not but for that amount of gems it should be worth a little more.

You know that the Glyph of Bounty works with them?You get up to 4 strikes with it.

Put a Glyph of Bounty in your Tool and it becomes worth it.

This morning i got from 2 Garden Plots 28 Flowers and thats a low roll.

You can boost that even more with boosters.

Believe me. Its worth it when you know how.

Agreed,I got them because i wanted more truffles for raid foodTruffles are one of the few items they locked out.why?

I can understand having 8 truffle nodes would impact the economy but..1) We paid BIG gems for it2) Ye could’ve made them special nodes with a limit of 2 if ye’re scared they’ll impact the economy

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Agreed,I got them because i wanted more truffles for raid foodTruffles are one of the few items they locked out.why?

I can understand having 8 truffle nodes would impact the economy but..1) We paid BIG gems for it2) Ye could’ve made them special nodes with a limit of 2 if ye’re scared they’ll impact the economy

Borh Orrian Truffles and Snow Truffles already have home instance nodes. The garden plot can't grow anything that already has a node.

@Trae.2384 said:Oh no id never ask for or expect a refund on an item like this, Im kind of just throwing this out there for others that might think of this as a good way to get elixers, it's not. A 2 hour set every other day for 2000 gems is silly. As far as planting stuff thats most profitable I dont really care about that, I have plenty of gold, every legendary I want already made, except the wvw armor, and stockpiles of stuff Ill never even use so my main reason was for the convenience of the elixers. I think the elixers should be significantly longer of a duration though, or let us farm way more of the mats daily thats all, like i said in the beginning it feels shiesty . Will it ever happen, probably not but for that amount of gems it should be worth a little more.

When they first came out, one of the elixirs (I forget which one) DID last 12 hrs and it was really nice. However, it was quickly nerfed back to 2 hrs. I'm guessing since Anet figured it might impact their gem store item. But I do agree, 2hrs is really short, maybe 4hrs would be a nice compromise. But at least these can be planted with other items and yes the glyph of bounty works on them (for now).

The only real purchase I ever really kicked myself on was the black lion Hunter board.

@artemis.6781 said:

When they first came out, one of the elixirs (I forget which one) DID last 12 hrs and it was really nice. However, it was quickly nerfed back to 2 hrs. I'm guessing since Anet figured it might impact their gem store item. But I do agree, 2hrs is really short, maybe 4hrs would be a nice compromise. But at least these can be planted with other items and yes the glyph of bounty works on them (for now).

The only real purchase I ever really kicked myself on was the black lion Hunter board.

Lets say you have 2 garden plots and only want the Utility Primer,.You get 1 Primer each day.

With the Glyph of Bounty you can get almost 2 Ult. Primer each day.

One 12h Util. Primer cost 150 gems(43.5g)

The Garden Plots costs 2000 Gems(576.6g) and gives you 2-4h Util. Primer each day.

For 2000 Gems you get 156h of U. Primer.

So after 40 days the garden plot is better.

I love them as I don't have to deal with annoying zones to harvest what I want. Right now I can get all the saffron thread I want without getting mobbed by the dead. The hunting board is the one I think needs tweaking as it feels lack luster getting 1 or 2 items. If they'd increase it to say, maybe a stack of ten with just one or two, I'd be a bit more happy with it.

@Trae.2384 said:My sole reason for buying them was to craft elixers but I must say being able to make 1 set of 2 hour elixers every other day seems awfully shiesty. I think the 12 hour elixers every other day would have been more reasonable, or at least a set a day of the ghetto 2 hour version's. First gem purchase in over 3 years here I completely regret.

I was unaware that they were only 2 hours, I assumed they would be 12 hour exlirs like the gemstore, I was recently thinking to buy a plot but now I definitely won't be, thanks for the info, you saved me a lot of gold.

@miraude.2107 said:I love them as I don't have to deal with annoying zones to harvest what I want. Right now I can get all the saffron thread I want without getting mobbed by the dead. The hunting board is the one I think needs tweaking as it feels lack luster getting 1 or 2 items. If they'd increase it to say, maybe a stack of ten with just one or two, I'd be a bit more happy with it.

The main thing that would make me buy the Hunter's Board in a heartbeat is to make guests to the home instance able to use it at least in some way. 1200 gems for an upgrade my partner cant use when going through our home instances? Nope.

Let guests recieve a single mail after interacting, not the continual daily that the owner gets.

@Vavume.8065 said:

I was unaware that they were only 2 hours, I assumed they would be 12 hour exlirs like the gemstore, I was recently thinking to buy a plot but now I definitely won't be, thanks for the info, you saved me a lot of gold.

And that was the entire point of this, glad I could help.

Also to the other guy, I will def put an order for that glyph and stack boosters on a toon to use just for that, thanks for the idea.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Lets say you have 2 garden plots and only want the Utility Primer,.You get 1 Primer each day.

The Garden Plots costs 2000 Gems(576.6g) and gives you 2-4h Util. Primer each day.

Don't forget to factor in the price of the glyph of bounty, as it wasn't a free glyph you could've chosen when they released them.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

Don't forget to factor in the price of the glyph of bounty, as it wasn't a free glyph you could've chosen when they released them.

Im using the glyph of bounty sickles you buy for 7k karma and this method is awesome, with bounty sickle and boost some plants you can hit 3 times, excellent tip I will be doing this daily from now on. Still wouldnt recommend the garden plot if you want them for elixers unless they significantly extend the measly 2 hour durations on these.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

Ok, its now 230g but you only need one.Bought mine for 145g.

They have the specs listed on the wiki for the garden plot and primers. It's an option for those who don't want to but the gemstone ones. They last as long as needed for most stuff. I would check the wiki or dulfy on new stuff before dropping gems on it. The dye unlocks I thought would be good but I didn't have any to unlock... Bummer

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Honestly even if it was 50 gold I wouldnt buy it, I have more karma than I'll ever spend so buying the glyph of bounty disposable sickles for 7k karma using 1 every other day is fine for this purpose. My regular world gathering tools are alrerady setup how I like them so this glyph would be used for 20 seconds a day. I tell you what though I cant thank whoever gave me the tip to use the booster/glyph of bounty setup though, much much better results, I feel like I get a proc on most plants and probably half the plants I can hit 3 times for 2 mats each time. Makes up for the pathetic duration given to these elixers a tiny bit.

@Trae.2384 said:

Im using the glyph of bounty sickles you buy for 7k karma and this method is awesome, with bounty sickle and boost some plants you can hit 3 times, excellent tip I will be doing this daily from now on. Still wouldnt recommend the garden plot if you want them for elixers unless they significantly extend the measly 2 hour durations on these.

Thanks for this, I had no idea these karma tools existed. Been eyeing up the glyph of bounty on the TP, but now having seen these disposable tools it makes much more sense, because apart from the home garden the rest of the time I prefer glyph of industry anyway.

Now I can just swap to this harvesting tool for the home garden and use my normal one with industry everywhere else. :)

Can't wait till they unlock the third garden plot - plan will be to grow 3 of each plant and on average make one of each primer per day.

The Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup is currently at the price point of 1.5g. If use only the garden for the primers then that is 70 silver every day (you can also use the glyph, 50% booster + banners + stuff to increase this a bit).

I got the garden because that is actually a fair return and a bit of security if food prices ever changes towards even more expensive taste. It does however depend on me actually needing to use expensive foods such as raiding for +10hrs per week, gvg, cm fractals or other activity where cheaper food feels cheap. With only one plot I am getting more primers each week than I use, so I would never recommend buying more than 1 unless the player is extremely dedicated to high end content and spends days each week needing very expensive food or utilities.

@Trae.2384 said:

Honestly even if it was 50 gold I wouldnt buy it, I have more karma than I'll ever spend so buying the glyph of bounty disposable sickles for 7k karma using 1 every other day is fine for this purpose. My regular world gathering tools are alrerady setup how I like them so this glyph would be used for 20 seconds a day. I tell you what though I cant thank whoever gave me the tip to use the booster/glyph of bounty setup though, much much better results, I feel like I get a proc on most plants and probably half the plants I can hit 3 times for 2 mats each time. Makes up for the pathetic duration given to these elixers a tiny bit.

WOW, I had no idea! TYSM!

Archived