Recent small patch = unstable game.

I've never had any issues with GW2 over the years until today. Whatever the latest mini-patch did it has caused severe instability issues in my game. I have up-to-drivers, I have restarted my computer, I have installed nothing since besides that recent update. No other software is interfering, i.e. AV. Now I get a crash within 5-10 minutes of being in game. No client warnings or error info given, it just disappears, within the blink of an eye. No system crashes.

Temps are fine and always have been. Video drivers are the same as before it became unstable.

System info:

Windows 10 64 (I haven't installed any Windows updates recently).Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.8GHz (it is not an OC issue, I can assure you - plenty of Voltage, good LLC, fairly moderate overclock - all other games are stable).2x8GB DDR4 3200.Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB.SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850w PSU. Plenty of juice.The game is installed on Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

As I said, nothing has changed on my end within the last week (if not more), and all I know for certain is of the launcher downloading a few files here and there this morning. The game worked fine yesterday and I know that something was downloaded through the launcher today. Whatever that something was, it doesn't seem to agree with my system. I did a quick search and others are having issues, though some of their issues seem to indicate launcher problems (which I don't have). Will these be investigated?

Is anybody else having similar problems to me since the last update?

:smile:

I am not 100% sure but for some reason something within GW2 was not whitelisted in my AV. It was before. I can only assume that something changed in GW2 and the AV reconginised that and removed it from my whitelist (safe programs) or my AV screwed up. It may also have something to do with some silly audit program in Windows 10 that silently dies in the background quite frequently (according to reliability monitor).

I've been away from the PC for a while today and when I came back I played an hour and have had no issues whatsoever. So it seems that all is running fine now.

I did check event viewer, couldn't find anything. Shame I couldn't read the crash.dmp in the GW2 folder, would have been nice to know the cause.

Anyway, all is well now. :)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Peace.

Good to hear that. Maybe your AV safely removes whitelisted applications if their binary image has changed. Otherwise someone could just replace your whitelisted programs with malware.In case you're interested, judging from the filename, the dump GW2 creates can be opened with the WinDbg debugger.

Archived