Endure Pain -still- bugged...

In WvW, since the changes to Invulnerability, I have been using Endure Pain instead of Berserker's Stance. The skill now grants full damage immunity, to both power and condition damage. Except life siphoning abilities.

This bug has existed for a long, long time, as evidenced by this old thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/1075/bug-warriors-endure-pain-is-bugged

This is clearly not intended. I am dying even with Endure Pain active, and see in my combat log that life draining abilities are still getting through and damaging me. This is quite a big deal and seems to have been ignored (surely not unnoticed?) for some reason.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:@"ProverbsofHell.2307" Is it something silly like life-steal being classed as neither direct ("power") damage nor condition damage? (That was certainly the case in GW1, where damage-reduction and similar effects had no effect on life-steal skills.)

That sort of thing is seen against many PvE mobs. Might even be responsible for some events breaking.

On the other hand most life steal can be rated as "barely tickles".

Archived