[Suggestion] Using "Legendary Trinket" skins/auras on other characters

Umut.5471

I have two constructive ideas to achieve this;

1. Easier solution: Make accessories, rings and amulets transmutable like back items so we can apply the look of "Aurora" to any other Earring. Just like we can apply the look of our legendary back items to another back item.
  2. Make legendary trinkets appear on every character's trinket slots since you can't craft duplicates for your other characters, make it "one for all" solution. Add a show/hide checkbox for them so if people don't want the aura on other characters, they can hide it. In example: Put Aurora to an accessory slot and it will appear on all characters' accessory slots. But you can select the stats for every character and hide/show the aura by marking/unmarking the checkbox.

One of them can be a good solution since we'll have more legendary trinkets in the future.

I think this sort of thing has been suggested quite a few times before. I totally agree that adding some word of wardrobe system for trinkets/infusions would be a great idea, especially as I like to see people being encouraged to play their alts. Also many people would like to hide aurora and just use it for the selectable stats.

That said, you would have to consider whether you want players running around with 2 auroras and all the extra glow. Maybe this is something we want to avoid (or not, many love making their characters extra shiny) but it seems quite difficult to implement only transmuting one of the accessories.

An infusion wardrobe is something I would personally like but how would you implement stacking auras without damaging the prestige of running round with say 6 chak egg sacks... I don't like the appearance of multiple auras myself but if you simply said one of each aura only (which would solve the aurora issue) I guess the players who like to transform their characters into swirling mists of visual cash would be pretty disappointed.

So yeah, awesome idea but I no idea how it would be implemented. Would be great to see anet look at the system at some point.

As much as I would have liked to see the wardrobe solution, considering there are so many trinkets with iconic names that never get used because of the related stats that version will likely never happen. I can remember a DEV somewhere mentioned that wardrobe addition for the trinkets would be hard/impossible to do since the wardrobe tracks not the item itself but rather the art. Meaning it does not track eg. the Greatsword "Eternity" but the ingame art known as "Eternity". Since trinkets (even legendarys) do not have an ingame art objet - the aura seems not to be such - they cannot really be tracked by the wardrobe. The DEV in Question added though that a solution to make the Legendary Trinket effects available to other characters of the account might be available in the future. I do not remember who said that and where but it might have been a recent reddit AMA or something.

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm not a native speaker so I might make quite a few mistakes.

@"Lilith Hellflower.4015" said:As much as I would have liked to see the wardrobe solution, considering there are so many trinkets with iconic names that never get used because of the related stats that version will likely never happen. I can remember a DEV somewhere mentioned that wardrobe addition for the trinkets would be hard/impossible to do since the wardrobe tracks not the item itself but rather the art. Meaning it does not track eg. the Greatsword "Eternity" but the ingame art known as "Eternity". Since trinkets (even legendarys) do not have an ingame art objet - the aura seems not to be such - they cannot really be tracked by the wardrobe. The DEV in Question added though that a solution to make the Legendary Trinket effects available to other characters of the account might be available in the future. I do not remember who said that and where but it might have been a recent reddit AMA or something.

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm not a native speaker so I might make quite a few mistakes.

Thanks, that's really interesting to hear especially as I have a tendency to overly role-play my characters in open world: I'll quite often go with trinkets I feel fit the theme of the character rather than stats if I'm not specing for group content. Also your English is great; certainly no need to apologise!

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"perilisk.1874" said:If it's hard to do for technical reasons, maybe they could just have a tonic vendor who sells tonics that produce the same effect (unlocked once you get the relevant legendary)?

then you have the problem of tonics interfering with mounts

also 15m timer

I just tried using a Selfless Potion, and it works fine with mounts. Also lasts up to an hour, unless cancelled out. So, whether or not it's formally a "tonic", they can definitely create gizmos that add a little cosmetic effect.

Archived