Splits need to happen between WVW and pve.

Axl.8924

Its clear some issues in spvp are different, but pve should not be hit with nerfs because of pvp.

Nerfs from pvp and WVW are ruining the game because of QQ

So I was thinking of a idea:What if spvp and wvw shared the same mechanics? like the sigils thing and all that?

IMO its actually the complete opposite.

sPvP need to be the baseline for both WvW and PvE, with PvE mobs adjusted to fit the new sPvP balance. The only thing that would differ is the regular free amulets in sPvP (its "structured" after all) while PvE (WvW) has freeform gear with eqvivalent sPvP stats.

That way we get uniform balance. Both roamers and zergers will cry regardless about how their main class is weak and everyone else is OP, but at least then we dont have this absolutely ridiculous 3-way split that adds so much work on Anet that I dont think they can control it.

PvE is broken cause of wvw... How? If this is another "my weaver doesnt do 50k dps anymore", disguised as "pls make wvw another spvp variant (as if spvp is balanced ROFL)", then... No. Some difference exists.Scourge cooldowns are different in pve and pvp/wvw,for example. Dhuumfire as well. Would you care to elaborate as to what exactly is the issue, OP?

Because necros are getting pve nerfs because of pvp QQ, and the problems that exist in WVW aren't something that exist in pve simple.

The issue of boon corrupt? mostly an issue in WVW because of large groups of necros who can spam it and corrupt all your boom for area bombs.

In pve its useful for fractals at high level.

People QQ about thief and their unload attack and all that, and i'm no master so i won't speak about it, but there is a huge issue with nerfing diversity.

People are already QQing about deadeye and wanting it nerfed for pvp, but if ANET isn't careful this might kill Deadeye.

Many nerfs happen because of pvp and the QQ and crying, and there is plenty of salt happening on the spvp side of toxcity.

People cry about mesmers for instance and eles.I main now a tempest.

Sure some nerfs are hit towards pve but plenty are pvp related.

I think this would be a great idea to make sure eles get their deserved balance.I heard eles have trouble in pvp for instance, well there must be a way to balance it and in WVW without making it overpowered in pve no?

For instance cant the mechanisms be split for each mode so such changes are ensured to not harm? maybe its too difficult to pull off? anyone got answers?

@"Dawdler.8521" said:IMO its actually the complete opposite.

sPvP need to be the baseline for both WvW and PvE, with PvE mobs adjusted to fit the new sPvP balance. The only thing that would differ is the regular free amulets in sPvP (its "structured" after all) while PvE (WvW) has freeform gear with eqvivalent sPvP stats.

That way we get uniform balance. Both roamers and zergers will cry regardless about how their main class is weak and everyone else is OP, but at least then we dont have this absolutely ridiculous 3-way split that adds so much work on Anet that I dont think they can control it.

+1

Man I miss the balancing pre-hot.

@Axl.8924 said:Because necros are getting pve nerfs because of pvp QQ, and the problems that exist in WVW aren't something that exist in pve simple.

The issue of boon corrupt? mostly an issue in WVW because of large groups of necros who can spam it and corrupt all your boom for area bombs.

People QQ about thief and their unload attack and all that, and i'm no master so i won't speak about it, but there is a huge issue with nerfing diversity.

People are already QQing about deadeye and wanting it nerfed for pvp, but if ANET isn't careful this might kill Deadeye.

Name the necro pve nerfs, please. Because, as far as everyone can tell, necro gets nerfs in PvP and WvW. If you talk about epidemic (which was nerfed in pve because of raids, and raids alone) or weaver damage (again, pve issues cause it was dominant for far too long). And, as far as i can tell from your posts, you have low understanding of some classes. Pve dictates balance, mainly raids. Not wvw,sorry.Also, necro boon corrupts line is a vanilla thing. Not new. Scourge still has booncorrupting in pve. And Anet added the spellbreaker. Maybe you should reconsider some things

@Axl.8924 said:Many nerfs happen because of pvp and the QQ and crying, and there is plenty of salt happening on the spvp side of toxcity.

People cry about mesmers for instance and eles.I main now a tempest.

Sure some nerfs are hit towards pve but plenty are pvp related.

I think this would be a great idea to make sure eles get their deserved balance.I heard eles have trouble in pvp for instance, well there must be a way to balance it and in WVW without making it overpowered in pve no?

For instance cant the mechanisms be split for each mode so such changes are ensured to not harm? maybe its too difficult to pull off? anyone got answers?

You main a tempest in which mode? Wvw? Not great, because overloads really have a hard time hitting. You play heal boon tempest? Obsolete, with firebrand existing. You play pve tempest in T4 or end game content? Low dps. In open world it is fine. In PvP, as far as i can tell from the pvp forum, it is mediocre. And please, PLEASE keep in mind that pvp and wvw are complete different modes. A meteor shower or lava font nerf is irrelevant in PvP, and HUGE in wvw. Same goes with most skills.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Axl.8924 said:Because necros are getting pve nerfs because of pvp QQ, and the problems that exist in WVW aren't something that exist in pve simple.

Name the necro pve nerfs, please. Because, as far as everyone can tell, necro gets nerfs in PvP and WvW. If you talk about epidemic (which was nerfed in pve because of raids, and raids alone) or weaver damage (again, pve issues cause it was dominant for far too long). And, as far as i can tell from your posts, you have low understanding of some classes. Pve dictates balance, mainly raids. Not wvw,sorry.Also, necro boon corrupts line is a vanilla thing. Not new. Scourge still has booncorrupting in pve. And Anet added the spellbreaker. Maybe you should reconsider some things

Boon corrupt nerfs happened because of wvw and spvp.

Yeah epi was nerfed because of raid but a lot of nerfs towards how sand shroud happeend because of the function in spvp and WVW and QQ.

I main tempest mainly only for pve i did in past but i quit it becase i don't have the newest expansion.I thought tempest was a viable healer? I heard it was pretty viable as a healer.

@Axl.8924 said:

Boon corrupt nerfs happened because of wvw and spvp.

Yeah epi was nerfed because of raid but a lot of nerfs towards how sand shroud happeend because of the function in spvp and WVW and QQ.

Name ONE shroud nerf in pve that happened cause of wvw. Please. So we can know what we talk about.

@Axl.8924 said:The one involving boon and condi corrupts were alot of crying, and lots of bombing, or maybe its spvp hard to know.Both are highly vocal in both areas.

Kind suggestion: whenever you feel like making a post about balance, make concrete arguments. Being vague makes your points invalid, at best. You also claim you dont have PoF. How can you suggest balance changes, if you have not seen the classes yourself?If the issue is about tempest, and MS nerf making the class worse, wvw has nothing to do with it. Same with epi nerf and scourge. Wvw doesnt dictate balance changes in pve. The opposite happens a lot. So, in the best way i can say this possibly, be more informed next time. Have fun!

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sand shade pulses

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

If you mean this, in oct 2017 update:Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.

It was overpowered in pve.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sand shade pulses

If you mean this, in oct 2017 update:Manifest Sand Shade: Fixed a bug that allowed strikes from this skill to hit from multiple sand shades on the same target.

no, this 1February 06, 2018

Added a 0.5-second warning to enemy players on each shade and on the player when activating a shade skill.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

Added a 0.5-second warning to enemy players on each shade and on the player when activating a shade skill.

your raidbosses now evading your shade skills as they see that circle?

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

Hardly gamebreaking or affecting balance in pve whatsoever.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sand shade pulses

It made it so that support scourges have to precast a precast.

@MUDse.7623 said:

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

No, the mechanic behind the skill has never changed.

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

No, they don't have any AI that makes them move out of aoe skills. Other aoes with very obvious tells aren't affected by this either.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

I honestly have not seen ONE player drop scourge because of that change in shade abilities. Or any actual dps loss.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

Sand shade pulses

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

I honestly have not seen ONE player drop scourge because of that change in shade abilities. Or any actual dps loss.

consider me your 1st them ;) @ topic, are you opposed to splitting balance between the game modes?

@Sephylon.4938 said:

Sand shade pulses

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

consider me your 1st them ;) @ topic, are you opposed to splitting balance between the game modes?

while he wants a greater split between PvE and WvW, wich is fine he somehow demands sPvP and WvW to share the same. so he asks for 2 different things. while i dont care about more splits for PvE, i dont see a reason to give WvW an sPvP balance as the encounters are different in the builds facing each other, the numbers, the envoirement and the context within the mode.

@MUDse.7623 said:

Sand shade pulses

Sand shade pulses

Those that move, yes

while he wants a greater split between PvE and WvW, wich is fine he somehow demands sPvP and WvW to share the same. so he asks for 2 different things. while i dont care about more splits for PvE, i dont see a reason to give WvW an sPvP balance as the encounters are different in the builds facing each other, the numbers, the envoirement and the context within the mode.

What i know is:Yes there are differences that are obvious in pvp and WVW such as more folks throwing condi bombs and zergs and stuff, but a lot of stuff share similarities and could be balanced in such.Huge amounts of condi corrupts from 1 single person is bad news either way because:If its in spvp and you have huge AOE condi bombs you end up with control points.

In WVW you can still control points in zergs

Archived