Satisfaction Guarantee for Gem-Store purchases?

Zaraki.5784

With very few exceptions all gem store sales are final.

The exceptions are:

• If you buy something you cannot use (like people who bought 16 or more Istani/Desert mount adoption licences - there's only 15 in the set so any more than that are useless).
  • Occasionally if you can persuade support that you didn't know what you were buying (like if someone who only has 1 character, who wears light armour, buys a heavy armour set thinking it's an outfit)
  • Very rarely because Anet has changed the item drastically (like when town clothes were converted to outfits or tonics)

Apparently a lot of items couldn't be refunded because they go into the wardrobe and once they're in there is no way to remove them, even for Anet. So letting you 'try' it and then request a refund would basically be letting you have it for free. And if they did that you can guarantee a lot of people will be buying items and then 'changing their mind' a few days later and requesting a refund.

I wish there was some kind of trial for every appearance item (e.g. outfits, mount skins) that lets you try the item for 10 minutes. These would be seperate items from the actual bought items, and wouldn't unlock in the wardrobe but instead stay in the inventory (and disappear or be deactivated after the 10 minute window). This way you can play around with dyes or just run around to see if it is to your liking. In case of armor skins they could come as lvl 1 statless gear that can be equiped, instead of altering the appearance of exisiting gear. Of course you can only get this trial once per account for each gemstore item, otherwise you can just keep equiping new trial items.

I doubt something like this could be implemented though.

@Late For Tea.1846 said:I wish there was some kind of trial for every appearance item (e.g. outfits, mount skins) that lets you try the item for 10 minutes. These would be seperate items from the actual bought items, and wouldn't unlock in the wardrobe but instead stay in the inventory (and disappear or be deactivated after the 10 minute window). This way you can play around with dyes or just run around to see if it is to your liking. In case of armor skins they could come as lvl 1 statless gear that can be equiped, instead of altering the appearance of exisiting gear. Of course you can only get this trial once per account for each gemstore item, otherwise you can just keep equiping new trial items.

I doubt something like this could be implemented though.

Its called preview use it!!!!!!!

I bought one outfit, the flaming quiver skin, and something else within the first month of starting to play and haven't touched them since month two. I would take those purchases back in a second. Since then I don't buy skins or any other costume items that may be a fad for me.

I tend to focus on account-wide bank tabs, additional characters, and storage expanders.

Archived