Best crafting options?

Roziel.5720

As a mesmer I was leveling weapon smithing and tailoring for my main character, and recently I bought the two crafting slot upgrades. So to round out my mesmer what would people recommend as the best options to self supply and/or make gold? I was thinking jewel crafting and cooking.

Since we get 5 character slots included in the price of the game and each toon can learn two disciplines, I think it's a better value to buy the Mistlock Sanctuary Pass (which allows your characters to return to where they were prior) and just swap for whatever crafting you need.

However, once you have 3 slots, then I recommend:

• Any armor discipline, not already known by another character
  • Any weapon discipline
  • Jeweler, on just one toon
  • Chef, on as many as you like (cheap to master, more convenient/useful on a day-to-day basis)

The reason to get 'any' armor and weapon on each character is that allows you to do your daily ascended refining on each character. There's no real reason to have characters craft their own gear because (a) exotic gear is mostly cheaper from the TP and (b) ascended gear is usually crafted just once per character, as it can be shared after with others.

Jeweler is in sort of a bad spot because unlike other crafting disciplines it was never updated to include Ascended-tier items. It is sort of dead weight as a result since it lacks “endgame” potential.

I’d recommend Artificer for the various “magical” weapons and tuning crystals, personally.

Jewell crafting and Chef are the two least useful. They have no ascended level (i.e. 500) recipes . Chef can at least make useful consumables, but literally nothing Jewellers can make is useful. Between weaponsmith and tailor you can already make all sale-able time-gated mats, so you don't need anything else. SInce you already bought the slots, I'd say go for artificer (to self-equip) and I guess Chef to make lvl 400 food.

Archived