[Suggestion] New shape tag for guild use.

Yuffi.2430

When the new alliances system comes in WvW will become more guild focused for players. I know there has been discussion in the past about separate Guild tags for guild groups, and Anet has said no. BUT when the new system comes in I think it might be time to review this. Guild tags will be needed because the composition of each "world" will change frequently based on guilds (and alliances of guilds).

I suggest a different shape of tag - this has already been done for catmander so it is both possible and someone knows how to code it. Add a Guild Commander Tag option to a guild hall vendor and away you go. Keep the same colours etc just toggle the shape so people can run a clearly guild group. The original tag shape stays for Alliance groups (multiple guilds) and "pug" groups (ie players who are not running with a guild group at the moment).

Thoughts?Or better yet, Anet saying - hey, let's do this!

No, the system works fine as it is right now. Tag up, lock squad, invite only guildies, done. No unwritten rules that "this kind of tag is only for this".

I am in a guild that run a squad almost every day. We have no problems being distinguished as a guild squad. For the few people who ask if they can join squad a quick polite message that the squad is for guild members only however they are free to follow vorks every time.

I don't really see the harm implementing this. Like you said the code is already in place. Not like it would automatically lock the squad using it, it would simply allow players to identify the nature of the group without the extra steps needed today.

Or maybe this is what was intended with the catmander tag - only we didn't get it. Because remember everyone would also have access to the new tag so nothing stopping them from using it otherwise. So technically we already have that tag, we just need to get our community behind it (it's doable, pre HoT most servers managed to agree upon different colors for different squad purposes).

This isn't about locked guild groups - whether the squad is open or not is up to the commander who is tagged. The idea is simply to be able to easily identify a guild group from an alliance group or a pug group, under the new Alliances system.

I agree that servers _used _to agree colours for different purposes, but linking made that harder and with the new build there will not be "server" or "world" voice comms - unless Anet includes that in the update (unlikely). So I expect we will have guild voice comms, and maybe Alliance comms for serious alliances, but nothing that includes all players from all guilds/alliances and non guild players. If this happens then such decisions will probably be within alliances and guilds only.

We could, as a whole community, agree before the update to use catmander tag for guilds only. Somehow I doubt this will happen any more than us all agreeing to use standard icon as pug group and catmander as alliance if we don't get a Guild tag.

Archived