[Skin] - Delusion

Kuulpb.5412

not sure if it's just me, but I love the Delusion skin ( reminiscent of the Jewelled staff from GW1, but gold) and I find it such a shame that it's one weapon skin as a random exotic drop, and ONLY a random exotic drop. - Also since Idk where to put this I'll have a discussion - What do people think of it and should GW2 add a way to get the skin without being lucky randomly?

I was SUPER lucky to get this one from a monthly log-in reward exotic box. I wholeheartedly agree there shouldn't be skins that are pure low-chance RNG only. Exclusive event items are alright, especially as we get most of them available annually (festival items) or later on from special vendors (LS1 stuff).

Anything but RNG though.

Yeah that is annoying, and really random.

I guess it's because it used to drop with Magic Find as one of the stats, back when that was an equipment stat instead of an account bound one, and now it lets you choose the stats. All items with selectable stats are account bound. But it's really annoying that the only way to get the skin is by an account bound random drop.

I think there's 2 possible fixes:1) Give it one set of stats and make it tradable.2) Add another item with an identical skin and non-selectable stats.

Either one would solve the OPs problem while preserving the current situation where stat-selectable items are account bound on acquire.

@Danikat.8537 said:Yeah that is annoying, and really random.

I guess it's because it used to drop with Magic Find as one of the stats, back when that was an equipment stat instead of an account bound one, and now it lets you choose the stats. All items with selectable stats are account bound. But it's really annoying that the only way to get the skin is by an account bound random drop.

I think there's 2 possible fixes:1) Give it one set of stats and make it tradable.2) Add another item with an identical skin and non-selectable stats.

Either one would solve the OPs problem while preserving the current situation where stat-selectable items are account bound on acquire.

Problem is, it was rare as is when it did have magic find, and I was so poor prior to the change I couldn't buy one from TP.

tl;dr Delusion was bugged 5 years ago when its Magic Find stat was removed. While still RNG, it will cost most people "only" 50-100 gold to get it unlocked.

Delusion being account bound is the result of a bug, not intended game design. In fact, it used to be available on the TP. It was one of the pieces of gear that had Magic Find in its prefix. When ANet removed MF as part of gear stats, they updated all items in some way. I believe for blues & greens, the prefix was changed. For rares and exotics, mostly we were able to choose stats from a subset of the tiny number of prefixes available back then.

And in one case, whoever updated the item also made it account-bound-on-acquire. Oops :(For reasons that have never been explained (but we can guess), ANet never changed it.

For what it's worth, I have data from Nugkill (a well-known publisher of data on industrial forging of rares to produce precursors). Delusion dropped 2.8% of the time, when forging four staffs with an average level of 75+.

If you forge 100 times, you have roughly a 94% chance of getting Delusion.If you instantly buy, it will cost roughly 1g per try, so at worst, the skin might cost 100 gold, which is less than a lot of otherwise-hard-to-obtain skins. (And you can save 50% or more by not instantly buying the staffs).

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:tl;dr Delusion was bugged 5 years ago when its Magic Find stat was removed. While still RNG, it will cost most people "only" 50-100 gold to get it unlocked.

Delusion being account bound is the result of a bug, not intended game design. In fact, it used to be available on the TP. It was one of the pieces of gear that had Magic Find in its prefix. When ANet removed MF as part of gear stats, they updated all items in some way. I believe for blues & greens, the prefix was changed. For rares and exotics, mostly we were able to choose stats from a subset of the tiny number of prefixes available back then.

And in one case, whoever updated the item also made it account-bound-on-acquire. Oops :(For reasons that have never been explained (but we can guess), ANet never changed it.

For what it's worth, I have data from Nugkill (a well-known publisher of data on industrial forging of rares to produce precursors). Delusion dropped 2.8% of the time, when forging four staffs with an average level of 75+.

If you forge 100 times, you have roughly a 94% chance of getting Delusion.If you instantly buy, it will cost roughly 1g per try, so at worst, the skin might cost 100 gold, which is less than a lot of otherwise-hard-to-obtain skins. (And you can save 50% or more by not instantly buying the staffs).

I'll be frank - My luck is probably one of the worst when it comes to RNG, over 11k hours no precursor, 105 black lion keys no scarab beetle, the jewelled trident karma vendor is bugged so I can't even get that,

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:I'll be frank - My luck is probably one of the worst when it comes to RNG,

over 11k hours no precursor,While that's sad, it says nothing about your RNG. What matters is how many foes you killed. And, if you're like a lot of people, a lot of your time in-game is spent chatting and forging and so on, and none of that counts.

105 black lion keys no scarab beetle,

Also sad, but not that unusual, unfortunately

the jewelled trident karma vendor is bugged so I can't even get that,I just went there now, not bugged. FYI Vepar isn't the heart vendor, he's a tad to the east of the heart.

I don't want to say that your luck is good (since it's not), but it's not as bad as you think.

I've gotten this at least 5 times since they made it account bound. Twice from the login reward which is account bound regardless.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:tl;dr Delusion was bugged 5 years ago when its Magic Find stat was removed. While still RNG, it will cost most people "only" 50-100 gold to get it unlocked.

because someone forgot to update the drops tables

IIRC waaaay back a non-account bound version without stat selection was data mined which means the item was made and stuff but nobody updated the tables to use the new ID.

@Khisanth.2948 said:I've gotten this at least 5 times since they made it account bound. Twice from the login reward which is account bound regardless.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:tl;dr
Delusion
was bugged 5 years ago when its Magic Find stat was removed. While still RNG, it will cost most people "only" 50-100 gold to get it unlocked.

Delusion
being account bound is the result of a bug, not intended game design. In fact, it used to be available on the TP. It was one of the pieces of gear that had Magic Find in its prefix. When ANet removed MF as part of gear stats, they updated all items in some way. I believe for blues & greens, the prefix was changed. For rares and exotics, mostly we were able to choose stats from a subset of the tiny number of prefixes available back then.

IIRC waaaay back a non-account bound version without stat selection was data mined which means the item was made and stuff but nobody updated the tables to use the new ID.

I vaguely remember that too. It's no longer in the API, if it ever was.Even so, I still wish they would have just ~~unbinded (unbound?) ~~ fixed the binding in the first place.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:I've gotten this at least 5 times since they made it account bound. Twice from the login reward which is account bound regardless.

Delusion
was bugged 5 years ago when its Magic Find stat was removed. While still RNG, it will cost most people "only" 50-100 gold to get it unlocked.

Delusion
being account bound is the result of a bug, not intended game design. In fact, it used to be available on the TP. It was one of the pieces of gear that had Magic Find in its prefix. When ANet removed MF as part of gear stats, they updated all items in some way. I believe for blues & greens, the prefix was changed. For rares and exotics, mostly we were able to choose stats from a subset of the tiny number of prefixes available back then.

I vaguely remember that too. It's no longer in the API, if it ever was.Even so, I still wish they would have just ~~unbinded (unbound?) ~~ fixed the binding in the first place.

On the other hand there are now two Delusions in the API that are both account bound with selectable stats. One is unlinkable in game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kuulpb.5412" said:I'll be frank - My luck is probably one of the worst when it comes to RNG,

over 11k hours no precursor,While that's sad, it says nothing about your RNG. What matters is how many foes you killed. And, if you're like a lot of people, a lot of your time in-game is spent chatting and forging and so on, and none of that counts.

105 black lion keys no scarab beetle,

Also sad, but not that unusual, unfortunately

the jewelled trident karma vendor is bugged so I can't even get that,I just went there now, not bugged. FYI
isn't the heart vendor, he's a tad to the east of the heart.

I don't want to say that your luck is good (since it's not), but it's not as bad as you think.

I was there for over 2 hours and he didn't sell me anything, ( I know he isn't the heart vendor), the dynamic event never occurred.

Archived