Help Needed for a PVE Condi build for CORE Mesmer (no expansions)

Xenic.1387

I don't have either expansion yet. Planning to grab them both in a few weeks, but I don't want to stop playing.

When I'm running around solo I tend to run this (or something very close to it) and do ok. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Core_Mesmer_Power_DPS

I would like to be able to play a Condi role in Fractals and other dungeons / group raids, so that I am more flexible. Everything I see for Condi builds is based off Mirage, which is great but still a few weeks away for me. Can anyone help me with this?

The problem with base Condi Mesmer is it's just too weak to do meaningful damage. In the past it was possible because Phantasms were permanent and would allow you to stack three Duelists for consistent bleeds. Now that it is changed it is almost impossible to make a core condi build for mesmer due to Sceptre being a really bad condi weapon and pistol off hand, while does a lot of damage has a cd way too long. Sceptre clones without Mirage ambush mechanic are just too weak in comparison to Mirage Axe.

So even in condi encounters, Core Power Mesmer would be better than Core Condi Mesmer.

Archived