power mesmer spvp /wvw

EUmad.7645

I am trying power mesmer. I have a great problem... i hate gs. I find it really clunky to use . I know that burst can be really strong but i find gs 5 a terrible defensive skill with all the stability around , so i wanted to play something different. I am playing this old build ( not mine ) for fun. It is not stronger as shatter mesmer but i find it great becouse it has decent damage and great survivability . Am I alone to play this ? I tried gs a lot but i completely miss the outplacing of staff when i use gs so i have gone back to this .
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAW8fnELDlphNqB2qBMMjFijyMASgFCNFqhSzP6z+vH-jJxHQB0rMAAeCAnZ/hAeRAAA

Your build has really a great burst.... 25 of might really fast and a lot of fury .... it makes a really a lot of damage ....

thanks. GS works better as it allow you to punish where sword bit less but you have staff (long ago there were build staff+ sword/torch as power build when GS was weaker) so the idea here is to bait more cd's and than attack with sword and staff (maybe domination is viable to your game style with stun)

have fun

Just go for the mainhand axe/ sword offhand: pistol/torch, add illusionary ambush for being maximum annoying. But if you wanna play power because condi is so boring and ez than this build is the wrong one because almost as lame and ez as condi, only less useful in conquest.

@Kako.1930 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:Oh boi, cynism sits deep inside eles... I love it and I am in!

Lol, they targeted the other slightly less ugly stepchild, the revenant. Let's see if they'll touch their Golden child, the mesmer. ?

No bias, you know. :trollface:

Well, that was rather predictable. And since you wrote this, they will do the same with this one. Except... maybe because I am writing this now... oh my gosh...

I still don't have the expansions so I've been playing base power and struggling in sPVP. I swapped over to the default Condi build and lived longer, did more damage, had more kills, and overall contributed more to my team. I've played 10 matches, lost every one I played with a power build, won every one i played with a Condi build....

@Xenic.1387 said:I still don't have the expansions so I've been playing base power and struggling in sPVP. I swapped over to the default Condi build and lived longer, did more damage, had more kills, and overall contributed more to my team. I've played 10 matches, lost every one I played with a power build, won every one i played with a Condi build....

How do you play ? scepter torch staff dueling illusion chaos with dire and perplexity runes ?

Archived