What GW1 profession do you want in GW2?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, none of these. I feel like they are not unique enough to justify separate profession, especially now that we have elite specs. I love GW1, but you have to understand, that they promise new expansion every 6 months back then. They did amazing job in these timeframes, but I would rather see different approach this time around.

@Ashabhi.1365 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:The only one which doesn’t seem to already be represented by current classes is Dervish.

Actually, I seem to have Dervish-like abilities as a Reaper in shroud. On the other hand, I would give my eye teeth for a Rit.

I take it that you never truely played Dervish in GW1. Yeah, they use scythes, but that's all they have in common with Reaper's Shroud. The main mechanic for the Dervish is Teardowns, and there is nothing close to that in GW2.

The one I miss the most is missing: Assassin! Against what many are thinking, this was very different from the thief we have in GW2 now. I found really so great the concept of the chained skills and we have nothing equivalent now.

Since Assassin in not an option of the poll, I go for ritualist. That was my second preferred profession after mesmer.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:The only one which doesn’t seem to already be represented by current classes is Dervish.

Actually, I seem to have Dervish-like abilities as a Reaper in shroud. On the other hand, I would give my eye teeth for a Rit.

I take it that you never truely played Dervish in GW1. Yeah, they use scythes, but that's all they have in common with Reaper's Shroud. The main mechanic for the Dervish is Teardowns, and there is nothing close to that in GW2.

Boon rip meta says "Hello"

• Necromancer

Among many reasons, my primary one is the ability to maintain an actual pack of minions. I miss creating my personal horde out of the corpses of defeated foes and maintaining them as long as I could via sacrificing my own life and replacing them with fresh minions as I went along.

(Like @Ashen.2907 noted, I'd also be pleased if the Ranger profession from GW1 would make a return to GW2.)

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Oglaf.1074" said:The only one which doesn’t seem to already be represented by current classes is Dervish.

Boon rip meta says "Hello"

Are you talking about ripping boons from others? That was enchantment removal in GW1. Teardown is removing them from yourself, and I think that there is only one or two skills that does that in GW2. Not really the same thing.

Don't need them. Already have those.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:

Mesmer says "Hi", and points to an illusion of her main mechanic building up... which then Shatters.

@Spellshaper.6240 said:Honestly, none of these. I feel like they are not unique enough to justify separate profession, especially now that we have elite specs. I love GW1, but you have to understand, that they promise new expansion every 6 months back then. They did amazing job in these timeframes, but I would rather see different approach this time around.

This is not true. Especially the ritualist is very unique. It has a unique theme and a lot of new mechanics such as urns spirits spirit weapons etc.A lot of ppl compare it with the engineer or necromancer and it’s true there are some similarities but every class has similarities with each other so I don’t think this locks the ritualist out of being an own profession.Imo the chance of paragon and dervish to return are over because if that was going to happen it should have happened with pof.

I think you can't have any of these, they wouldnt fit the game style. All of those classes were defined by their role. GW2 doesn't have that anymore, at least not in that classic sense.

BUT: I would LOVE to see some skills from those classes return into the game. Devish for example was able to transform into specific god themed shapes. And Ritualist could spam ghosts. I loved that. Paragon was more a buff and debuff shouter if I remember correctly, some of our current classes can do that already.

Maybe it's just the names we want to have back. Thief is never as cool as assassin. And Revenant never as cool as Ritualist.

I don't think we need a new profession, the elite system has pretty much anything we could want for.

Beside that, can't we just have new things? Does everything need to be a reiteration of the past? Do we need to revisit every aspect of GW1, while GW1 is still out there for ppl to play?

Archived