[POLL] Current Most Useless Profession? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[POLL] Current Most Useless Profession?

Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭
edited August 14, 2018 in PVP

Which profession is currently the underdog in PvP, in your opinion? Or do you think the balance right now is pretty even across the board? Just curious what everyone thinks. :)

[POLL] Current Most Useless Profession? 273 votes

Warrior
0% 2 votes
Guardian
0% 1 vote
Revenant
14% 39 votes
Thief
4% 13 votes
Ranger
3% 10 votes
Engineer
2% 8 votes
Necromancer
3% 9 votes
Elementalist
56% 155 votes
Mesmer
3% 9 votes
None, they're all pretty balanced.
9% 27 votes
<1

Comments

  • Malafaia.8903Malafaia.8903 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I really want to play my Ele on pvp.
    That's the only class i can't make useful :(

  • Solidaris.5423Solidaris.5423 Member ✭✭✭

    Elementalist
    I would really love Tempest to come back as a support in the game but I guess that won't happen because if a class survives a "one-shot" combo they MUST be nerfed because not dying in 3 seconds is a sin ^^

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Catchyfx.5768Catchyfx.5768 Member ✭✭✭

    Every class is better in something and worst in something(except few you know who classes are best at everything). Yes there are classes which are just better or esier but i think everything is kinda playable, dont remember its 5v5 if you're getting roasted from Spellbreaker just call allies and go fight elsewhere.
    For Ele i like that idea of caster, i like burst in scepter and lastmanstanding sword builds.
    What i hate the most is Soulbeast burst(necro main -_-) no counterplay
    but thats the only thing and I dont thing its the thath huge problem of SB its more of Necro is countered by range.

    Jokaurene

  • pah.4931pah.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    Nah. You just have to work a little harder to be successful.

  • Ganathar.4956Ganathar.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    Compare and contrast
    https://metabattle.com/wiki/Revenant
    https://metabattle.com/wiki/Elementalist
    If revenant is useless, then ele doesn't even exist in this game.

    @pah.4931 said:
    If this was spec-based then I think Renegade might get the vote.

    That's probably true.

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    Useless in every game mode ? What ?

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I always find these threads kinda pointless because it's ultimately all about builds, not professions.

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tails.9372 said:
    I always find these threads kinda pointless because it's ultimately all about builds, not professions.

    It would be if every profession had some viable builds, and then you could specify which build needs the most help, but it feels like you can't really succeed with any build playing a... certain profession. What's worse is that it's actually across the board in not only PvP, but also pve and wvw for this profession lol.

    The comparison is more between the best builds for each profession, and not which profession can have the worst build, really. If everyone plays the best possible build for their profession, do they stand an even chance? It seems like one profession has a significant disadvantage, even when playing their most optimal build available to them.

  • @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    Of course, that must be why the top two ranked players play with the revenant.

  • I've met good elementalist players, maybe it's a class that requires more player skill

  • breno.5423breno.5423 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2018

    W.t.f these guys voting revenant? (I'm almost convinced that 99% of this fórum is filled with silver/gold)
    Herald is the most strong build at the spvp atm.

  • Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele really needs help.
    That weaver side-node build is just a nuisance at best, though it can whittle down some builds eventually. Its basically what druid was (before nerf chains demolished its self-sustain) minus reset potential.

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

    Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

    I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kako.1930 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

    Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

    I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

    But noone is biased! :trollface:

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    @Megametzler.5729 said:

    @Kako.1930 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    Ele by far and if we do not careful this maybe moved as well (the class that should be not named).

    Ele is balanced with fields in mind and soft cc doing something as well one stuns its balanced for 2012 not 2018 gw2.

    I'm hoping it remains to shed light on the situation, especially since I worded it very carefully to avoid it being banished to exile, but it may be sent off to die there just to create the illusion that everything is fine and balanced lol.

    But noone is biased! :trollface:

    Lol, rip to the other thread. It's filled with a bunch of mindless wvw blobbers and pve golem-whackers who are all confused now because they probably don't even know what PvP is. No bias tho!!111!1👍

  • Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tails.9372 said:
    I always find these threads kinda pointless because it's ultimately all about builds, not professions.

    They're pointless because everyone is convinced their own favorite profession is the one Anet has neglected the most.

    Case in point: the OP.

  • I played 12K hours as Ele in PVP

    Ele strongly needs to have more normal "stunbreaks" and it will shine even in cloth armor and low vitality.
    This is very small change but helps a lot.

    Also If Ele will have few active defense abilities it will be way more interesting and fun to play (today just single "oh-kitten-button": "twist of fate").
    If Ele is so squishy and have no blocks, no armor, no passive defense, no vitality, need to give him some ways to survive at least for attentive players...
    I may offer to have this "oh-kitten-button" per dual attunement, today none uses dualattunement since last nerf, so it will add a deep and fun to the fight and it's often available during a fight.

    Alternative way for conditions cleanse will diversify builds a lot. As example "remove condition on each "protection" or remove condition on each "barrier").

  • Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @otto.5684 said:

    Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

    Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2018

    @Buran.3796 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

    Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

    It surely is not L2P. Mesmer is a very effective against rev due multiple evasion tools and reapplication of condis. Though, most of the time rev and Mesmer run in different circles. Mesmer mostly play off point, where rev tends to stay more mid. So, the interactions should be minimized.

    The key for rev strength (and weakness in its absence) is a solid supporting team, with beefy allies. If you have someone to soak damage and deal with mirages and scourges, rev dominates.

  • Coyote.8391Coyote.8391 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele clearly needs the most help. Hopefully the next balance patch will be kind to them.

  • Coyote.8391Coyote.8391 Member ✭✭✭

    @otto.5684 said:

    @Buran.3796 said:

    @otto.5684 said:

    Whoever voted for rev, please wake the hell up. The only reason herald is not consider significantly outperforming, is because condi builds keep it in check.

    Mesmer melts the Revenant, counters it even harder than lb Soulbeast counter the Scourge. Any time I see a Mes in the enemy lines I known that can't afford going far or holding home. Could be a l2p thing, but seing the team with the two Mesmers cut across in the last EU AT put the things clear over the table.

    It surely is not L2P. Mesmer is a very effective against rev due multiple evasion tools and reapplication of condis. Though, most of the time rev and Mesmer run in different circles. Mesmer mostly play off point, where rev tends to stay more mid. So, the interactions should be minimized.

    The key for rev strength (and weakness in its absence) is a solid supporting team, with beefy allies. If you have someone to soak damage and deal with mirages and scourges, rev dominates.

    Another problem is that there really aren't a whole lot of beefy builds left after the removal of so many amulets. The only support build I can think of that's still ok is firebrand, but even then it's rough. The rev could use more personal support to make up for it, probably.

  • Ele could use some love. Lets just hope they dont break kitten to kitten.

    [Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

  • MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ele doesn't need buffs. Ele needs a complete redesign. The traits/attunements mechanic/weapon skills synergy is intrinsically flawed.

  • @Zaraki.5784 said:
    Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

    What? They're meta AF in wvw zergs and any boss that's huge hitbox or Condi..

  • BadMed.3846BadMed.3846 Member ✭✭✭

    Ele is winning somewhere.

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bennypig.6428 said:
    Elementalist is only useful when you really outplayed the other team.

    Which is once on a bluemoon when all planets aligned - you win the lottery/bingo in the same day ...given the matchmaking in this game...it's rather a lot to ask

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

    By mistake voted for Necro.
    Want to explain that my vote should have gone to ELE.
    I will be surprised, disappointed, angry and, lastly, sad if Anet doesn't buff the existing one and aren't designing something that will be in the meta (ELEs 3rd elite spec).
    We really need this and it's not just a rant.
    Every time I play my ele in PvP I got constant bash from my team and the rain of the questions:
    "ELE in PvP?!?! kitten?"

    Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

  • Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @bOTEB.1573 said:
    By mistake voted for Necro.
    Want to explain that my vote should have gone to ELE.
    I will be surprised, disappointed, angry and, lastly, sad if Anet doesn't buff the existing one and aren't designing something that will be in the meta (ELEs 3rd elite spec).
    We really need this and it's not just a rant.
    Every time I play my ele in PvP I got constant bash from my team and the rain of the questions:
    "ELE in PvP?!?! kitten?"

    This is the reality we live in...if ele find itself in a somehow balanced situation..they will shout OP till it get rekted by nerfs....then they shout at you for using an ele and if you lose to their spec...you must l2p..it's sad I know

    -A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ele doesn't do anything that another class cant do better.
    except zerk staff. its da bes lol.

    you don't know till you know, ya know.

  • Coyote.8391Coyote.8391 Member ✭✭✭

    Is there going to be at least a small balance patch to address this soon, or is it just going to be swept under the rug? :/

  • Xillllix.3485Xillllix.3485 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2018

    The ele suffered from way too many nerfs. The class felt rewarding to play back when we had might on cantrips and could use zerk d/d in wvw without melting in 0.1 seconds.

    It's the only case of devs destroying the class I play to the point of sending me play other games and making me uninstall their game.

  • I am beginning to believe that balancing the elementalist is difficult for the devs due to the fact that all weapon sets are fundamentally different, yet the traitlines are not geared specifically to the weapon sets. In today's game ele plays so much slower and clunkier than some of the other classes I like to play. Being rooted during casting is just ONE horrible design flaw. Remove that and ele's would be alot better, JUST THAT ONE MECHANIC.

    If I am playing my staff ele in PvP and I happen to get placed with the right comp it's lights out for the other team. I usually get placed in other less optimized comps. I have often wondered if the match maker has an algorithm that places certain specs into certain comps. On my ele i get alot of "bruisers " on my team. My FB gets placed with alot different setups. When on my my warrior I never see any ele's . just weird.

  • Coyote.8391Coyote.8391 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kathul.1280 said:
    I am beginning to believe that balancing the elementalist is difficult for the devs due to the fact that all weapon sets are fundamentally different, yet the traitlines are not geared specifically to the weapon sets. In today's game ele plays so much slower and clunkier than some of the other classes I like to play. Being rooted during casting is just ONE horrible design flaw. Remove that and ele's would be alot better, JUST THAT ONE MECHANIC.

    If I am playing my staff ele in PvP and I happen to get placed with the right comp it's lights out for the other team. I usually get placed in other less optimized comps. I have often wondered if the match maker has an algorithm that places certain specs into certain comps. On my ele i get alot of "bruisers " on my team. My FB gets placed with alot different setups. When on my my warrior I never see any ele's . just weird.

    Being rooted, long cast times, and having to be facing your target to cast a lot of skills all make ele clunky and weak compared to how fast and smooth everything else is tbh. A lot of skills get canceled mid-cast just by slightly turning the character or trying to move a bit. Here's hoping something changes... Eventually....

  • There is multiple problems with this class, compared to others, it’s really hard to have good pressure due to the fact that ele is really cd dependant, doesn’t have any boons strip/condition pressure/lifesteal(rev) and get counter easily by protection and stab as power.
    As condition you haven’t access to much which make it ez to clean and still suffer from cd.

    It sure has a really strong/broken mechanic that is instant cast, and so prolly best burst potential in the game, but several classes have now really strong burst too (rev/core guard/holo/mes/necro) and will less suffer from their cd so more constant dmg and have way more sustain anyway.

    Talking about it sustain, it depends a lot on traitlines especially water without which you are forced to play as fa ether renewal to condi cleanse.

    A lot of utilities are useless in pvp like most of glyphs, and some aren’t fitting with ele mechanics, like the glyph / arcane utility that put conditions / make 5 next hit crits when ele will not inflict one big dmg but several little dmg

    As fa you haven’t much mobility for a roamer, aren’t that effective in teamfight because you die quite easily and have less pressure than rev/holo, doesn’t have stealth or much dodges like thief/mes or portal.

    Of course ele can’t have that much things, but it ld be awesome to be viable and bring something which make ppl want ele (like mes with portal, thief with stealth/mobility, rev with tf etc...)

    And please no bunkerino ele

    Hope i didnt lost myself to much in this novel

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.