[POLL] Current Most Useless Profession?

Kako.1930

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say ele. It used to be Rev at bottom tier but recent nerfs to some counters and the sword 5 animation buff have made things better for Rev.

The thing is Rev has more of a place in the meta than ele because it is capable of fulfilling multiple roles ( Bruiser, Sidenoder against power builds , +1 er ) while ele REALLY only has one build: Solo Bunker. And this brings ele to be compared to other classes that can do that role. Ele bunker also has the problem that it can't bunker forever against two classes: Holosmith and Revenant - The ele is forced to eventually leave the point or a good holo/Rev WILL eventually solo them. Its only true saving grace is the ability to endlessly troll condi mirage through the combo of Cleansing water + Woven stride, so you can make ele work as a counter pick that prevents mesmers from portal-cheesing a point. Now if only ele could actually KILL a condi mirage then the meta would be better for everyone.

There are a few amazing ele players out there but right now the class just feels like a less useful Guardian.

Thank you to everyone for voted! I think it's obvious which profession needs the most help now, but I don't mention the name of the profession because any threads that mention it by name are quickly moved to that profession's specific forum area, where it is hidden from sight and regarded as just the players that play that profession complaining. This way, it's made utterly clear that most of the pvp community agrees, and not just the players that play that specific profession.

Every class is better in something and worst in something(except few you know who classes are best at everything). Yes there are classes which are just better or esier but i think everything is kinda playable, dont remember its 5v5 if you're getting roasted from Spellbreaker just call allies and go fight elsewhere.For Ele i like that idea of caster, i like burst in scepter and lastmanstanding sword builds.What i hate the most is Soulbeast burst(necro main -_-) no counterplaybut thats the only thing and I dont thing its the thath huge problem of SB its more of Necro is countered by range.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Revenat is useless in every game mode, aside from some niche builds.

Compare and contrasthttps://metabattle.com/wiki/Revenanthttps://metabattle.com/wiki/ElementalistIf revenant is useless, then ele doesn't even exist in this game.

@pah.4931 said:If this was spec-based then I think Renegade might get the vote.

That's probably true.

@Tails.9372 said:I always find these threads kinda pointless because it's ultimately all about builds, not professions.

It would be if every profession had some viable builds, and then you could specify which build needs the most help, but it feels like you can't really succeed with any build playing a... certain profession. What's worse is that it's actually across the board in not only PvP, but also pve and wvw for this profession lol.

The comparison is more between the best builds for each profession, and not which profession can have the worst build, really. If everyone plays the best possible build for their profession, do they stand an even chance? It seems like one profession has a significant disadvantage, even when playing their most optimal build available to them.

@brunoam.7391 said:I've met good elementalist players, maybe it's a class that requires more player skill

I've met good elementalists too.Cellofrag makes excepcional plays on WvW, for instance.Problem is you need to be WAY better than your opponent to have a decent performance, playing as ele.If you're a 8/10 ele, your performance will be the same as a 5/10 necro/ mesmer/ engi/ warrior, etc

I main ele and have a warrior back up....i dont really have fun playing anyother classes....atm im bored af playing warrior, and fa ele my favorite play style is so under powered it makes me frustrated and sad. Its just not fun having to play 5 times harder then a spellbraker only to have done 15% damage, then for him to just use rush and hit me for 6k+ then have a so called anime god move Full Counter ( look up the seven deadly sins this is where they got it from, very unoriginal very dissapointing), be triggered either by my own lighting discharge attunement or my friendly player. Iv moved onto no mans sky for now...well see what the next balance patch brings us.

Archived