Newbie question, Are WXP upgrades accountbound?

VanWilder.6923

WxP upgrades: cata mastery, supply... etc... is character specific. The WxP is account wide so whatever WxP you have can be applied to different characters in different ways.

As for what to focus on... Gliding is the one you want first... then I'm sure different people will have different ideas, but for me as a commander I like to have people that are able to carry as much supply as possible, so Supply Master would be my 2nd choice.

@"VanWilder.6923" said:Which upgrade I should focus on first or in that order of priority.

Those should be your priorities if you start out from "zero" (or have very little points to spend, IMHO)T1 in War Gliding (3 points), just to be able to glideT2 Repair Master (3 points), so you are not rooted too long repairingT2 Build Master (3 points), so you are not rooted too long building in a fightT2 Guard Killer (4 points), is your entry level of roaming/camp flippingT2 Defense against Guards (4 points), see aboveT1 Supply Master (1 point), your entry level skill for supply runs

The rest is pretty much up to your play style:Roaming should focus on the guards & supply skillsFighting in large groups benefits from siege bunker and supply capacityIn terms of individual siege skills, start working on siege you might need more often (catas, rams and ACs), but remember that a maxed out skill user is always best at the siege engine than someone who is levelling (and it can be seen, e.g. if you can't put Structural Vulnerability on a gate with a ram)

@"cbocbo.1509" said:autoloot

Addendum:Autoloot requires the Central Tyria Mastery line "Pact Commander" on the T3 level (Advanced Logistics) AND the T4 Provisions Mastery (total of 20 points) with WxP skills. If you can remember to spam F during a (large group) fight, it is not essential, but I agree it is a big quality of life upgrade if you have it.

@Gorani.7205 said:

Addendum:Autoloot requires the Central Tyria Mastery line "Pact Commander" on the T3 level (Advanced Logistics) AND the T4 Provisions Mastery (total of 20 points) with WxP skills. If you can remember to spam F during a (large group) fight, it is not essential, but I agree it is a big quality of life upgrade if you have it.

I'm quite sure those 2 are seperated, so you can just get wvw autoloot while it isn't working in pve (yet).

Definitely want autoloot asap. Tough to grab bags when you are on the run or in a zerg fight with tons of effect flying around. And as a new player it will be a while before you build up funds, so those lost bags hurt.

And as others said Gliding 1.

Being able to carry more supply will save you a lot of running back and forth and will help the war effort.

After that it depends a bit on if you are going to roam or follow the zerg.And you can always respec. But only the first one is free.

Dang, been a while since I had to think about that.

You definitely want at least the basic level of gliding first and 2 points in supply master so you can run faster when you pick up supply, and 1 point into build master and repair master or otherwise it's way too slow. If your commander doesn't see stuff getting built, he may ragequit, and you dont want that. OTOH, if you do build the proper things, you will be already in the top half of pugs. Auto loot is a big one, and will be a focus.

Other nice to haves are a bit of attack/defense against guards but that's hardly needed if your gear is exotic or better. Siege weapon masteries, I'd work on rams first since there's a big difference between mastery and no mastery, and then maybe catapults if you want. If you plan on running out of a zerg, you'll want to work harder on those and I'd actually go for catapults first. The other siege masteries.... well just leave it to other people for now.

@Gorani.7205 said:

Since i made a 2nd. Account while waiting on my ticket you can definatly autoloot without the pve stuff ^^ i also would recommend gliding first and the autoloot. Not spamminng the f key infight is super nice. The rest depends on playstyle and goals. As long as you arent fully skilled in f.e. rams please dont use them in a group. I hate it when i need to kick out people of the rams when the cant use the 2nd skill.

@"VanWilder.6923" said:I have another question, I have been playing WvW a lot recently but not much of WXP, I die a lot though. Any advise how to survive, or how to get WXP efficiency? Currently at level 11 WvW.

How to survive is a very complex question, I can't really answer without knowing why you die and how.

To get more WxP?

1. You could try to find a large Ktrain in Edge of the Mists (the "waiting in queue map" that is pretty much only used to farm) Usually the zerg rotates through structures on the map and gets a lot of WxP there by flipping keeps and towers a lot more often than on the regular WvW maps. You won't get any reward track ticks there.
  2. Join a commander on EB or a BL and follow his lead. Chose a backline role to be a bit safer (long rage weapon) and try to tag as many enemies as possible in a fight and capture structures. This usually rewards bigger chunks of WxP over time, but not very steady.
  3. Ask a roamer on a map to be his wingman and follow him. Roamers will do a lot of small tasks, like killing dollys, capping camps and keeping roads open (sentries) and buffs up (on Desert BL shrines). WxP rewards are small, but steady. You need a build with good movement and quick kill / evade options.
  4. Use your Guild's WxP buff from the Tavern
  5. Use a Booster, when you realise it is working well for you. If you have participated in the Boss Blitz Weekend, you got Celebration Boosters, which double the WxP gain.

@Gorani.7205 said:

@"VanWilder.6923" said:I have another question, I have been playing WvW a lot recently but not much of WXP, I die a lot though. Any advise how to survive, or how to get WXP efficiency? Currently at level 11 WvW.

How to survive is a very complex question, I can't really answer without knowing why you die and how.

To get more WxP?
  1. You could try to find a large Ktrain in Edge of the Mists (the "waiting in queue map" that is pretty much only used to farm) Usually the zerg rotates through structures on the map and gets a lot of WxP there by flipping keeps and towers a lot more often than on the regular WvW maps. You won't get any reward track ticks there.
  2. Join a commander on EB or a BL and follow his lead. Chose a backline role to be a bit safer (long rage weapon) and try to tag as many enemies as possible in a fight and capture structures. This usually rewards bigger chunks of WxP over time, but not very steady.
  3. Ask a roamer on a map to be his wingman and follow him. Roamers will do a lot of small tasks, like killing dollys, capping camps and keeping roads open (sentries) and buffs up (on Desert BL shrines). WxP rewards are small, but steady. You need a build with good movement and quick kill / evade options.
  4. Use your Guild's WxP buff from the Tavern
  5. Use a Booster, when you realise it is working well for you. If you have participated in the Boss Blitz Weekend, you got Celebration Boosters, which double the WxP gain.

EOTM does not give wxp anymore, and... it’s dead.

Thanks all. After playing WvW for a week, I kind of get the hand of it, level 19 Recruit atm.I am not sure what I have been doing wrong, anyone can kill me with 1-2 shots. Running Warrior with Fully Viper gears, Elementalist with full Berserker seems pretty bad. Because I dont have enough resources to make Marauder yet.I learn that, stay with tag at all time help me survive through Fight, especially when claiming the central castle at Eternal. For Fully Berserker Ele, casting Meteor Shower can take few lives with me when I am downed. :p

Archived