[Suggestion] "Use All" when opening bags should stop opening at 5 empty inventory slots

xiiliea.9356

The "Use All" function when mass opening bags should stop when you have 5 or less empty inventory slots, not when your inventory is full. This is mainly directed at Bags of Gear / Bags of Masterwork Gear, because if you use Use All on them, they will make your inventory full every time so you can't salvage anything. And you can't use deposit materials because they are all gears. So you're stuck with a full inventory and have to find a bank to deposit some of them to free up some slots, before you can start salvaging them.

This can easily be solved by stopping auto bag opening at 5 empty inventory slots, to give enough space for salvaging. This way, if you open a Bag of Gear, you'll get 3 gears and still have 2 empty slots to salvage.

I tend to open bags regularly or put them in the bank for other characters to open.

I never really understood why you couldn't salvage an item with a full inventory. If it's a coding thing, OK you don't need to go further. If it's a logistical thing, it doesn't make sense. If salvaging causes two or more items that little side note could pop up. Plenty of times it pops up asking if the character wants all items if inventory is already full.

After two unpacking & salvaging sessions, I figured this little system out. As most of you guys, I am also using one specific character to open all my bags/boxes/containers. That character has one 15-slot invisible bag on top and the rest are normal bags.

In the beginning the invisible bag contains:

• Mystic Salvage Kits
  • Black Lion Salvage Kit
  • Stacks of bags/boxes/containers
  • 1 of each luck-type (blue, green, yellow, orange)
  • green sigils as fillers

The regular bag starts with 2 green sigils as fillers, on top of the bag (first two slots). Before I start, I make sure to have all buffs and stand within range of a merchant NPC. After opening the vendor, I make sure to have the vendor-window next to my inventory-window. There should be the two green sigils visible only now (from the normal bag).

START1.) Click on the first stack, open all. Inventory gets flooded by loot until it is full and we get the message with the one item in the box.2.) Click 2x sell on the vendor window. Now you have the last item + 1 free slot.3.) Start salvaging with your kits, via auto-salvage (rightclick, select rarity). I use the copper-fed for white+blue+green, the Mystic for rares and the BL for exotics.4.) Deposit all, to send all materials to the vault. If a material cannot be stored anymore, move it into the invisible bag by exchanging it with one of the green sigil fillers. If a luck-stack is complete, either consume it or store it. Luck cannot be accidentally sold, so you can either store them in the invisible bag or in the regular ones.5.) Sell Junk at the vendor.6.) Compact7.) Sell all but two sigils/runes. Those should be on top of the first normal bag again. This can be easily prepared, just mark the 3rd item on the vendor (from top) and sell until only two are left.REPEAT until you are finished.

I am not a dedicated farmer, so I assume there are more efficient ways. This was the easiest/cheapest I figured out.

How about a new bag type that will never fill up automatically by ingame mechanics, and only fill up when YOU as the player move something in it yourself. This would be a hassle-free solution to many scenarios.

I mean we already have invisible bags that are exempt from accidental "getting rid" of stuff by selling it. A bag that is exempt from accidental "filling up" with things you don't put in there yourself is a comparable design, just working the other way around.

I like to be near a vendor NPC when I open all so I can sell junk items first to free up some space. I also might sell some items on TP or deposit some items.

I have salvaged with a full inventory. The salvaged item gets replaced with the first salvage result. Any additional salvage results go into a little popup window. You can consume luck, deposit mats or destroy items from that window. It's a little tedious to start that way but I like how that works. I only do this when there's no other way to free up space first.

I'd prefer open all to go until all space is used up. Another way to have free space after an open all would be to split a few single loot bags off of the stack, then open all, then add the singles back to what's left of the stack.

I like @HnRkLnXqZ.1870 suggestion of using 15-copper items as filler, that you can delete if you need space in an emergency. My trick is that I divide the bags into smaller stacks. With 100 slots free, I'll divide into three stacks for bags of gear (single item drop), 5-6 stacks for champ bags (two items), etc. Open-all, process, repeat.

As I said above, I really don't want the game deciding for me how I should process containers and I don't think it's a good use of the developer time to try to provide it as an option; there are other QoL issues I'd rather see addressed.

Archived