Bleeding is no longer only 25 stacks, revert torment off-hand sword!

Lumpy.8760

@"Kiroshima.8497" said:Personally, I'd like to seehttps://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Deep_Woundreturn as a warrior thing. Sword 4 would be a good place for it.

I didn't thought about it...but yeah it would be cool. I mean:

• sever artery gash was a historical and nice combination in gw1
  • warrior is probably the only class which doesn't have access to poison. Having a special condi that reduce healing (+ another effect) would be nice.
  • sword off-hand is not very strong, so give it a special ability and flavour could redeem it.

I don't see why it applies torment. Sword build are built around bleeding. Impale hardly benefits from trait.

Let's put it like this:

• impale now inflits 1 stack of bleeding for 8s every second 5 times.
  • In addition to damage (maybe slightly reduced), rip inflicts the special effect "deep wound" for 8 or 10s.

deep wound effect: reduced incoming healing by 20% and... what else? Suggestions:

• Healing is canceled if life is above 80%. (Would serve as a counter to burst healing. Unfortunately, it's more a pvp thing, with practically no use in pve)
  • Incoming damage is increased by 10% while life is above 80% (both direct and condi. Would work as some kind of extended vulnerability)
  • Reduce max health by 10% (Would work as a kind of "inverted barrier": there would be a grey area LEFT of life bar, resulting in immediat death when reached. With a maximum of helath reduction to prevent it from being ultra op against raid boss)

Also, deep wound could also come back as a condition.

Warning: We may go off-topic with this. Maybe create an alternate discussion Overall, I'm 100% for sword 4 change

I don't see why it applies torment. Sword build are built around bleeding. Impale hardly benefits from trait.

It apply torment because the main purpose of torment is to punish movement. When torment was introduced in the game anet wanted it as a way to prevent foes that are under it's effect to move. We all know that players don't give a **** of this restriction and prefer to rant about condi damage being to high but by all mean the purpose of torment is to punish movement. So in theory (ANet love theory) when you land some torment onto your target, this target will stop moving and you'll be free to add more bleed on it.

Now, as a condi weapon, objectively sword off-hand isn't half bad (even impale), the weapon is just outdone by the torch and the fact that the berserker e-spec is generally better than the rest of the warrior for condi builds. The main reason being that outside of arms, the core traitlines heavily lean toward power damage.

Impale is great as a condi skill because it apply steadily torment every seconds for 4s without really burdening your rotation and it's range of 900 is also quite usefull.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

It apply torment because the main purpose of torment is to punish movement. When torment was introduced in the game anet wanted it as a way to prevent foes that are under it's effect to move. We all know that players don't give a **** of this restriction and prefer to rant about condi damage being to high but by all mean the purpose of torment is to punish movement. So in theory (ANet love theory) when you land some torment onto your target, this target will stop moving and you'll be free to add more bleed on it.

Now, as a condi weapon, objectively sword off-hand isn't half bad (even impale), the weapon is just outdone by the torch and the fact that the berserker e-spec is generally better than the rest of the warrior for condi builds. The main reason being that outside of arms, the core traitlines heavily lean toward power damage.

Impale is great as a condi skill because it apply steadily torment every seconds for 4s without really burdening your rotation and it's range of 900 is also quite usefull.

you realize that you gave the biggest reason to why ppl not stop moving when they get torment on themself? because you get even more stuff put onto you, standing still in gw2 is lethal. most stuff you get applied when you just stand still would hurt way more than the tomrent movement dmg

@RedShark.9548 said:

you realize that you gave the biggest reason to why ppl not stop moving when they get torment on themself? because you get even more stuff put onto you, standing still in gw2 is lethal. most stuff you get applied when you just stand still would hurt way more than the tomrent movement dmg

I realize that I said anet's point of view was unrealistic yes.

@Lumpy.8760 said:Warrior's off-hand sword is never used

lol, you got me! I totally forgot that we can use it!Sword offhand is probably the most useless weapon on all classes.

(Give me back A/Sw+LB in PvP! Loved that build!)

When i look at the focus change for i hope they will do something with sword offhand.There is a little problem with your suggestions:Condi builds are always played with berserker. But then the torch is used. Buffing condi dmg on off sword and it competes with torch, but only one will win for condi builds. (In PvE, for PvP condi is just an gimmick atm.)

Thats why an buff in off sword have to bring any different benefit. But what?

• Maybe an additional effect for Impale? Deep wound sounds funny for me! But it will be insane strong!
  • An buff to Rip? In the past (long long time ago!) there where suggestions to add an leap to Rip. Sounds funny and fits the sword style.
  • Riposte will never shine as defensive style when it only blocks ONE hit every 15 seconds. It needs an better secondary effect. Maybe something like Immob when you block something in melee range? (Helps in comboing with axe or sword mainhand)
  • Based on the hybrid character of sword it should support both somehow. (Even when hybrid on warrior sucks :-/ )

tldr: Give me back A/Sw+LB in PvP! Loved that build!

Archived